Updated drink package information

potchak

On 8/31/2021 at 9:27 AM, lcand1923 said:

Evilmuffin, Look at the wines included in both of the packages.  I, too, am a solo cruiser and tend to eat at the Lido and/or in my cabin.  I did the Elite Package one time and found the cost was not justified.  The SBP worked very well for me.  I, personally, would never cruise without it.

I’m unfamiliar with the acronym SBP, would you please define it. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Unlvswezel said:

Has anyone experienced upgrading from Signature to Elite while on board? I called HAL to upgrade before my trip in 3 weeks and was told no upgrading allowed, not early and not on ship. I thought i read someone was able to upgrade prior to boarding but i cant seem to find the post. Any insight?

If you have the signature bev. package as part of your included "perks" then you can't upgrade till you are on the ship....  it costs more than just the stated price difference, since you received it as an included perk, they don't give it the same value...  I think it's aprox. $15 USD pp, per day to upgrade.   Yes, you can do it.   

hope this helps 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, recruiter 28 said:

We were on the Rotterdam VII TA and had the signature beverage package.   We ordered freshly squeezed oj everyday and it was covered on the package. However, on day 12 we were suddenly charged for it. We were told it was not covered!  Beware all future cruisers...we were not happy.

I don’t blame you one bit.  It should have been covered.  It’s under $11 - I would email HAL about your final bill and demand it be removed or provide an explanation.  

I’m big on principles.  I don’t mind paying but not for what I shouldn’t have to pay for 😉 

4 hours ago, Unlvswezel said:

Has anyone experienced upgrading from Signature to Elite while on board? I called HAL to upgrade before my trip in 3 weeks and was told no upgrading allowed, not early and not on ship. I thought i read someone was able to upgrade prior to boarding but i cant seem to find the post. Any insight?

Yes, lots of people have reported being able to upgrade to Elite once you are on board.  You can’t do it before.  

Just go to a bar and request and do NOT order a drink on the SPB until you get it done.  Hope this helps 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/30/2021 at 4:08 PM, potchak said:

So in case there is any confusion, when Holland started cruising again in July 2021, the drink package has been updated to be 15 of any kind of beverage. You will be charged if you go over 15 drinks of any type (alcoholic or not). I personally think this is ridiculous as most people do not start with alcoholic beverages and therefore their cheapest drinks will be earlier in the day and therefore they charge you for the more expensive beverages after you hit 15. I was pissed when I found this out. 

I’m glad someone told to me check this forum.

i, too, am beyond angry. I leave in two weeks. I take meds at least 4x daily with white soda. Im screwed. 
And what’s worse? The PCC never told me this, in fact, even 1/2 hr ago she said this was always like this. I hate corporations that are not transparent.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RealtorladyWI said:

I’m glad someone told to me check this forum.

i, too, am beyond angry. I leave in two weeks. I take meds at least 4x daily with white soda. Im screwed. 
And what’s worse? The PCC never told me this, in fact, even 1/2 hr ago she said this was always like this. I hate corporations that are not transparent.

So, 4 times a day you'll have a soda. That leaves you 11 other beverages to enjoy throughout the day.

I'm not sure, in which way are you "screwed"?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Things change rapidly.  Just a couple things that have changed since November 2021 until now on the koningsdam:

1) internet went from $99 to $169 on the koningsdam 

2) they have cut out any discounts on the cost extra items in specialty restaurants for high star Mariners 

3) the canned water is now in a pop can not a screw top.  Open it up and you are committed.

There is probably more.  That’s life.  They are a business.  I have, have it all on this cruise.  Try as I might I’ve never gone over about 5-6 drinks, most is Perrier or coffee.   I’m sorry, I’ve never heard of meds you take with soda.  I’m not doubting, I’ve just never heard.

2 hours ago, RealtorladyWI said:

The package was unlimited non alcoholic drinks. I received no notification when this changed. I drink more than 15 times during a day.

yes I’m screwed. Don’t like my post? Move along 

You are totally screwed.... time to cancel, and move on to Carnival!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RealtorladyWI said:

The package was unlimited non alcoholic drinks. I received no notification when this changed. I drink more than 15 times during a day.

yes I’m screwed. Don’t like my post? Move along 

You still can have all the tea and coffee you want, and milk and juice at breakfast.  The tap water is just fine to drink.  I can’t imagine how anyone could drink 15 beverages a day, when you factor in the other stuff.  

