New Carnival testing requirements

oskidunker

Carnival now requiring testing two days in advance, not three per their web site. Celebrity has made no change at this time. 

Effective with sailings as of September 13, 2021, the CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in. 

11 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Carnival now requiring testing two days in advance, not three per their web site. Celebrity has made no change at this time. 

Effective with sailings as of September 13, 2021, the CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in. 

Also... They have plans to deploy new mobile COVID-19 rapid testing facilities at its U.S. homeports for vaccinated travelers who are unable to secure testing before embarkation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Also... They have plans to deploy new mobile COVID-19 rapid testing facilities at its U.S. homeports for vaccinated travelers who are unable to secure testing before embarkation.

I understand that these testing facilities won't be in place until November at the earliest. I don't envy Carnival passengers over the next couple of months.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Are they charging for this?

From the Carnival website:

Carnival will be subsidizing the infrastructure of the mobile testing sites, but the company providing the testing will charge a per-person fee (to be established). Providers will not accept insurance, but you will be provided a receipt should you wish to submit the cost to your insurance carrier. 

50 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Thanks dont really care what Carnival is doing not pertinent to Celebrity.  

It’s not so much what Carnival is doing, is that cruise lines are starting to react to the new CDC guidance for 2-day testing. Princess and HAL have just followed suit. 

• Like 2

Not sure trying to do a cruise these days is worth it with the COVID19 testing requirements and the risk of quarantine if you catch it.

Also, we had a cruise booked from Celebrity and they cancelled it without a good explanation.

• Like 1

Man, I hope they don't change to 2 days prior.  I had trouble making finding an appointment but got one 3 days prior.  We are on the 9/17 Equinox so hopefully they would give more notice if they do change...although they gave 24 hour notice when they implemented it the first time.

My travel agent called Celebrity. They told her no Change AT THIS TIME. Lets hope they do what Carnival is doing and set up testing at the pier the day before as well as day of. My medical provider, Kaiser, can not guarantee a result in 48 hours so thats out. Now I suppose  I will have to pay someone. Ill do it but this will be my last  cruise until all this stuff is gone. 

i feel sorry for those still trying to go to Europe. 

The-two day testing is required, not recommended by the CDC, according to the quote. 

Edited by oskidunker

2 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Thanks dont really care what Carnival is doing not pertinent to Celebrity.  

As CDC guidance tends to have an impact on all cruises out of the US, it's good to see what is happening within other lines. Also, there have been numerous threads on the Celebrity board with posts suggesting that it open a port testing facility, and someone recently commented on the business opportunity for someone willing to take a flyer. Well, now Carnival is going ahead, and it will be interesting to see whether or not Celebrity follows suit. So, while I don't have any general interest in goings on over at Carnival, CDC-related decisions by any cruise line that might see a similar response from Celebrity is of interest. 

As the title is very explicit, I'm surprised that you even bothered to read the thread, let along contribute to it, given your lack of interest. 😇 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

It’s not so much what Carnival is doing, is that cruise lines are starting to react to the new CDC guidance for 2-day testing. Princess and HAL have just followed suit. 

All Carnival brands, so no surprise the others are all falling into line.

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

My travel agent called Celebrity. They told her no Change AT THIS TIME. Lets hope they do what Carnival is doing and set up testing at the pier the day before as well as day of. My medical provider, Kaiser, can not guarantee a result in 48 hours so thats out. Now I suppose  I will have to pay someone. Ill do it but this will be my last  cruise until all this stuff is gone. 

i feel sorry for those still trying to go to Europe. 

The-two day testing is required, not recommended by the CDC, according to the quote. 

I agree.  So Carnival for the most part during August allowed folks to not wear masks and they had more capacity packing in folks.  Basically since the issue with Vista I think they had to move quicker to please the CDC.  Other lines are trying to decide.

I just feel like heck I got the vaccine and I still have to take a test.  I know I could be carrier but

I can get on a plane and sit near lots of folks without a test.  I mean something has to give because

the conversation has switched to testing and how fast and where and when and how.  OMG.

Stores near me have signed saying back to masks and yet folks do not.  Employees say they can't ask for to leave.  I mean really then take the sign down.  

As far as going to Europe, well that is even more of a headache and they really want us to stay home.

58 minutes ago, senior lady said:

just got email from Celebrity.  Starting Sept 13 /21  .... 2 days before boarding either a PCR test or Antigen test

Yes, as expected, Celebrity is following suit. Hopefully those of us flying in from Canada will be able to meet this reduced time line.

