The Daily for Friday September 03, 2021

richwmn

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

September 3, 2016 was a day for unadventurous eating on the Crystal Serenity.  All my choices were from the "Crystal Classics" section of the menu and the "Traditional Main Fare" is kind of a rotation of the "Always Available" principle:

https://aroundamericabitbybit.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/menu0903.pdf

My alternative menu suggestion is Oxtail Consume, Grilled Chicken Breast, Duchess Potatoes, Broccoli, and Rum Raisin Ice Cream.  I noted that day that there is a standard to the Traditional Main Fare selections but there is a variation in the plating and sides included. 

2chicken.jpg

The bottom half of the photo is the dish I had September 2 while the top one is the same dish a week or so earlier.

Roy

2 nice meals Roy.

I think the bottom picture meal looks the best.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh dear Anne 😱  I hope your DD fails the test 🤞 You are wise to be cautious until the results come in.  Prayers that you all don’t have to deal with  covid 🙏🏻 

I would say I hope she passes the test but for both of us it means a negative test.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all, an interesting day and weekend coming up.  DD who lives with us has not been feeling well, and the doctor decreed she go and get tested, so she has an appointment for 4 this afternoon.  Results should be back in 24 hours, but I'm not sure if that will mean Saturday, or perhaps Tuesday!  One test we are hoping she fails....  She can't think of anywhere she might have picked up a bug as she is religious about wearing a mask, but did have to take it off at the periodontist last week.  

Praying for a good outcome for your DD's test.

• Like 6

Mother Nature certainly isn't being kind. Sad to read of all the flooding on the East coast and then no rain near Seattle. We have not had more than 5 minutes of moisture since early June. The most dramatic scene is Mt. Rainier with almost no snow. Have never seen it that bare.

There is one other test you want to fail-when you have a test to see if your eyelids droop enough to have insurance cover having them fixed. 🙂

Have a safe weekend everyone.

• Like 14

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh dear Anne 😱  I hope your DD fails the test 🤞 You are wise to be cautious until the results come in.  Prayers that you all don’t have to deal with  covid 🙏🏻 

Jacqui, I don't know how I missed your post earlier.  Thanks for the good wishes.  DD has gone off for her test, no food or drink for an hour before, and she will be doing a "gargle test", I don't know why.  Maybe if she gets a positive she will have to do a swab test.  BC is evidently doing genome testing on all positives, and 98% are Delta.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Jacqui, I don't know how I missed your post earlier.  Thanks for the good wishes.

Don’t even give it a second thought Anne.  I know you have a full plate 😔 

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

DD has gone off for her test, no food or drink for an hour before, and she will be doing a "gargle test", I don't know why.  Maybe if she gets a positive she will have to do a swab test.  BC is evidently doing genome testing on all positives, and 98% are Delta.

Sadly I’m not surprised on the Delta results.  Good luck to your DD.  I hope she does well / fails whichever term you like - just be negative.  At least you are all vaccinated so hopefully there will not be severe symptoms if that’s not the case 🤞 🙏🏻 

• Like 6

@mamaofami so glad you are feeling better today. 

@Vict0riannhoping for good news on your DD.

@irishjim most definitely hoping for a good outcome for you!

I may have taken National Lazy Mom's Day a little seriously today...by noon at the office, I'd decided that I was running out of gas.  I wrapped up the reports I needed to finish, emailed them off and headed out the door by 2:30.  I just couldn't bear sitting in the office with the sun shining.

I'd already warned my husband that I was coming home early and to please wipe down all the deck furniture.  By 3:15pm, it was me, feet up, with a new book, cheese plate and a glass of crisp chardonnay sitting in the sun.  Stayed out there and barely moved for three hours...lazy as can be.  It was glorious!

• Like 10

Good evening,

Been off for a few days.  Working on new ports and itinerary and flights for our Sept. 12 cruise. What a process getting everything together.  

Interesting set of days today...isn't every day Mom's day!!  LOL.  Should be.

Prayers to all on the care list.  Thank you Roy and Rich for your dedication to all of this.  Kazu...your pictures are always great.  Appreciate everyone who takes time to post.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend of packing !!

Stay well and safe.

• Like 8

We have another pleasant sunny spring day, temperature 19 C.

Thanks for all the daily news, photos and humour.  Food banks are very important in our communities.

@jam379pleased that your DH is feeling better.

@irishjimsending best wishes for a great outcome from your upcoming surgery.

@Vict0riann hope that your DD tests negative today.

@CrabbyPattigood news  with your negative test, hope that your DH will also be negative.

The PM and  the  Police Commissioner  have just given an update on the  terrorist attack in an Auckland supermarket yesterday afternoon.  There were 7 people injured.  5 are in hospital,  3 in a critical condition and 2 were treated and discharged home.  The terrorist who was under 24/7 surveillance, was shot dead at the scene by the police.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

More good news!  Hubby was also negative!  We will continue to be cautious and keep ourselves isolated until we are sure we are in the clear.  Son will have to test negative before he returns to work!

Hope all of you sailing this weekend have a great time!

Denise

• Like 9

1 hour ago, CrabbyPatti said:

More good news!  Hubby was also negative!  We will continue to be cautious and keep ourselves isolated until we are sure we are in the clear.  Son will have to test negative before he returns to work!

Hope all of you sailing this weekend have a great time!

Denise

Denise, great news that your DH tested negative.  Hope your DS test negative soon.

Lenda

• Like 2

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

We have another pleasant sunny spring day, temperature 19 C.

Thanks for all the daily news, photos and humour.  Food banks are very important in our communities.

@jam379pleased that your DH is feeling better.

@irishjimsending best wishes for a great outcome from your upcoming surgery.

@Vict0riann hope that your DD tests negative today.

@CrabbyPattigood news  with your negative test, hope that your DH will also be negative.

The PM and  the  Police Commissioner  have just given an update on the  terrorist attack in an Auckland supermarket yesterday afternoon.  There were 7 people injured.  5 are in hospital,  3 in a critical condition and 2 were treated and discharged home.  The terrorist who was under 24/7 surveillance, was shot dead at the scene by the police.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Such horrible news about the terrorist attack.  Hope everyone recovers.

The world 🌎 has become such a craxy place.  

Lenda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, msmayor said:

@mamaofami so glad you are feeling better today. 

@Vict0riannhoping for good news on your DD.

@irishjim most definitely hoping for a good outcome for you!

I may have taken National Lazy Mom's Day a little seriously today...by noon at the office, I'd decided that I was running out of gas.  I wrapped up the reports I needed to finish, emailed them off and headed out the door by 2:30.  I just couldn't bear sitting in the office with the sun shining.

I'd already warned my husband that I was coming home early and to please wipe down all the deck furniture.  By 3:15pm, it was me, feet up, with a new book, cheese plate and a glass of crisp chardonnay sitting in the sun.  Stayed out there and barely moved for three hours...lazy as can be.  It was glorious!

Good for you.  Everyone needs time to just chill and relax.

Lenda 

• Like 2