Zuiderdam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Trieste IT
Rotterdam

0826World.thumb.png.67b129c123b8c4b922272dabd0d37419.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  We are sadly really feeling the Dog Days here.  I try to make my own luck but don't always succeed.  We've made great strides towards Women's Equality but have a long ways to go.  I love the Butterworth quote.  I look forward to photos of Mount Pelee.  I'm not into casseroles but this one sounds nice.

Today’s care list:

RIP Cape May Beach Patrol Norman Inferrerra 3rd Line of Duty Death 8/20/21
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western (Especially BC) wildfires
Death in Sam’s aide’s family and dilemma in his caregiver situation
Afghanistan and Norseh2o’s nephew assisting the evacuation
New Zealand continuing outbreak
JazzyV with several procedures
From the rotation:
Me awaiting PET test results
Cruisin single awaiting mamogram clarification

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Welcome aboard CM1984
2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Nieuw Statendam in Everglades Monday
Cruisin single and CruiseMGM on BHB
Early detection of durangoscots melanoma
2 Days and negative test for SharoninAz
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the daily report Rich.  Cheers to Women’s Equality Day and to dogs.  I got some scratch lottery tickets for my birthday that I’m sure are all going to be winners.  Today’s quote is very good advice.  The meal suggestion sounds very nice.  Haven’t cruised past today’s destination before and look forward to seeing the photos.  Prayers to everyone on our prayer list and hip hip hooray to all celebrating a happy event today.

• Like 25

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I like today’s quote, wish more people understood the sentiment.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds interesting but I’ll wait until @dfishshares the recipe and picture to pass judgment.  Another hot humid day here today.  I hope everyone has a nice day.

I certainly enjoy my neighbors dogs.
image.thumb.png.6f7eecb071dd5cf1df7ab81759dc6e68.png

• Like 32
  • Haha 3

Good morning and thank you for the Daily Report.

Equality is something to strive for.  Every day is DOG day in our house.🙂

Very good quote.

The meal sounds interesting.  Hope the drink and wine are good too.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Mt Pelee.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 23

Today's alternative menu suggestion is Celery Apple Soup with Caramelized Walnut, Grilled Black Angus Ribeye Steak (half) and Cherry Garcia Ice Cream.  The soup is from the Modern page, the rest from the Classic page.

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/dinner0826.pdf

dishes26.jpg

August 26, 2018 was a sea day from Bimini to Charleston.

Roy

• Like 32

Good morning!   

Wow, two nights of good sleep in a row.  I may quit that club of no sleep.   

I pulled out the suitcase for Alaska yesterday and put a couple things in it.   I have my appointment for my COVID test and I'm ready and waiting!   

Today's meal looks good and proclaims to be healthy, but at 72 grams of carbohydrates a serving, it wouldn't be the best choice for me.   This meal goes to show you that we all have individual health needs when it comes to food and what might be healthy for one, isn't for another.   In this recipe the culprits are the rice, potatoes, and cranberries.  It sure looks good, though. 

I would go with Roy's steak tonight.  

https://blog.ochsner.org/recipes/harvest-chicken-casserole-recipe

1170993977_HarvestChickenCasserole.thumb.jpg.ea55275272733c683ee285f3f2dbbb9b.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Thursday smile 🙂 

Yay on Women’s Equality Day - so worthy of celebration.  I’m not lucky at all so I always have had to make my own.  National Dog Day?  Isn’t everyday National Dog day?

63022B24-2317-4B1B-BFF2-13836480854C.jpeg.f77ff03e6260b3cf1c7dbf6529de722a.jpeg

Love the quote - definitely words to live by.  The meal suggestion for today sounds good.  I suspect we will have leftovers tonight or something on the bbq.  Another severe heat warning day here.

@aliaschiefsorry your flight is delayed.  Hopefully it doesn’t make for a long day for you 🤞 

@dfishhow exciting to be packing 🙂 

The Black Pearl chili’s flower is very different.  It’s purple!  It’s the first year I’ve planted this type of chili and it caught me by surprise.

CC03935D-5049-4DB8-9442-17F1DB9F4AA5.thumb.jpeg.8074ee95b7d9bd44e8601be561edfa83.jpeg

Chili flowers are normally white.  With the heat I’m going to have to bottle water a lot of the hanging plants today.

2BD0085C-1DE0-438B-8969-6E689DB24E8A.thumb.jpeg.d914518d81820eb2208c62769b17df15.jpeg

a few of the begonias on the deck wall

13B78EAA-E8AD-4832-B4EB-DC448CAF1E6F.thumb.jpeg.496d76817ebef71492c326370012961c.jpeg

Well, I better get at it and get those plants watered and try to decipher the Future Cruise Listing.  What a mess again!

F6863CCA-A12F-4163-8D70-493A39015803.thumb.jpeg.302e54b01a1f8d7e867586b2a573c721.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone!!!

B2E88368-3E50-4397-9980-21CB409BC0DC.jpeg.51cf1f8d8fa0920edc964217e492da5a.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, and thanks for the Daily Report. Sam had a good report from the vet yesterday. I was almost correct on his weight as it is 112 pounds! He is a big boy considering that my previous Mal, Juno (really miss that girl!), was 23 inches at the withers. Sam is 28 inches! Common to some big dog breeds, Sam has hip dysplasia but according to the vet his knees are in decent shape. Hopefully we can keep arthiritis under control for a few years.

0812211748_HDR.thumb.jpg.875736146f78240c5a925c70b5616833.jpg

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 33

Good morning!

Thanks for The Daily and all who contribute.

