The Daily for Friday September 03, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, irishjim said:

Roy thank you for adding me to your care list.Just want to say my ear cancer is not a melanoma but a Squmous C cell Jim,

That is certainly a better deal Jim. Squamous cells are much easier to treat than melanomas and far less dangerous.

Edited by jimgev
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all, an interesting day and weekend coming up.  DD who lives with us has not been feeling well, and the doctor decreed she go and get tested, so she has an appointment for 4 this afternoon.  Results should be back in 24 hours, but I'm not sure if that will mean Saturday, or perhaps Tuesday!  One test we are hoping she fails....  She can't think of anywhere she might have picked up a bug as she is religious about wearing a mask, but did have to take it off at the periodontist last week.  

Anyway, we have cancelled all our activities for a few days, too, until we know what is going on with her.   I had planned to do some grocery shopping, but will try to put it off.  The only thing I am really low on is milk, I may have to ask a neighbour to pick some up for us, if they are going out.   Or I may just have to go without.  Or make up a list and get things delivered.  That might be better, I think I will stay very quiet about this until we know what it is.

@kazu and @richwmn, our Eurodam itinerary has evidently been changed for the October 18 cruise, too.  I just can't access it on my computer.  

I too hope she fails this test. I pray the results are negative and that you find out tomorrow so you don't have to wonder all the long weekend.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

I too hope she fails this test. I pray the results are negative and that you find out tomorrow so you don't have to wonder all the long weekend.

Thank you, Julia - BTW, I see you got your signature organized!😀

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I'm not a fan of skyscrapers, I'm more of a country boy.  I'll pass on today's meal suggestion which I'm sure will not surprise @dfish.  I tried to post earlier but CC isn't working correctly on the iPad today.  @kazuwe have the same problem with politicians down here.  Yesterday I did manage to watch the ABBA event and am pleased with their two new singles and already ordered their upcoming cd.  I hope that everyone has a nice Friday.  

• Like 19

Somehow I missed posting yesterday, but did read each post.  Prayers to all in need and cheers for those celebrating.

On Wednesday, we had a slow steady rain all day which resulted in .76" of moisture on our parched area.  Quite unlike where everyone has been dealing with IDA.  Our moisture came from Hurricane Nora off the Mexican coast.  We could use more of that type of moisture as long as there isn't a bad hit for those closer!!

Got my post cruise COVID test results yesterday and they were negative.  Hope all tests for others are the same result.  One test I don't mind "failing".  I simply did the test as a pre-caution after travel.  Would never have thought of such things before the current situation.  I am seriously re-thinking my January Hawaii trip and then Zuiderdam cruise.  I still have another month before final payment on the cruise, so will see how things are going at that time.

I join others in not loving skyscrapers--or at least being up in them!  I'll celebrate the good works the Food Bank are doing,  especially during the current pandemic.  I will join my step-daughter later this month in working at the pantry at her church.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

• Like 21

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday from the Nieuw Amsterdam!  I had problems with CC yesterday afternoon and this morning and couldn’t post these pictures so I’ll try again. CC has been wonky onboard. I keep getting all the posts on the page as part of my post, very weird. I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix it, even shutting down my iPhone. 

4C051525-9F3F-45C4-BA01-45B7CDC79376.thumb.jpeg.881bc958c9c74452dde4a33bb4688578.jpeg

I love the pajamas from Little Blue House. 

Today we are at sea and it’s a bit bumpy. I forgot to take my Dramamine last night so I’m a bit off today. 

DAB4BF53-AA7B-49F9-9D17-DC7653B53CC5.thumb.jpeg.b16327d31b76d7e0ddc5ebc18d6fd8a1.jpeg

Dinner last night:  Filet and shrimp, Duck, Tiramisu, Chocolate Cake 

1C7A8F5C-A0FF-4D76-B4F3-06D444B344FB.thumb.jpeg.2ad3e12025259b7fcddf32a6dca88ac5.jpeg

FCD5DAE9-5F5C-458B-93DF-98BF1C76DF84.thumb.jpeg.28fc948fb4b8d6187f42eaeb2061be48.jpeg

FF8D576B-ACCE-4342-867E-EAD2B7C6D320.thumb.jpeg.d6c784b7df471c6550d24b52c436a292.jpeg

0FD619FA-3442-4246-ABDF-48203416BE3F.thumb.jpeg.042ed9bf9f453e25bb2dd110b00c6aab.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday from the Nieuw Amsterdam!  I had problems with CC yesterday afternoon and this morning and couldn’t post these pictures so I’ll try again. CC has been wonky onboard. I keep getting all the posts on the page as part of my post, very weird. I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix it, even shutting down my iPhone. 

