LIVE - 4cats4me’s last-minute cruise on the Majestic Princess, August 29, 2021

4cats4me

Hi all-

Arrived too early at the ship- always do. But they were ready for us and no question about what time we should have arrived. Through everything and sitting in the Elite area now. So many workers and so organized and friendly!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, mjceditor said:

Thank you for continuing "Live From"

I have one question, Is there an Elevator you can use instead of the Escalator down to Shuttle pickup? We are doing a B2B2B starting September 5th so we have a few suitcases.🥲

@mjceditorIMWTK...are you changing ships? Or is your question re: for your final disembarkation?

32 minutes ago, travelers07 said:

Hi all-

Arrived too early at the ship- always do. But they were ready for us and no question about what time we should have arrived. Through everything and sitting in the Elite area now. So many workers and so organized and friendly!

How early was it?  When did they open doors?  Was there just a few guests when doors opened?  Thanks.

Arrived at Port at 11:15, very calm environment, until getting into the building. In the health check line.  No movement whatsoever. The entire system is down. This technology is great!

The employee just made an announcement that the system is down and they have no idea how long it’s going to be. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

The entire system is down. This technology is great!

The employee just made an announcement that the system is down and they have no idea how long it’s going to be. 

Maybe they can order a new system on the app. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

3 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Arrived at Port at 11:15, very calm environment, until getting into the building. In the health check line.  No movement whatsoever. The entire system is down. This technology is great!

This is what happens when you place all of your eggs in one basket.  Happened to me when I was getting my second vaccination.  Waited in a car line for 45 minutes.  Lucky me.  I get up to the medical professionals and the terminal went down.  It would be "only" a few minutes.  They had to shut down and reboot.  

There's GOT TO BE a better method.  So sorry this happened to you.

• Thanks 1

Thanking you for starting another Live thread. We are going on the Majestic for a 3 day on October 6th and a 7 day on December 4th. I keep checking arrival time on the medallion app, but still too early. Plus we haven’t been assigned a cabin yet. Patience is key. 

• Like 2

I have a Fitness Center related question for someone on the ship. Can you tell if the spin bikes are available at any time or does one need to be in a class in order to utilize them. I appreciate everybody’s willingness to post these very fun trip reports and answer questions. We are on board in October, so looking forward to it! It will be our first princess cruise.

Im staying at that double tree before my cruise on the majestic sailing on sept 12. I wanted to mention there’s a testing service at the hotel called discovery health md. Its not cheap but its an option for people that might need it. They have rapid antigen testing and can book appointments pretty far out. Im actually using it for my party since were leaving 4 days in advance of cruise. This was the easiest option (but not cheapest) for our party. I dont really trust pcr to get back in time so would rather do it this way.  Have a great trip!

Edited by TxShenanigans
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, TxShenanigans said:

Im staying at that double tree before my cruise on the majestic sailing on sept 12. I wanted to mention there’s a testing service at the hotel called discovery health md. Its not cheap but its an option for people that might need it. They have rapid antigen testing and can book appointments pretty far out. Im actually using it for my party since were leaving 4 days in advance of cruise. 

You should post this info on one (or more) of the threads re: Covid testing. It could help for those sailing out of Seattle, but not readin this Live From.😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You should post this info on one (or more) of the threads re: Covid testing. It could help for those sailing out of Seattle, but not readin this Live From.😀

Info is also in the west coast forum. 

I boarded the ship at 11:50. 

At noon,  I went to Alfredos,  and just as I was ready to be seated  an And announcement was made that all the rooms were ready. 
everything was in my room when I arrived. The pre-ordered water, the mini bar, and the elite amenities, which today consist of a loofah, the moisturizer, the nail file, shower cap, and some kind of spray or mist. 
everything is  spotless and the shower curtain, for once,  does  not smell like mildew. 

already watched the Muster drill in the state room and went to my Muster Station. 

I returned to Alfredos at 1:00, after I was finished unpacking, as I brought everything on with me today, 22-inch suitcase and small tote. 

I have not yet purchased the Wi-Fi package, but I plan to,  Only I can’t remember how to accomplish that?? 
it’s been too long since the last cruise, apparently. 

this ship is beautiful. Sorry that I’m not posting pictures to go along with these reports but unfortunately I don’t have a very strong signal right now. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, TxShenanigans said:

Im staying at that double tree before my cruise on the majestic sailing on sept 12. I wanted to mention there’s a testing service at the hotel called discovery health md. Its not cheap but its an option for people that might need it. They have rapid antigen testing and can book appointments pretty far out. Im actually using it for my party since were leaving 4 days in advance of cruise. This was the easiest option (but not cheapest) for our party. I dont really trust pcr to get back in time so would rather do it this way.  Have a great trip!

Do you have a phone number?

Cost?

14 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

I have not yet purchased the Wi-Fi package, but I plan to,  Only I can’t remember how to accomplish that?? 

IIRC from one of the other Live Froms, you need to go to the Internet Cafe. Request the pre-cruise price (if it isn't offered) since you didn't know 😉😉 that you should have called Princess (and wait on hold for 2 or 3 hours) in order to purchase pre-cruise.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Thank you for starting yet another live thread.  Always good to get other perspectives.  Is there a reason you didn't purchase the wi-fi package pre-boarding?  What is the current onboard price?  I recently made the call to 800 Princess to pay for my order.  Representative hadn't heard of the 50% OBC to platinum and elite passengers.  

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

There should be instructions on the front of the Patter telling you how to get to the internet and from there you'll see the packages available.  If you don't see a Patter, I used Login.com to get to the Wifi.  Also you should see options at majestic.princess.com.  If you need help, the Navigators to the left of the photo area should be able to help you.  There's also a couple of computers against the wall for public use.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you could check on one small thing for me if you're out and about this evening... on previous sailings they offered 10% off in the shops (and in particular I'm talking a watch) which they added to our 10% discount as Elite. Have you seen anything in that regard? Weird not to have the sales flyers to tip you off to things like this, unless they've just done away with this. 

Thanks!!  

1 hour ago, 4cats4me said:

We had these instructions in our stateroom for connecting to internet.

8F367DDF-AA19-4F95-9918-86F29A922A1A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LinnieRed said:

I have a Fitness Center related question for someone on the ship. Can you tell if the spin bikes are available at any time or does one need to be in a class in order to utilize them. I appreciate everybody’s willingness to post these very fun trip reports and answer questions. We are on board in October, so looking forward to it! It will be our first princess cruise.

As I remember, spin bikes have only been available in classes.

• Thanks 1