LIVE - 4cats4me’s last-minute cruise on the Majestic Princess, August 29, 2021

4cats4me

7 hours ago, geoherb said:

It would be so much easier if Princess would call them petit fours instead of mignardises. I also remember seeing them called gourmandises on the menu.

I was wondering if they were petit fours. I forgot that they used the other word for them. 

Princess likes to play with us with what they call things.  They have been changing (dumbing down) terms we have known forever, like tender and gratuities.  This is a new one and makes the least sense to me.  Is this because we Americans have known these tiny pastries as Petit fours and the rest of the world calls the by a more European name gourmandises?   Princess never ceases to amaze me with some of the things they change for no really important reason except to change.  (With the exception of when it comes to money matters where the constantly cheapen or eliminate the things we know.  When it comes to money matters I may not like, but I can understand)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

Thanks for the recommendations I’ll give them a try…..great having the drink package!!! 🍸

If you have the drink package you should also try the Toasted Almond and the Raspberry Cream Brulee Martini.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Did the lattes go on your drink package or did they charge you extra? 

The drink package included the coffee package.  Your medallion will be picked up at the bars and coffee locations when ordering.  The app was great to order drinks.  You can order a drink from the app anywhere on the ship and they will find you.  When the bars were busy, rather than wait for a server, we just used the app and you can even see the status of your order.  It made ordering so easy and fast.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

Princess likes to play with us with what they call things.  They have been changing (dumbing down) terms we have known forever, like tender and gratuities.  This is a new one and makes the least sense to me.  Is this because we Americans have known these tiny pastries as Petit fours and the rest of the world calls the by a more European name gourmandises?   Princess never ceases to amaze me with some of the things they change for no really important reason except to change.  (With the exception of when it comes to money matters where the constantly cheapen or eliminate the things we know.  When it comes to money matters I may not like, but I can understand)

and does it really lessen or take away from your/our cruise experience

We were in B401 last week and the door going out to the balcony was very difficult to open.  Sometimes it was near impossible.  We struggled with it and my DW ended up twisting her back.  We mentioned it to our cabin steward and he told maintenance who came up and applied a white powder (talc) to the inside rubber.  It made all the difference.  If you have a difficult door report it to maintenance.  You should not have to struggle opening it.  

I am envious of the weather you are enjoying in Juneau. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The weather looks beautiful. We did not see any sun last week but still had a great time. At least in Juneau, it did not rain. Ironically, it was the first time I've seen rain in Ketchikan. I'd been there five times before last week. 

2 hours ago, phabric said:

Has anybody stayed in E408 or E410 part obstructed extended angle balcony (DW).?

How obstructed are there?

For both, no obstructions looking straight out, or to the bow or stern. No tenders/lifeboats below. Should be a pretty good choice.

Here's some pix of E410 on the Regal Princess (same class ship as Majestic)

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Regal-Princess&cabin=E410

And here's a link to the deck plan for the Majestic

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Majestic-Princess&zoom=1

Edited by milogurd

8 hours ago, TinaLee said:

This sounds so good!  And if you like this, may I please recommend the key lime pie martini and/or a French martini which is vanilla vodka, chambord (raspberry liqueur) and pineapple juice. 🙂 

Thanks for the recommendation. Having the French Martini now and will then try the Key Lime Pie Martini.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Has anyone sailing on this cruise used their drink package to order cocktails in their cabins?  One of the previous voyage live threads mentioned getting drinks delivered to cabins (applied to drink package) and I wondered if that was unique to the first couple of voyages or if it’s continuing. 

I just ordered a French Martini and had it delivered to my cabin. Took about 15 minutes to get it. So to answer your question…..yes you can use your drink package to get cocktails delivered to your room!🍸🤪

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Thanks for the recommendation. Having the French Martini now and will then try the Key Lime Pie Martini.

The Key Lime Pie martini is the BEST.  
They quit making them for awhile.  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Trvlingal said:

I know the Patters have been posted for previous cruises but I didn't take a screen shot and can't find them.  Friends going on cruise Sept 19 were asking what times the shows were.  So would someone either answer the question OR post one Patter for the week showing the evening activities?  Thanks so much.  Looking forward to our cruise on the 12th.

This is the only one I have at the moment 

8E7C36F3-9574-4529-BE46-2CD4E7A7F799.jpeg

EFCCB5DD-E5A5-4F51-8B90-B46959FB3853.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

The Key Lime Pie martini is the BEST.  
They quit making them for awhile.  

I don’t see it on the menu through the app. Have you ordered it onboard this week and did the bartender know how to make it?

Hope you had a good day in Juneau!

7 hours ago, TinaLee said:

Your photos were probably the prettiest weather I've seen in Juneau all season!! Lucky you!! How's the temp?

Weather was warm and sunny today. High was 64. Didn’t need my down jacket. Just wore a long sleeve shirt which at times was too warm. Could have worn a t-shirt and been very comfortable.

@4cats4me i know how you feel. My boots were killing my feet as well and I was wishing I had my sandals on for part of the day.

• Like 3

Had a great day in Juneau today. We rented a car with another couple and drove all over to places they knew. Our first stop was the whale sculpture for photos. Next up was going to the Shrine of St. Therese. A beautiful place for walking some trails and being out in nature. On our way out/back we could see Mendenhall in the distance but didn’t go out there. Next we went out to Douglas Island and did some more walking trails to enjoy more of the beauty of Alaska. On our way back we stopped to get a photo of the Majestic Princess. Our final stop was at Fred Meyer to pick up a few items before returning the rental car and getting back on the ship.

We had a thoroughly enjoyable day with our new friends Tom and Sue. Thanks @Bosslady52for allowing us to join you and Tom today and showing us some of the sights that you both enjoy.

B8F910C2-772D-4E16-A271-111C3F291D99.thumb.jpeg.6d411b9142004a1ab9f8aab10fc812b0.jpeg66434079-8C37-40BD-953A-D06C95D35579.thumb.jpeg.f81e4456903649b0796a4a5dbc4703dc.jpeg938FABB6-2B2F-4D49-87E8-712D18E01C20.thumb.jpeg.5c1e7a9e29108e44aefcabc12d6a94c2.jpeg8400AD7B-CE0F-4CC9-811B-298C7A9CFF96.thumb.jpeg.301e4deb00f5d50044d1c025544f53f0.jpeg852A45F9-3CD0-49D3-B090-ABD2F52070F9.thumb.jpeg.ec2735b1d4da7b87fda404c3895e3a5f.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

I just ordered a French Martini and had it delivered to my cabin. Took about 15 minutes to get it. So to answer your question…..yes you can use your drink package to get cocktails delivered to your room!🍸🤪

Thank you for doing this important investigative work! 😄 Glad drink package is working for room service. I hope that continues! 

• Like 2