It’s not that I don’t like your post, but maybe you didn’t know about water/tea/coffee/milk and juice being available? 

57 minutes ago, ScoutDiver said:

The latest version of the FAQ on the HAL sight says that the quench and the signature packages include unlimited non alcoholic drinks(not 15).

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/faq.shipboard-life.what-are-my-beverage-package-options.html

I also noticed the FAQ earlier today and I most definitely plan on using this link, along with some of the other images I've collected from this thread and the attached most recent beverage package brochure as ammunition if I end up arguing with a bartender, beverage manager or someone at guest services over this. 

I read a post on Facebook earlier today from someone who said they had sailed a few weeks ago and were told onboard that if they were upgrading to Elite from the HIA Signature that the unlimited non-alcohol drinks does not apply in this case and they would count towards the 15 limit.  Do the staff just come up with this stuff on the fly?  How is it that this can be so messed up and confusing such that not even the ship's staff obviously know what the real policy is.  I guess we can't blame them if you can't even figure it out from their website.

We sail in 3 weeks and will be very upset if we are told that waters, coffees and sodas will count towards the 15 drinks.  This is our first HAL sailing.....we generally sail Celebrity and when it comes to drink packages, they knock it out of the stadium.

1968873714_071521-BeveragePackage.pdf

7 minutes ago, DC1andDC2 said:

I also noticed the FAQ earlier today and I most definitely plan on using this link, along with some of the other images I've collected from this thread and the attached most recent beverage package brochure as ammunition if I end up arguing with a bartender, beverage manager or someone at guest services over this. 

I read a post on Facebook earlier today from someone who said they had sailed a few weeks ago and were told onboard that if they were upgrading to Elite from the HIA Signature that the unlimited non-alcohol drinks does not apply in this case and they would count towards the 15 limit.  Do the staff just come up with this stuff on the fly?  How is it that this can be so messed up and confusing such that not even the ship's staff obviously know what the real policy is.  I guess we can't blame them if you can't even figure it out from their website.

We sail in 3 weeks and will be very upset if we are told that waters, coffees and sodas will count towards the 15 drinks.  This is our first HAL sailing.....we generally sail Celebrity and when it comes to drink packages, they knock it out of the stadium.

1968873714_071521-BeveragePackage.pdf 1.19 MB · 0 downloads

Deleted!

Edited by Laminator

On 11/12/2021 at 3:46 PM, esimon said:

wish the drink packages were less expensive - We enjoy drinking on Vaca but we can't drink enough to make it worth the price 

I'm with you.  I enjoy a wee dram or two in the evening and that's it.  There's free coffee and tea available most anytime somewhere on the ship.  Tap water works just fine for me and "saves the waves" by not using a plastic water bottle.

9 hours ago, DC1andDC2 said:

1968873714_071521-BeveragePackage.pdf 1.19 MB · 13 downloads

The attachment you provided clearly states the 15 beverage limit and that this includes soft drinks and coffee and .....

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

I'm with you.  I enjoy a wee dram or two in the evening and that's it.  There's free coffee and tea available most anytime somewhere on the ship.  Tap water works just fine for me and "saves the waves" by not using a plastic water bottle.

I don’t think there has been any plastic water bottles aboard since the restart.  Everything in metal or glass.  I’m not a drinker either but if the price is right I do pick up on the have it all.  It’s nice not to worry about the cost of having a drink (booze or not) when the mood strikes.

I'll be sailing with HAL for the first time on Zuiderdam to Alaska in just over a month, and they're offering an 'Unlimited Coca-Cola Package' that mentions something about a specialty cup to be used in conjunction with the promotion - does this mean that you have to use the cup, or just that you can use the cup? 

15 minutes ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I'll be sailing with HAL for the first time on Zuiderdam to Alaska in just over a month, and they're offering an 'Unlimited Coca-Cola Package' that mentions something about a specialty cup to be used in conjunction with the promotion - does this mean that you have to use the cup, or just that you can use the cup? 

I am pretty certain you have to use the cup, or how else could they control it?