LIVE - 4cats4me’s last-minute cruise on the Majestic Princess, August 29, 2021

4cats4me

It’s a beautiful day in Seattle and I could have definitely worn shorts today. We have a large balcony which is quiet toasty at the moment. Obviously this won’t last.

Boarding for us was easy. It was 17 minutes from the time we dropped our luggage until we had champagne in hand. 

Enjoyed lunch in the Concerto dining room and unpacking our luggage now. Looking forward to the sail away at 4. Going to meet up with some new CC friends before then.

C72C9584-B1D4-4E3D-9CDC-C1EC24D9E44A.jpeg

DA95521B-7AB0-4D42-B04F-6288BD713465.jpeg

09591735-810F-49F7-B512-38231094AE08.jpeg

574E462D-F17C-4F38-8E7D-7F126C40AD30.jpeg

02F0016F-5EA7-4283-B4B6-6E6B4B00DA7B.jpeg

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

It’s a beautiful day in Seattle and I could have definitely worn shorts today. We have a large balcony which is quiet toasty at the moment. Obviously this won’t last.

Boarding for us was easy. It was 17 minutes from the time we dropped our luggage until we had champagne in hand. 

Enjoyed lunch in the Concerto dining room and unpacking our luggage now. Looking forward to the sail away at 4. Going to meet up with some new CC friends before then.

C72C9584-B1D4-4E3D-9CDC-C1EC24D9E44A.jpeg

Perfect shirt!

What a pleasant surprise when I went down to the laundry. (After 3 days away, I already had plenty to catch up on!) The stewards have left a bowl of tokens to use for both supplies and  the washer and dryer- free laundry! I’m also trying to find out why I had a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries delivered to our cabin- no note. I’m thinking it was probably my daughter’s doing, so I’ll have to ask her. The day has started out great!

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, FirstTeacher said:

What a pleasant surprise when I went down to the laundry. (After 3 days away, I already had plenty to catch up on!) The stewards have left a bowl of tokens to use for both supplies and  the washer and dryer- free laundry! I’m also trying to find out why I had a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries delivered to our cabin- no note. I’m thinking it was probably my daughter’s doing, so I’ll have to ask her. The day has started out great!

That's positivity!  Starting your cruise doing laundry....it IS going to be a fantastic voyage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

I boarded the ship at 11:50. 

At noon,  I went to Alfredos,  and just as I was ready to be seated  an And announcement was made that all the rooms were ready. 
everything was in my room when I arrived. The pre-ordered water, the mini bar, and the elite amenities, which today consist of a loofah, the moisturizer, the nail file, shower cap, and some kind of spray or mist. 
everything is  spotless and the shower curtain, for once,  does  not smell like mildew. 

already watched the Muster drill in the state room and went to my Muster Station. 

I returned to Alfredos at 1:00, after I was finished unpacking, as I brought everything on with me today, 22-inch suitcase and small tote. 

I have not yet purchased the Wi-Fi package, but I plan to,  Only I can’t remember how to accomplish that?? 
it’s been too long since the last cruise, apparently. 

this ship is beautiful. Sorry that I’m not posting pictures to go along with these reports but unfortunately I don’t have a very strong signal right now. 

DED8A7C7-3F47-4EF8-9816-55F78451DCBD.jpeg

B458415C-D1CB-4857-96AF-A477F02E52FD.jpeg

• Like 12

Sorry but having a great deal of trouble trying to post today. The Wi-Fi did not cooperate at all so I had to kick it back over to LTE Cruise critic keeps kicking me out 

Tried clearing cookies not sure what the problem is lol and I haven’t even started drinking yet!!

One of those photos above is of the French Bistro. 

cannot believe our luck with this beautiful weather. 

My cabin is beautiful, and I didn’t have to request anything. 

I have three robes in my cabin. Usually when we board we request the robes and they don’t arrive till day two or three, understandably. This time, I have three robes?? Haha!

• Like 5

View from my balcony. And my balcony looking upward. My husband and I have booked these cabins on several occasions, and they never disappoint. Although they are considered obstructed view, we love them. I particularly love that it is a straight drop down to the water so our views are not impeded by lifeboats in anyway whatsoever. It’s definitely bitchy up here at times, however.   Definitely not for the faint of heart. 
Seattle Express  van pictured below.  $20 each way or $35 round-trip. I only paid for one way because I wasn’t expecting to use it on them return initially, but I think I will, since they circle every 15 minutes and I can just go at my leisure. 

5A389833-4545-4F05-8CB6-7E9C992CC161.jpeg

F45E9E55-E2D2-401A-8AB1-DF4A8A9E9703.jpeg

6472ABB8-F04C-4670-B767-2B6777702679.jpeg

41A36592-B6DC-4A0A-8B76-8E73AC6EB7DB.jpeg

4D14BB59-E20F-4230-BE87-100FB1A29FFF.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TinaLee said:

If you could check on one small thing for me if you're out and about this evening... on previous sailings they offered 10% off in the shops (and in particular I'm talking a watch) which they added to our 10% discount as Elite. Have you seen anything in that regard? Weird not to have the sales flyers to tip you off to things like this, unless they've just done away with this. 

Thanks!!  

If you spend $100 by the end of the first sea day (Day 2), you get 10% off plus the Elite 10% if you qualify. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is my eighth or ninth time on a Royal-class vessel, and this ship  feels more elegant than the other ones, for some reason. I love the blue accents throughout the ship. 
The shopping appears more high end that on the Royal and the Regal.  

