Vaccine exemptions?

ScottVan

Regent's web site simply says that vaccines are required for everyone on board -- I couldn't find any mention of medical (or any other) exemptions. Has anyone tried to get a medical exemption, and if so, how did it go? I've perused the forum for a while but didn't find an answer to this. Thanks!

Our daughter was told not to get the vaccine because of medical reasons.  She went to an allergist who did extensive testing and told her if she was going to get vaccinated, to get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.  She will do that this Friday.  She works in a hospital so she will go to get the shot, then go to work, so she will be around a lot of health care…

• Like 1

No children under 12 on board since they can't be vaccinated? Sorry to those that bring kids and grandkids with them,  but I would love to take a Regent cruise with only passengers 12 and over on board. Large family groups with unsupervised children has been the most annoying part of cruising on  Regent for us. We won't go on another summer cruise on Regent because of that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Youngsters from the UK under 16 will be unable to sail on Regent (and some other cruise lines?) as 12-15 year olds will only be offered a single jab/shot/dose of vaccine:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58547659

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58552769

9 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Large family groups with unsupervised children has been the most annoying part of cruising on  Regent for us.

Maybe we have been fortunate, but in all our numerous cruises on Regent ships we have never encountered many children on board or been bothered by them.

8 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Youngsters from the UK under 16 will be unable to sail on Regent (and some other cruise lines?) as 12-15 year olds will only be offered a single jab/shot/dose of vaccine:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58547659

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58552769

Maybe we have been fortunate, but in all our numerous cruises on Regent ships we have never encountered many children on board or been bothered by them.

As someone with limited patience for sometimes misbehaving youngsters, I really don't have a problem with this.  I don't think my husband and I will miss having children around on a luxury cruise.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nonu731 said:

Not having kids under 18 on a cruise is probably a positive for most people on the forum, not a negative. 

I'm sorry to say but I would much prefer it if luxury cruise lines permanently banned kids from travelling. 

You can travel with Viking - they do not allow kids under 18. They do allow kids over 18 though...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pcardad said:

You can travel with Viking - they do not allow kids under 18. They do allow kids over 18 though...

We've been trying to take a Viking River Cruise, but despite having our money for nearly 3 years now, we aren't scheduled to cruise until next May at this point. But I did save 5 percent by paying in full well in advance...

The Viking Ocean ships are larger than any ship that we have cruised on at this point. The HAL Prinsendam at 835 passengers, and totally full for a 2 week holiday cruise was more than we could stand. Luckily, we had a Neptune Suite, which was roomy enough to spend time in, and gave us access to one of their small restaurants for breakfast. We were one and done with HAL since that was their smallest ship, and it left their fleet after we sailed on it.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:36 AM, fizzy said:

Has the special exemption for certain things been removed?  I think it was for medical or religious grounds of some sort with an asterisk in the text.

That's exactly what I was hoping to find, but did not ... any tips on where you might have seen it, so I can track it down? Thank you for the reply!

I hope Regent requires 100% vaccination for ALL  on board with no exceptions.  I see no reason for these exemptions. If Regent were to allow these, we would not consider booking a cruise. We do not understand so-called religious exemptions from vaccine requirements. And as for medical exemptions, we are old and don’t go on many forms of travel because of age limitations. But we don’t ask to be accommodated. We just don’t go.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

I hope Regent requires 100% vaccination for ALL  on board with no exceptions.  I see no reason for these exemptions. If Regent were to allow these, we would not consider booking a cruise. We do not understand so-called religious exemptions from vaccine requirements. And as for medical exemptions, we are old and don’t go on many forms of travel because of age limitations. But we don’t ask to be accommodated. We just don’t go.

Richard you are not going to book anyways so what difference does it make to you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi, all. Like many other cruise (and Regent) fans, we are waiting until matters of requirements, restrictions, and protocols solidify (onboard, on shore, and in the air) before booking. Then we are eager to book and begin cruising again. And we think Regent’s 100% vaccine rule (no exceptions) is a great move in the right direction. But at this moment, there are many unanswered questions with matters that seem to be in a state of flux. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 9:18 PM, Pcardad said:

These are State specific rules. Other states like California are very liberal in their interpretation of what qualifies as "religious" and almost anything goes.  

J