Since it’s National Dog Day, I will honor my granddog, Courage.  He is a rescue and the love of my DD’s life. He’s 11 and facing ACL surgery on September 2.  Such a sweet, sweet boy 💕

EFE9A691-5BA5-47B0-9B98-47D3EB526C63.jpeg.e4e293e055bdfdd1c4a768c776082ff1.jpeg

Also, 2 weeks ago I shared a little clip of the Goldendoodle who came to live next door.  Here is a photo of Florrie and “Auntie Kay” (me) taken this Monday.  She’s growing like a weed!

97C5931F-09F0-42CC-AFE4-D8A5E6B7CBCB.thumb.jpeg.8361cde05091be56f3fe88ea6ed6fe4e.jpeg

• Like 34

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Today's alternative menu suggestion is Celery Apple Soup with Caramelized Walnut, Grilled Black Angus Ribeye Steak (half) and Cherry Garcia Ice Cream.  The soup is from the Modern page, the rest from the Classic page.

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/dinner0826.pdf

dishes26.jpg

August 26, 2018 was a sea day from Bimini to Charleston.

Roy

That sounds good!

• Like 10

Good morning!  Not very pretty outside - it's gray and hazy instead.  Thanks @richwmnfor the Daily today.  We have a very specific destination today with the daylight passing of Mt. Pelee.  Too bad if you passed it during the nighttime hours though that might be more exciting if the volcano were active.  I don't recall having passed Mt. Pelee before so no photos from me.  Thanks for the photos already shown though.

Women's Equality Day is of course very important.  No one wants to feel like a second class citizen.  Cheers to all the dogs today as they celebrate National Dog Day.  I try to make my own luck any day of the week.  

Today's casserole selection doesn't appeal to me so I'll have to go with the steak.  Thanks @rafinmdfor our lists.  I hope all on the Care list improve with our prayers and cheers to those celebrating something today.  

Nothing exciting to report today, so that could be a good thing.  I'm using Edge instead of Chrome to post here and it hasn't helped at all.  It's taking me so long to do anything anymore with this crazy keyboard.  Probably something I did to it.  About a month ago I splashed a little peach tea on it when I forgot to put the lid on tightly on my insulated mug.  I cleaned it up thoroughly including absorbing droplets from the edges of the keys but I think that has come back to haunt me.😟

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Today is Women's Equality Day, National Dog Day, and Make Your Own Luck Day

"Don't go through life, grow through life. - Eric Butterworth"

Meal suggestion for today - Harvest Chicken Casserole

Drink of the Day - Vesper

Wine of the day - Borrasca Prosecco Docg

Destination of the Day - Daylight passing Mount Pelee

Ships with Passengers

at Sea
Eurodam destination Mykonos

Ketchikan, AK
Nieuw Amsterdam 07:00 - 16:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Westerdam Destination Puerto Vallarta MX eta 8/29

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Ensenada MX
Koningsdam
Noordam Anchorage

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Long Beach
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Trieste IT
Rotterdam

0826World.thumb.png.67b129c123b8c4b922272dabd0d37419.png

Rich I thank you for the DAILY FLEET REPORT. Eric Butterworth made a good observation.  Havw a great day.

• Like 10

Good  morning  to all  my  fellow  Dailyites  and  thanks  to  Rich  for our reports.  Thanks  also  to  Roy for  our  lists  and  Jacqui  for  the  morning  laugh.  @dfish, The  recipe  came  just  in  time as  I  am  at  my"what  do  I  make  today" point  in  the  week. I  will  make  one  without  the  chicken  for  our vegetarian eaters  and  the  other  for  the  rest  of  us. Many  thanks! Enjoy  your  packing,very  exciting.

It  is  a very  warm  August  day again  and  my  DB reminded   me  that  he  moved  away  from  NY to  avoid  both  August  and  February.  I  reminded  him  that  we  have  other  months  that  are  lovely  to  compensate.

I heartily  salute Women's Equality Day. I  hope  my  DGD sees some  change in  her  lifetime. Everyday  is  Dog  Day  around  here . I  have  tried  to  make  my  own  luck  but  it  has  not  always  worked  out. The  quote  today  is  a  good  one.

Even as  a  small  pup,he  was  in  charge  of  the  house.       Terry

IMG_1224.JPG

• Like 29

Thank you for the Daily.

I joined Cruise Critic yesterday and started reading the Daily, past and present, immediately. I look forward to getting to know you all through this forum.

Have a terrific day.

• Like 33

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  We are sadly really feeling the Dog Days here.  I try to make my own luck but don't always succeed.  We've made great strides towards Women's Equality but have a long ways to go.  I love the Butterworth quote.  I look forward to photos of Mount Pelee.  I'm not into casseroles but this one sounds nice.

Today’s care list:

RIP Cape May Beach Patrol Norman Inferrerra 3rd Line of Duty Death 8/20/21
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western (Especially BC) wildfires
Death in Sam’s aide’s family and dilemma in his caregiver situation
Afghanistan and Norseh2o’s nephew assisting the evacuation
New Zealand continuing outbreak
JazzyV with several procedures
From the rotation:
Me awaiting PET test results
Cruisin single awaiting mamogram clarification

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Welcome aboard CM1984
2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Nieuw Statendam in Everglades Monday
Cruisin single and CruiseMGM on BHB
Early detection of durangoscots melanoma
2 Days and negative test for SharoninAz
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy:  Thanks for both lists

• Like 8

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the lists. Both meal suggstions look good. Happy to celebrate a day for equality. Our little dog kind of makes every day a dog celebration.

Stay safe everyone

• Like 17