4C051525-9F3F-45C4-BA01-45B7CDC79376.thumb.jpeg.881bc958c9c74452dde4a33bb4688578.jpeg

I love the pajamas from Little Blue House. 

Today we are at sea and it’s a bit bumpy. I forgot to take my Dramamine last night so I’m a bit off today. 

DAB4BF53-AA7B-49F9-9D17-DC7653B53CC5.thumb.jpeg.b16327d31b76d7e0ddc5ebc18d6fd8a1.jpeg

Dinner last night:  Filet and shrimp, Duck, Tiramisu, Chocolate Cake 

1C7A8F5C-A0FF-4D76-B4F3-06D444B344FB.thumb.jpeg.2ad3e12025259b7fcddf32a6dca88ac5.jpeg

FCD5DAE9-5F5C-458B-93DF-98BF1C76DF84.thumb.jpeg.28fc948fb4b8d6187f42eaeb2061be48.jpeg

FF8D576B-ACCE-4342-867E-EAD2B7C6D320.thumb.jpeg.d6c784b7df471c6550d24b52c436a292.jpeg

0FD619FA-3442-4246-ABDF-48203416BE3F.thumb.jpeg.042ed9bf9f453e25bb2dd110b00c6aab.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

Food looks delicious.

Sorry to hear the sea is a bit bumpy and you are feeling unwell.

A cabin steward told me he ate Green apples to combat seasickness.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Somehow I missed posting yesterday, but did read each post.  Prayers to all in need and cheers for those celebrating.

On Wednesday, we had a slow steady rain all day which resulted in .76" of moisture on our parched area.  Quite unlike where everyone has been dealing with IDA.  Our moisture came from Hurricane Nora off the Mexican coast.  We could use more of that type of moisture as long as there isn't a bad hit for those closer!!

Got my post cruise COVID test results yesterday and they were negative.  Hope all tests for others are the same result.  One test I don't mind "failing".  I simply did the test as a pre-caution after travel.  Would never have thought of such things before the current situation.  I am seriously re-thinking my January Hawaii trip and then Zuiderdam cruise.  I still have another month before final payment on the cruise, so will see how things are going at that time.

I join others in not loving skyscrapers--or at least being up in them!  I'll celebrate the good works the Food Bank are doing,  especially during the current pandemic.  I will join my step-daughter later this month in working at the pantry at her church.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

So happy you got rain, and the slow, soaking kind.  Great news that you post-cruise test came back negative.  It shows that the measures being taken and all being vaccinated are working, at least on the ships.

Just another wrinkle to add to the thoughts about cruises after December 31.  I just checked HAL for January and February cruises, and they are not showing as vacinnated crusies like all the ones in Novemeber and December.  If they aren't vaccincated cruises, that is a deal breaker for us.   Why take uncessary chances? 

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone!

Good news to report.  My Covid test was NEGATIVE!  Still waiting to hear on hubby's results.  My son is feeling better, his symptoms have been "just like a bad cold"  he did loose taste and smell but he says it is starting to come back.  He has been isolating in his room and wearing a mask when he comes out to protect us (even eats in his room)  We had all been vaccinated.  We will continue to isolate and not go to see the folks or grandkids for at least a couple of weeks (will monitor the situation).

@Vict0riann  I hope your daughter tests negative!

Thank you all for the kind thoughts and concerns for us.  Those of you leaving for cruises this week, please keep posting pictures!  I love seeing them!

Take care everyone and stay safe.

Denise

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Food looks delicious.

Sorry to hear the sea is a bit bumpy and you are feeling unwell.

A cabin steward told me he ate Green apples to combat seasickness.

Take care.

Graham.

And dry crackers.  Between the 2 of them, they have helped DH.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I just checked HAL for January and February cruises, and they are not showing as vacinnated crusies like all the ones in Novemeber and December.  If they aren't vaccincated cruises, that is a deal breaker for us.   Why take uncessary chances? 

Yikes 😱. Hopefully that changes down the road?

This thing is not disappearing on January 1st as much as we would all like it to.

I have a Norway / British Isles cruise booked in May.  Not sure they would want us if we had unvaccinated passengers.  Nor am I sure I would want to be on the ship.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Morning Everyone!