6 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I understand that these testing facilities won't be in place until November at the earliest. I don't envy Carnival passengers over the next couple of months.

Ehhh...they also say "You should consider this as a back-up alternative should you not be able to make arrangements". People gripe all the time about slow boarding. Wait until a few thousand people per ship 'couldn't get a test' at home and show up to test on embarkation day. I'll get mine at home....

• Like 3

Did X say it will offer tests at the pier?

I feel bad for those with upcoming cruises,,they sure make it diffucult to plan ahead!  Really twisting folks around.

Glad we'll already by in Fl before our cruise but we will probably have to pay quite a bit to fit into the time frame..  hoping by Jan things wil ease off

Edited by hcat

19 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

Read on Celebrity website that they will offer an option starting Sept 8th to have a kit mailed home so you can test at home.  They do not say what the fee will be yet. 

Yes, 8 September.  For those looking for it -- it's buried a bit in their FAQs, but here's some additional detail about what they're currently saying.  IF they come up with a provider that can actually come even close to 15 minute phone response, it's going to be a game changer for testing for Celebrity cruises for U.S. guests.  No clue what they're going to do for those coming from Canada and elsewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For full vaccinated guests living in the U.S., a home-test kit will be available for purchase on our Website as of Wednesday, September 8, 2021. We are working with an authorized medical provider to be able to offer this option. You will complete your pre-cruise test right at home or at any other place of your choosing with the help of a live video supervision by a Certified Guide.  This test kit will be delivered anywhere in the U.S, within two business days and you will receive validated results in 15 minutes.

Coming Soon: Purchase Your At-Home Test Kit

Starting September 8th, fully vaccinated guests can order at-home test kits, shipped right to your door (anywhere in the U.S.) in two business days or less. Complete your pre-cruise test at home, with live video supervised by a Certified Guide. Get your results in 15 minutes.

More About the Test Kit

The Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test is an FDA-authorized rapid antigen home test that, when combined with eMed Telehealth Service, can be used by fully vaccinated guests to fulfill their pre-cruise test requirement.

Your test kit includes a personal virtual visit with an eMed Certified Guide who will help you properly administer the test and verify the result. Your eMed Labs result report is provided via email and can be printed or displayed on your mobile device on boarding day.

How It Works:

• ORDER YOUR TEST KIT ONLINE: Visit Royal Caribbean’s online storefront, powered by Optum, to order your kit. The test kit ships within the U.S. and arrives in two days or less.
  • TEST FROM HOME: Scan the QR code on your test kit box to start your video visit with a Certified Guide.
  • GET YOUR RESULT: In 15 minutes, you’ll have a verified test result that you can use to board the ship.

Providing Your Results On Departure Day

You will present your negative test result at the terminal upon boarding. Print out your results for easy access, as you may need to present it at various points. We will also accept a valid results document presented on your phone.

If you receive a positive test result on your pre-cruise test, please call us at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide so we may assist with rescheduling your cruise vacation plans.

Edited by canderson

19 hours ago, Fouremco said:

For a lot of reasons I don't envy the Carnival passengers before or after testing at the pier starts in November.  The testing at the pier appears to be intended for passengers that may have had trouble getting their tests back before they board.  It does not appear to be an option that is being designed for all passengers.  OTH Disney is designing a system that will test all passengers at the pier.  

16 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, as expected, Celebrity is following suit. Hopefully those of us flying in from Canada will be able to meet this reduced time line.

I have a Sept 24th cruise and they never even sent me an email with the changed testing requirement!

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Are you keeping the cruise, Tee?

I don't see how we can go now.  Logistics very unfavorable and risky.  A real irritating situation.

Here is a repeat of what I reported about our situation on another thread a few minutes ago. 

We cannot change our flights (again) and we are flying cross- country from Philadelphia.  We were planning on getting tested Tuesday, and getting a rapid result before flying to Seattle early Wed morning for the Friday cruise.   Now we would need to take the test Wed morning but our flight is 9AM so leaving for the airport around 6:30 AM.  Even if we could do a 6AM at home test (is that even possible?) it is a big risk to fly without knowing the result or alternatively test the day before somewhere in Seattle.  If positive then what?  Stranded in Seattle. Sleepless in Seattle.   At least if we cruised on the East coast from FL we could always rent a car and drive home in about a day.  IMO no reason the CDC had to make this change as cruise ships of fully vaccinated people have been just fine even with Delta around for months.  A few positives here and there.  So irritating!

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 1