Parking for Back to Back Cruise Out of Galveston - Don't Want to Leave Ship to Renew Parking. Hotels That Include Parking?

julesbeara

Need to park in Galveston from October 6th to October 20th for Back to Back on Independence.  Where can we park and not need to leave the ship to renew the parking for the 2nd leg.  1st cruise is 10/6 to 10/15, 2nd cruise is 10/15 to 10/20.  I'm open to a hotel that includes parking at their facilities while we cruise.

Edited by julesbeara

• julesbeara changed the title to Parking for Back to Back Cruise Out of Galveston - Don't Want to Leave Ship to Renew Parking. Hotels That Include Parking?

Ezcruiseparking.com and lighthouse you just pay for the cruises while you will be gone.

Like I have a b2b on breeze in oct so I will have to pay the rate for x 2. 

There are some hotels and a bed and breakfast with parking, you would have to call to see about parking longer for free parking. Comfort inn I read, $20 shuttle and some others. 

Generally you just pay for each cruise separate when you prebook. Port same if you book in advance, pay for each leg. 

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

We have done B2B at lighthouse.

Yes ezcruiseparking and lighthouse are the only 2 independents left that have been paying the port throughout covid and can still run shuttles to the port .. at least the last I heard. Both need your business. 

we just back from bck to back on the Independence out of Galveston. We used Lighthouse and they gave us 2 tickets to put on our dash....no problem.....you just book for each week...and sadly, the lot was not nearly full.

Very good to know - we have Lighthouse booked, from Sept.  19 - Oct. 6, for our 3 upcoming cruises on the Independence. Booking the times we needed online on their website was quick and painless, and I was able to email someone from Lighthouse (beforehand) that online booking was the way for me to reserve. 

Prior to Lighthouse, we had just used the Port of Galveston lots. We thought that we would give the independent lots a try, and maybe save a little $$.

• 2 weeks later...

The Inn at the Waterpark allows cruise parking at no charge if you stay there one night before your cruise. There is some covered parking that we have always been able to get.  The hotel offers  shuttles to the port or they can call you a taxi. It is about a $20  taxi fare for 2 from the hotel to the port.  Many other hotels also allow free cruise parking, like Guido's Seaside Inn or Moody Gardens Hotel. But neither have covered parking. 

• 3 weeks later...