Onboard Quest's first cruise

Huntingdon1701

2 minutes ago, doubled said:

Noticed in daily program that The Patio is not listed for dinner.  Do you know if it was closed for dinner?  We enjoyed going to some of their evening specials in the past.

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the posts. 

The Patio has been open in the evening every night where there hasn't been a pool deck celebration - so not the White Night or the Destination Celebration, because they need to se the area up. Other than that, it's open. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much for all the information which is very helpful for our upcoming cruise. I just wondered if you managed to sort out the uploading of the test result to British Airways and whether others have had problems? We haven’t booked any tests to bring with us so hoping the Azamara one is what’s needed for the ‘fit to fly’. 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

A question from a few days ago I meant to ask - did they offer ships shuttles in Cyprus as the cruise terminal looks a bit of a distance out of town or have I got that wrong?

All the ports have been pretty close to town, but it's a bit blurred now. They did offer shuttles in Mykonos today so I think it would be standard for them to do so if needed. I've just packed the Insiders but will try to remember to check when home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, malcliz said:

Thank you so much for all the information which is very helpful for our upcoming cruise. I just wondered if you managed to sort out the uploading of the test result to British Airways and whether others have had problems? We haven’t booked any tests to bring with us so hoping the Azamara one is what’s needed for the ‘fit to fly’. 

Currently having no luck with that - it's rejected the Azamara test three times but doesn't say why. I think it might be too far ahead as BA seems to be requiring within 72 hours rather than following actual government guidance (while claiming to do so). 

I'm taking an extra test tomorrow as a precaution (only €35 at the hotel) but will try and use the Azamara one to board the flight so the rest of you know what to expect. Uktog said the app was known to be having difficulties. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, capsplace said:

You may have already commented on this, but did Azamara offer COVID testing with results prior to disembarking?

Yes, they took place yesterday before they let us off in Santorini. If you scroll back through the thread a bit, you'll see the information letter setting it out, and more recently an edited copy of the test results letter. 

The thing to watch out for is if you have to take the test within a certain period. Should be fine if you're flying back the same day as disembarking.

5 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

All the ports have been pretty close to town, but it's a bit blurred now. They did offer shuttles in Mykonos today so I think it would be standard for them to do so if needed. I've just packed the Insiders but will try to remember to check when home. 

No problem - unusual for them to offer them in Mykonos so they are obviously looking at ways to keep guests in a bubble rather than using local cabs or buses.  We used to walk it in and back to try and work off Mosaic errors of my way 🙂  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Yes, they took place yesterday before they let us off in Santorini. If you scroll back through the thread a bit, you'll see the information letter setting it out, and more recently an edited copy of the test results letter. 

The thing to watch out for is if you have to take the test within a certain period. Should be fine if you're flying back the same day as disembarking.

Thank you!  We are flying out the same day, so we should be fine.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Georgeven said:

@Huntingdon1701 

Thanks again for sharing your cruise and impressions with us (on the other side of the screen). It has been informative and rich so I can prepare for our sailing in one week time (happy dance again). Safe travels back home 🙂

You'll love it. Hope your journey out goes well.

14 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Thank you!  We are flying out the same day, so we should be fine.

And a huge thank you as well for the great work in sharing all this wonderful information.  We are on the Pursuit, Jan 3, out of Cape Town.  Very excited.  Our first time on Azamara.  We booked it on a Celebrity cruise something like a century ago 🙂  

Edited by capsplace
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

You'll love it. Hope your journey out goes well.

Thank you for all of your updates.  So interesting to read your words since you were the first to embark on Quest since we disembarked on March 14th in the last group of maybe 20 pax to sail her.  Never in a million years would I have thought it would be over 17 months until pax would be welcomed again.

Once more, thanks a bunch!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, silkismom said:

We are on the Quest LIS-MIA in Nov, don't suppose anyone said whether it will go or not??

I've been given the impression, from the future cruise presentation, that everything that hasn't already been announced as cancelled is planned to go ahead. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

And a huge thank you as well for the great work in sharing all this wonderful information.  We are on the Pursuit, Jan 3, out of Cape Town.  Very excited.  Our first time on Azamara.  We booked it on a Celebrity cruise something like a century ago 🙂  

Nice. All things being well, I'm sailing out of Cape Town on 2nd Jan with Norwegian Jade. The itineraries there look fantastic. 

• Like 1

Huntington,

Thank you for taking the time to answer all our questions. I hope you don't mind a few more as I know you'll be disembarking soon. I hope that goes well for you. With the excursion to the Palace of Knosos, had you purchased the palace and museum package. I noted that you indicated going in the Museum. We received notice that they had cancelled the museum and Palace tour for our booking. I've replaced it with the Palace and town tour but was just wondering. The other question was about the form for coming back into Piraeus port. We need to do an addition locator form is that correct? Thanks again and hope your next cruise in January goes well! Safe journey to your home. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I echo others when I say how much I have appreciated and enjoyed your posts. One more question - was the library open - with books lol?

It was, and it's the first ship library where I've found books I wanted to borrow. A good selection of fact and fiction. 

• Like 3