74B5F557-A10D-4E73-9B10-CB23D11FA9B0.jpeg

86313F23-3CDC-4CEA-AD03-12089D5F6E97.jpeg

FB027D65-AC29-4AB8-B47C-075F6535968C.jpeg

D32776AB-04AC-4133-8212-510D4803423D.jpeg

02DBBB71-B439-4251-923A-ABD7ED45A12F.jpeg

DFBF451D-57AC-4ED3-BF09-876490E6CB77.jpeg

D57026E9-3CD6-4135-BB6E-77BD282F0769.jpeg

AAC9C62C-4CAD-46EE-B013-D0686A5ACFE3.png

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 10

24 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

I have three robes in my cabin. Usually when we board we request the robes and they don’t arrive till day two or three, understandably. This time, I have three robes?? Haha!

That's to make up for all the times they missed. 🙂  This is a most excellent thread!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

I noticed that one of the bathroom amenities in your Elite bag was body lotion. Since I'm not elite, does that mean I won't get any and I'll have to bring my own?

(So the only way I’m able to post right now is the “my own posts

Right now.  I think it’s more of a cc issue. It always promised me to sign in yet when I look it says that I’m already signed in. Maybe if I start boozing I’ll have better luck 😁)
Apologies for all the grammatical errors, punctuation errors, etc., but I am voice dictating, And it’s too much trouble to go back and correct all the words that are coming out in lowercase. 

Awayyyy we go, and right on time. 

There  were some late arrivals from the airport. 

of note, I reserved using the dine my way app a couple weeks ago and picked 620 every night for the symphony dining room. 

upon meeting my cabin stewardess, she indicated that the symphony Will be closed, and instead I will be dining at concerto or allegro. And sure enough when I check the MedallionClass™ app it had reassigned me to concerto, five nights retain my original time request and two other nights it was changed to 10 minutes later. 

not an issue for me at all but I just wanted to note that. 

as an aside I cannot post with the ships Wi-Fi I had to kick it back to my LTE network cruise critic absolutely will not let me post. 
so I probably won’t be logging in for the rest of the week

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@4cats4meThank you for your reports. Love your cabin pics. Crossing my fingers, your WIFI will miraculously get better and we'll hear from you more. No pressure! Pescado Amarillo suggests a Elderflower Paloma in the Crown Grill. Just sayin. I can't wait to try that one. Have fun! Enjoy your return to cruising. Thanks, again!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, late2cruisin said:

I noticed that one of the bathroom amenities in your Elite bag was body lotion. Since I'm not elite, does that mean I won't get any and I'll have to bring my own?

It was our first cruise earlier this month, and we had the body lotion in our bathroom.  I took one to the desk and started using it, and they replaced the one in the bathroom.  So if you use it, you'll even get more -- or at least we did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Are the room stewards still being aloof (talk to you through the door)? 

Our room steward came in our room to introduce himself and spent about 10 minutes with us answering questions and explaining our suite benefits. He had a mask on and I asked him if he wanted us to wear our masks and he said we didn’t need to. So it seems the same as it was before except for wearing the mask.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dog said:

4cats—- I am having same issues with cc for a week now. It is a problem with cruise critic website  save your post before submitting & try to repost it in a minute 

The CC issues combined with Majestic Princess internet issues make every Live From post from the ship a victory of sorts. A poster on another Live From thread seemed to indicate the recent threads were falling short; between issues and the fact that people are there first to cruise, and second to fit us in when they are able, I’m sure most of us appreciate anything that gets posted, voluminous or not. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

DA95521B-7AB0-4D42-B04F-6288BD713465.jpeg

I have to wonder who at Princess and Accenture thought it was good PR to put Accenture's name on the free Medallion lanyard!  Now we know who to blame for the design and implementation fiasco!

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Right @cr8tiv1that is what the website says about room stewards. I only asked where your read that stewards were “still being aloof” as I know you’ve followed every live thread from mine on July 25th to this one. From what I experienced and from what I recall from following these threads the stewards’ have been as wonderful as always, behaviors and service paralleling or exceeding precovid. Myself and others have posted that stewards enter our rooms while we are in them. 

Just wondering if I missed something is all. I know things are in flux and as I’ve got 40 days booked from Oct 27 to Jan 6 I’m simply monitoring changes. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 3

@Kay S @HaveDogWillTravel Thanks for your positive comments. They are very much appreciated. 

@HaveDogWillTravel We met Francisco today and told him you spoke very highly of him. He remembers you. Unfortunately he’s not the room steward for the aft suites. Our room steward is Gerardo and he has all the aft suites so he has to cover multiple decks. It sounds like this is something new. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

@Kay S @HaveDogWillTravel Thanks for your positive comments. They are very much appreciated. 

@HaveDogWillTravel We met Francisco today and told him you spoke very highly of him. He remembers you. Unfortunately he’s not the room steward for the aft suites. Our room steward is Gerardo and he has all the aft suites so he has to cover multiple decks. It sounds like this is something new. 

I am not sure how or why Princess/Hotel decides on which cabins are serviced by steward.  There are 7 window suites on the grand class ships.  The only cabins on deck 6.  So steward is sent to service another deck.  I guess there is some logic to that, but... when you think about it, a suite is twice the size of an ordinary cabin.  More often than not, stewards assigned to suites are usually very efficient and stellar.