MSC Divina Change from 3 day to 7 day

Speasda

Having been on a cruise which had a charter, my guess is that the Salsa people hope to fill the whole ship, (and hype the excitement to their potential customers), so they keep saying it is a full charter, but the reality will be less than full.  Their prices are 3x what non-Salsa people would pay.  There will come a point at which the Salsas have to realize they have not sold every cabin.

Just an educated guess.

1 hour ago, LadySpoilt said:

That will/would have been a problem since we too booked that room for the same reason. And that we would have the same room for our B2B.

We booked it for the Oct 28 cruise in early July, confirmed, but when the itinerary changed to a 7 day the status changed to Guaranty.  So, it is a moot point.

A7529CDF-8E73-455E-8267-45FFBBCEFF55.jpeg

Edited by Seadweller001

I just saw on the FB page that someone just booked this cruise today (7 day itinerary).  I just logged in to my MSC account and it immediately showed up under my bookings and I was assigned a cabin #.  Not the one I originally selected with a larger balcony but it is located pretty close one deck higher.  The itinerary still has Georgetown listed and from what I understand the Cayman Islands are not accepting cruise ships until 2022 so that will change.  I have been on the lookout for the cancellation letter but maybe it is still sailing for us regular passengers not attending the Salsa Charter?  What do you guys think?  I originally booked a 3 night so this is a pretty big change.

7 minutes ago, Jaco5NC said:

I just saw on the FB page that someone just booked this cruise today (7 day itinerary).  I just logged in to my MSC account and it immediately showed up under my bookings and I was assigned a cabin #.  Not the one I originally selected with a larger balcony but it is located pretty close one deck higher.  The itinerary still has Georgetown listed and from what I understand the Cayman Islands are not accepting cruise ships until 2022 so that will change.  I have been on the lookout for the cancellation letter but maybe it is still sailing for us regular passengers not attending the Salsa Charter?  What do you guys think?  I originally booked a 3 night so this is a pretty big change.

I too have now been assigned a room number.  Of course by Deck 8 OV is now on Deck 5 so not comparable, but I guess I did only book 3 days and now getting 7.

4 minutes ago, Jaco5NC said:

Doubt it.  They have all their own big entertainers on board and will not be able to take over the venues? I doubt it, never mind the logistics.

Armonia cruisers on Salsa cruise now on Divina, 

Divina was selling 3 night cruises

Divina was selling 4 night cruises for a total of 7 nights.

MSC started selling 7 night cruises as well for the same dates as it was now a 7 night cruise

All 3 nights got offered 7 for price of 3

All 4 nighters got offered a 7 for price of 4 

A little over a week ago they offered 7 nights as one sailing at a great price 

Many of us grabbed Yacht clubs

We now find out that the YC cabins are at least double booked if not triple booked.

If we are on it, I expect it to be a normal sailing with the group getting venues during the day. At night, regular deck parties, regular music, and so on.

Steve

23 minutes ago, racephoto said:

Well if I wanted to I could book it again, for even less money than I did a week ago. SMH……… BTW, that was for an aft facing balcony on deck 11. I find it pretty unlikely that those cabins weren’t booked already. 

38D7ECEF-5144-4164-B16A-ACBEB9D0D4DC.png

4754239C-ACBD-4C2A-AD9C-8A1E7027B3EF.png

That's the issue. They sold it at the 3 night rate I think.  

How did you bring that up?

I also know its not true because not only myself but 3 others I personally know booked the YC GS and another on this thread also booked it. Thats 5 of us for a Grand suite and with this being a charter, I doubt there would be any YC cabins.

Steve

2 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I also know its not true because not only myself but 3 others I personally know booked the YC GS and another on this thread also booked it. Thats 5 of us for a Grand suite and with this being a charter, I doubt there would be any YC cabins.

Steve

I see it. It can be booked again. LOL   there are 5 YC GS available. 

I just called two people.LOL

STeve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Steve

All three Executive Suites are still available also 😀

13 hours ago, phissy said:

All three Executive Suites are still available also 😀

I just went to book the Executive.  I backed out.  They do not have Balconies😲

Booked 12001 then went back to my Grand suite.  Saved $200 LOL.

So normaly after final no credit for lower price, but since they cancelled my GS, booked me in the ES and I questioned them on the balcony they assured me there was, but after a 10 minute hold they apologized for mis information. Had to cancel ES and rebook GS, so it was a good phone call.

Steve

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

Seems like the only training their poor CS reps get is to keep the string tight between the 2 cans/tins LOL

LOL.

Well...... I heard some gossip, so take it as that. 

Salsa cruise had whole ship on Armonia. 2000 passengers, no Yacht club. Cruise was to be cancelled but option to switch to Divina. Divina holds 3000 and Salsa could not take whole ship so its now being sold to the public. Those booked on 3&4 nights are being moved into 7 nights and Yacht club sold to general public as well as remaining cabins, so MSC makes more money.

If this is true, then Salsa may have an issue as they will not be able to take over evening venues as its not a full charter and how do they monitor who's who?

If ships does allow that then they will have an issue from the general paying public who booked a regular cruise.

I expect we still might get a letter at some point saying a large group is on and you can switch if you want to another sailing, so you can't complain.

27 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

If this is true, then Salsa may have an issue as they will not be able to take over evening venues as its not a full charter and how do they monitor who's who?

If ships does allow that then they will have an issue from the general paying public who booked a regular cruise.

On the chartered ones that I have taken (partial charters and one that was not a charter that had over 300 people) the chartered and group were able to close the venues for their entertainment.  The cruise line provided "reserved for private party " and had someone monitoring the door.  I don't think any of the cruises I referenced were MSC cruises, but other cruise lines)

Edited by LadySpoilt
  • Like 1

I hope they give us an offer for another date.  This sounds a bit too crowded for my family at this time to social distance and all.  Plus all the horror stories coming out of MSC ships in Europe being so lack on the safety protocols.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

I hope they give us an offer for another date.  This sounds a bit too crowded for my family at this time to social distance and all.  Plus all the horror stories coming out of MSC ships in Europe being so lack on the safety protocols.

I have been reading very positive reviews coming from people who just sailed Meraviglia.  They have said they have felt very safe and that MSC was doing a great job.  Reading through the comments have made me feel a little better about the situation.  Of course, they stated they only had around 800 passengers on the recent sailing.  This sailing will have many many more I suspect.

I also just saw that the Salsa Charter's webpage updated the itinerary which now lists the Georgetown port as TBD instead.  MSC still has Georgetown listed but that is not happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the chartered ones that I have taken (partial charters and one that was not a charter that had over 300 people) the chartered and group were able to close the venues for their entertainment.  The cruise line provided "reserved for private party " and had someone monitoring the door.  I don't think any of the cruises I referenced were MSC cruises, but other cruise lines)

The largest lounge where all the evening dancing occurs is the black and white lounge and that only holds 300 people.

I do not see them taking that over every night with the entertainment they have scheduled, never mind the other non salsa passengers having that closed would be a major problem with me.

Only option would be the outside deck.

Steve

Just a rough estimate...it looks like there are a little over 500 cabins left open out of a possible 1751 cabins total on Davina (the 1751 number comes from MSC Davina website)

I’m not sure we can trust that since I read three different people saying they had the same YC cabin. 😞