Just Received my Important Updates from Celebrity

Missymo

The website still has this for US departures... :

"Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests. For sailings on or after September 13, 2021, departing through October 1st, 2021, all vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR or an Antigen test, conducted within two days of boarding the vessel. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs."

So probably time to talk to them for some clarification...

I just looked and it said 2 days prior to sailing. 

For Sailings on or after September 13, 2021 through October 1, 2021:
All vaccinated guests will be required to present a negative Covid-19 PCR or Antigen test taken within two days of embarkation.  

Celebrity will be selling home kits to use starting Sept. 8th.  You can read the details. We would have to use this since we are flying in 2 days early. 

• Like 1

One would think that there would be at least ONE person at X and RCL in charge of overall front facing 'messaging' to assure that content was consistent (and accurate wouldn't hurt) across the various communication platforms.  RCCL really needs to create that position and find someone with some attention to detail to fill it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

One would think that there would be at least ONE person at X and RCL in charge of overall front facing 'messaging' to assure that content was consistent (and accurate wouldn't hurt) across the various communication platforms.  RCCL really needs to create that position and find someone with some attention to detail to fill it.

I couldn't agree more. It's such an obvious shortcoming to anyone who spends any amount of time reading the Celebrity threads, but Celebrity management either hasn't noticed the problem or doesn't really care to fix it. Unlike the IT overhaul, also badly needed, the cost of creating a position to address the problem should not be costly.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, canderson said:

My wife and I were just discussing the very same thing. It’s ridiculous that Celebrity doesn’t have someone who is in charge of all messaging on these subjects, whether by email, on their web site, on the phone, or anything else. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

My wife and I were just discussing the very same thing. It’s ridiculous that Celebrity doesn’t have someone who is in charge of all messaging on these subjects, whether by email, on their web site, on the phone, or anything else. 

Agree, Celebrity doesn't seem to be the company it use to be. I think Covid has done alot of damage to their company in many ways. They need to get it together ☹️

2 hours ago, Missymo said:

Have just opened the email for my upcoming cruise, it definitely states that tests must be taken within a 3 day window. I had to read it twice.  Did they go back to 3 days for PCR and Antigen tests?  53F042ED-82CD-4D50-B772-DBD9D4EE7276_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.0cf5da1e928b120803c2ddc50e11bf8f.jpeg

Same here! 

I wonder what happens if  anyone who receives the wrong 3 day info takes it for fact and presents a 3 day test at the pier?  And so far we have received no info for tests required yet from X and we sail Sept. 26. I just changed our 3 day tests to 2 days yesterday. 

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

Agree, Celebrity doesn't seem to be the company it use to be. I think Covid has done alot of damage to their company in many ways. They need to get it together ☹️

This is the only notification I have received from Celebrity regarding pre testing. .  The majority of the passengers will not be CCers. They will get this email and proceed accordingly with the 3 day timeline. ..  Only the CC passengers, who have discussed this in many forums ,are aware that its been changed to 2 days.. ,this difference could be  problematic at embarkation ..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Missymo said:

Only the CC passengers, who have discussed this in many forums ,are aware that its been changed to 2 days.

Celebrity's fall-back ... it's on our web page.

Really, not much better than asking their customers to come here, but at least it's a corporate site.

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

Celebrity's fall-back ... it's on our web page.

Really, not much better than asking their customers to come here, but at least it's a corporate site.

,   Received an l Email. ,paid in full, why go to their website?  Just saying . . .

Edited by Missymo

12 minutes ago, Missymo said:

,   Received an l Email. ,paid in full, why go to their website?  

Because you don't trust form letters over Covid related updates to the web site. When I spend thousands of dollars on a vacation, I double check everything. Since the pandemic began, I have checked everything even more carefully than before. Changes can, and do, occur after final payment.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 2