FTTF opening up close to cruise date?

zorky12

Was wandering if anyone has ever seen the FTTF come open after the final payment date? I booked a cruise that was already past the final payment date and I know some FTTF come open around this time. Anyone ever see it come open at random after that or am I wasting my time checking it 50 times a day starting at 5am? Last time i got FTTF it was about 4am one random day prior to final payment on our last cruise a few years ago. Its on the Horizon and shows sold out so I know its available. 

I thought FTTF was not being offered at the restart of cruising. Haven't seen anyone post that they have been able to book it yet. Guests check-in 14 days before their cruise to get an assigned boarding time. Suites, Platinum and Diamond, I believe do online check-in at 12:01am, 16 days prior.

I've seen people book it aware they wouldnt get priority boarding or first choice of boarding times. Seems some are still buying it. Comes in and out on my cruises. Makes no sense to me why buy it but they say might have their cabins ready sooner and for tenders like to Belize.

Yes, but I don't think it is offered on cruises this year. If you can navigate to the sales page for it while logged in, it will say sold out if it is available on your cruise but just sold out. It will show no price and say at to cart, but not allow you to if it isn't available at all. 

17 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've seen people book it aware they wouldnt get priority boarding or first choice of boarding times. Seems some are still buying it. Comes in and out on my cruises. Makes no sense to me why buy it but they say might have their cabins ready sooner and for tenders like to Belize.

Same. Its been on and off of mine afew times. Very weird

On 8/27/2021 at 8:19 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

This.  It might get offered for the Nov/Dec cruises, or it might not.

Someone on my oct breeze bought it just yesterday.

What regulations prohibit it being sold. You dont get priority boarding but perhaps the other perks. 

It is still popping up for sale. Not aware of any regulations prohibiting the sale. Maybe faster access to your cabin, priority tender, customer service .. idk seems like it's being sold. People are buying knowing they dont get priority boarding. 

I purchased for my Oct 16 cruise. The guest service line and room ready when booking was enough for me to get it. I cant see anywhere saying it would be canceled and refunded or even know why they would even allow it to be purchased it that was the case. 

24 minutes ago, zorky12 said:

I purchased for my Oct 16 cruise. The guest service line and room ready when booking was enough for me to get it. I cant see anywhere saying it would be canceled and refunded or even know why they would even allow it to be purchased it that was the case. 

You asked about it last Friday and now you've already purchased FTTF. Have a great cruise. 

Oh, please come back and update us if they cancel and refund your FTTF before your cruise. Carnival wants to generate revenue from FTTF and many people always asking about it here. We'll assume it is a go for Oct. until someone posts that they were refunded.

Just checked my planner for our Nov. 15 cruise on the Liberty, which no longer is available for booking...FTTF is now available.

I wonder if my cruise got the ax or if it is sold out.

Call in to my PVP.

My Sept. Magic cruise still has cabins.

Edited by Fla Mike

On 8/27/2021 at 8:17 AM, 1025cruise said:

FTTF is not currently being offered due to current regulations. Anyone that has it purchased will have it refunded.

I got folks who purchased it for oct breeze, not cancelled or refunded.

That's why I'm beginning to wonder if carnival just decided ok we will offer it for the other stuff it comes with. Why keep offering it off and on for sept and oct if they know they will canc it.

I have it for October and November out of Baltimore. No cancellations yet.  If they cancel, they cancel and give me my money back.  However, its worth noting Royal is bringing back their version of this called The Key in October or November...forget which.  These are revenue generators for the lines and they can use all the help in that department.   I wonder if they will bring FTTF back on some smaller ships first or one port at a time to phase it in. 

On 8/27/2021 at 9:17 AM, 1025cruise said:

FTTF is not currently being offered due to current regulations. Anyone that has it purchased will have it refunded.

On 8/28/2021 at 11:19 AM, firefly333 said:

What regulations prohibit it being sold. You dont get priority boarding but perhaps the other perks. 

It isn't that the regulations prohibit it per se, but rather that the logistics of getting everyone boarded in accordance with the current protocols has resulted in losing that early boarding perk, which is perceived to be the main benefit.  So rather than get accused of shafting their customers by watering down the benefits, they just yanked the offering in toto.

4 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

It isn't that the regulations prohibit it per se, but rather that the logistics of getting everyone boarded in accordance with the current protocols has resulted in losing that early boarding perk, which is perceived to be the main benefit.  So rather than get accused of shafting their customers by watering down the benefits, they just yanked the offering in toto.

Bingo

14 hours ago, mondello said:

You asked about it last Friday and now you've already purchased FTTF. Have a great cruise. 

Oh, please come back and update us if they cancel and refund your FTTF before your cruise. Carnival wants to generate revenue from FTTF and many people always asking about it here. We'll assume it is a go for Oct. until someone posts that they were refunded.

Thank you I will. I see you are a fellow Buckeye as well! I live just north of Columbus . I just so happened to check for FTTF and it was available. Figured why not? 

I fully expect with the reduced capacity continuing as long as covid is not under control that FTTF will be canceled. With as fast as they are currently boarding at ports, there is no real benefit and reason to staff it. I think it will be canceled at least through the end of 2021. 

It just let me book FTTF for our December 11th cruise on Horizon out of Miami. It shows a time on there from 12:00 pm - 1:00pm. I don`t know if that means anything are not. I hope we don`t get canceled!

On 8/28/2021 at 12:51 AM, Don Kehote said:

On Friday, August 21, FTTF showed up as available on my 12/5/21 cruise on Carnival Pride.  I purchased it at that time.  

Was it located in the shore excursions section? I will be on the Pride the end of January and it hasn’t shown up yet. Thanks.

I am on the Breeze in December and had FTTF booked, got a letter in email today that FTTF was not going to happen and they are refunding the cost. It said it was for those booked October thru December.

see letter below 

Edited by Border Granny