Onboard Quest's first cruise

Huntingdon1701

4 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

That would make sense. The other side is Windows Cafe, so I'm wondering if Aqualina has been converted for extra space. 

The the Specialities are one floor above Windows but Phil is probably correct about the combined menus.

3 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

I confused decks. I'll pop back up and check when I'm back. 

I would definitely recommend trying to go there one evening if you have time. There's a $30 per person cover charge, but if you are up for the food in a quieter, more intimate and attentive service restaurant I think you'd enjoy. 

Phil 

• Like 3

Back from first excursion - Ancient Kourion and Kolossi Castle. 

Gather in the Cabaret Lounge where they give you the sticker and then head as a group to the gangway and coach. Free bottles of water were given out. 

Masks had to be worn at every point of the excursion. Sunglasses kept steaming up as a result. There may be some gadgets you can buy to help. 

You were asked to take proof of vaccination status, although no-one checked it any point. 

Everywhere we visited was quite quiet which meant good views. It is hot at the moment by London standards, so I lurked in the shade a lot. The Texans seemed happy. 

Not a long tour but enjoyable. Does include a few steps although most are optional - climbing the castle's spiral staircase, for instance. 

I did find having been to the port talk the day before really added to the trip. 

IMG_20210830_122336.jpg

IMG_20210830_085228.jpg

IMG_20210830_094916.jpg

IMG_20210830_095524.jpg

IMG_20210830_100855.jpg

IMG_20210830_112859.jpg

IMG_20210830_113159.jpg

IMG_20210830_114050.jpg

IMG_20210830_114651.jpg

Edited by Huntingdon1701
  • Like 5

The Living Room offers 'grab and go' food for lunch, which they're presenting as a Covid adaptation. It's somewhat limited with today's offering being a hot sausage roll, hot sandwich, or hot chowder.

Definitely snack size rather than full meal, but the sausage roll is one of the best I've eaten. 

IMG_20210830_131515.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

The Living Room offers 'grab and go' food for lunch, which they're presenting as a Covid adaptation. It's somewhat limited with today's offering being a hot sausage roll, hot sandwich, or hot chowder.

Definitely snack size rather than full meal, but the sausage roll is one of the best I've eaten. 

IMG_20210830_131515.jpg

Thank you for your detailed live from. I'm enjoying it greatly.

But I have to ask, is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking when I see that picture? 😬

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

Looks a good idea even if choice is limited, we can grab and take back outside to enjoy.  Maybe limited choice supplemented by my usual interactions at Mosaic would keep me going if I was onboard (and stop me eating way too much each day)

• Haha 1

Thank you, Huntingdon1701, for these posts!  It's interesting to see a maximum of 16 guests noted for Trivia in the Den.  We grew fond of that activity on our last Azamara cruise, soliciting advice and clues from the bartender who was always friendly, sometimes funny, and occasionally correct 🙂. Following your comments with pleasure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Forgot to mention, they're currently using regular paper menus in the dining room but gave us a card with a QR code and a short questionnaire on whether we'd use it. They've adapted their onboard internet so you can just connect for QR codes. 

We were recently on Celebrity Silhouette. I found I was unable to use the app to order my food, as it didn’t have the dietary symbols included, so I had to ask for a paper menu.

Does the Azamara app include these symbols?

Thank you, Huntingdon1701, for these posts!   We are not booked until next July unfortunately but your are reminding me what we have to look forward to.  Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you.  I wish I was aboard now to enjoy all you are showing us.  I love the Mosaic Cafe and would often spend time there on sea afternoons with a cappuccino and biscotti.  Is the Windows Buffet open for use and if so are crew serving or are passengers getting their own food?

Hope you are having a fantastic time - your posts are much appreciated.  We are all living vicariously through them!  😍

• Like 3

Thank you so much all who replied- I will of course have travel insurance, I just wondered if it was compulsory, like Cunard. Having been caught out without travel insurance once before, and then run over by a taxi in DXB I have no wish to repeat the experience. Many insurers will not cover covid related costs so wondered where Azamara stood on this.  Great to see what's happening onboard- love the idea of an airport codes quiz ! So looking forward to this- keep it up please Huntingdon1701 ! 

PS>. I would be really interested in seeing which wines they are serving at the moment...??

Edited by QM2 fan
Addition
  • Like 1

Happy Birthday Huntingdon 1701 - you are giving US the best gift - taking us along on your adventure.

Wish Azamara would see this and comp you some internet minute since you are doing such a great advertising blog for them!

Is White Nights still a go on your sailing? In room movies?  Complimentary or fee?

Thank you again for taking your time to help us - Enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Thanks so much for your postings! I see that there was a Chef’s Table. Can you find out if they socially distanced the guests? Usually it is one big table of 10.

And happy birthday!!

Maybe they're using Aqualina in its entirety for the Chef's table, in order to space guests out

• Like 2

“Masks had to be worn at every point of the excursion. Sunglasses kept steaming up as a result. There may be some gadgets you can buy to help.”

A simple and inexpensive, yet effective, hack for fogging glasses seems to be the placement of a folded tissue underneath your mask.

I, too, second all of the comments expressing appreciation for your “live from” postings, allowing all of us the privilege of cruising vicariously with you. Much appreciated, and safe travels!

• Like 1

Thank you so very much for your detailed, informative report. We are scheduled for the Western Med cruise on the Quest October 28. Depending, I suppose, on what the EU member countries decide to do about nonessential travel from the US. I am especially interested in how you feel about the COVID-19 precautions on the cruise and whether you feel safe or anxious. I’m hoping there is strict adherence to masking and social distancing rules for all, especially on excursions.  

• Like 2

Happy Belated Birthday Huntingdon 1701 🎂 !

Thank you so much for allowing us to share your cruise experience..The Pictures are great !

we can't wait to get onboard next year, your information really helps, so looking forward to our first Azamara adventure.

Enjoy !😀

• Like 2

Thanks, looks like the new guys have their act together.  you said the ship was not fully booked.  Could you make a guess as to percent occupied based on what you are seeing in the dining room and cabaret. Enjoy, rest, and do not eat too many eclairs.  

• Haha 1

Happy Birthday Huntingdon1701.

Cake and room decoration has been an Azamara tradition for birthdays and anniversaries at least as long as we have been cruising with them.

Thanks for your informative posts and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 2