Good news to report.  My Covid test was NEGATIVE!  Still waiting to hear on hubby's results.  My son is feeling better, his symptoms have been "just like a bad cold"  he did loose taste and smell but he says it is starting to come back.  He has been isolating in his room and wearing a mask when he comes out to protect us (even eats in his room)  We had all been vaccinated.  We will continue to isolate and not go to see the folks or grandkids for at least a couple of weeks (will monitor the situation).

Thank you all for the kind thoughts and concerns for us.  Those of you leaving for cruises this week, please keep posting pictures!  I love seeing them!

Denise

Wonderful news! Prayers that your DH has negative results too. 🙂  

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Morning Everyone!

Denise

Thanks, Denise!  And glad you flunked the test!  Our DD said she could smell the peanut butter, a bit!  We have not been isolating from her, we always eat supper together, but she does spend most of her time in her own area.  I don't think we will worry about it too much until we know.  We are all vaccinated, too.

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 12

16 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Just another wrinkle to add to the thoughts about cruises after December 31.  I just checked HAL for January and February cruises, and they are not showing as vacinnated crusies like all the ones in Novemeber and December.  If they aren't vaccincated cruises, that is a deal breaker for us.   Why take uncessary chances? 

Lenda

My cruise is the end of January, so that totally changes the picture for me!  I felt very safe on the NA last week, especially with 100% vaccinated, pre-cruise COVID test, and masks.  Thanks for your update!  (I also have Baltic/TA on Rotterdam in October, 2022 and a Viking River cruise in April, 2022).

My one taste of cruising might have been my only one for a while!

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

My cruise is the end of January, so that totally changes the picture for me!  I felt very safe on the NA last week, especially with 100% vaccinated, pre-cruise COVID test, and masks.  Thanks for your update!  (I also have Baltic/TA on Rotterdam in October, 2022 and a Viking River cruise in April, 2022).

My one taste of cruising might have been my only one for a while!

Our anniversary cruise on August 22nd from Southampton England was fully vaccinated and lateral flow test at the terminal and mask wearing indoors and we felt safe on board.

The ship was at 50% capacity.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good  morning  to  all. It  is  cool  so  far  this  morning and  it  was  very  nice  for  dog  walking.Interesting  days are  noted  and  I  hope  Lazy  Mom's  Day  means mom  gets  a  rest. We  have  been  to  Bordeaux  and  loved  the  overnight  stay  docked  downtown.  However,  I  think this  is  another  port....

The  water  was  pumped  out  of  our  basement  by  our  plumber  late  last  night . The hot  water  heater  was  not  damaged,thank  goodness. My DSIL was bailing  water  almost  all  day but  he  managed  to  get  the vacant  apartment  in  the  basement  dry as  well. We  had  power and  internet at  least but  there  are  many who  are  still  without.

Tana  and  I  will  make  our  PT  visit  later  today and  I  am  hoping  for positive  signs  for  her. There  were  so  many  flooded/abandoned cars  on  our  local  highways  that  people  could  not  travel  very  well.

Hope all goes well on your travels today. A picture of the flooded Major Deagan Parkway was on the front page of the Washington Post this morning. Born and raised in the city I traveled it often back in the day but have never seen it like that - cars submerged 😱. Stay safe. 
I feel sorry for everyone who lost their car in the east coast floods, and those that have burned up out west in the fires. Replacements are hard to find, both new and used, even before this because of shortages due to the pandemic. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Morning Everyone!

Denise

Denise, so glad you test was negative, and hopefully, your DH's test will also be negative.  Glad your DS is feeling better and getting his taste and smell back.  He is very considerate to wear a mask when he is out of his room and to stay there most of the time to protect you.  As hard as it must be, it is also good that you are doing everything to protect your extended family and friends by continuing to isolate.

Lenda

• Like 12

September 3, 2016 was a day for unadventurous eating on the Crystal Serenity.  All my choices were from the "Crystal Classics" section of the menu and the "Traditional Main Fare" is kind of a rotation of the "Always Available" principle:

https://aroundamericabitbybit.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/menu0903.pdf

My alternative menu suggestion is Oxtail Consume, Grilled Chicken Breast, Duchess Potatoes, Broccoli, and Rum Raisin Ice Cream.  I noted that day that there is a standard to the Traditional Main Fare selections but there is a variation in the plating and sides included. 

2chicken.jpg

The bottom half of the photo is the dish I had September 2 while the top one is the same dish a week or so earlier.

Roy

• Like 19