Silhouette and Infinity TA's are cancelled for 2021

Ipeeinthepools

20 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

I suspect they will be cancelling the short 3-day cruise that was to precede  the TA, so that would give them the time they need to go straight into your cruise.

Thank you. I looked on the roll call for that 3 day cruise and the changed Bruges for the UK but that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen. Fortunately if the 12th November does not sail I can change my flights without penalty as I don't expect Celebrity to refund air. 

51 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Thank you. I looked on the roll call for that 3 day cruise and the changed Bruges for the UK but that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen. Fortunately if the 12th November does not sail I can change my flights without penalty as I don't expect Celebrity to refund air. 

I do expect them to refund air if I booked flights through them and they cancel or significantly alter the cruise dates.  Just as an FYI, we booked air through them last March for our Reflection cruise that was cancelled three days in.  Not only did they find us new flights but eventually also refunded our air (we got a full refund for the cruise).  Made me fully appreciate the benefit of booking air through them, even for "simple" Florida trips. 

• Like 1

I feel very sorry for the folks booked on the Silhouette TA; I'm sure they were really looking forward to it.  (We've had two wonderful TAs on the Silhouette.)   If the reason for the cancellation was indeed the 14-day "ship quarantine," I do hope Celebrity quickly announces where those other 2 days will come from, for the sake of those booked on the possibly affected cruises.  I agree with others above that the 3-day UK cruise scheduled just prior to the TA would be a good candidate (apologies to those affected).   

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

I feel very sorry for the folks booked on the Silhouette TA; I'm sure they were really looking forward to it.  (We've had two wonderful TAs on the Silhouette.)   If the reason for the cancellation was indeed the 14-day "ship quarantine," I do hope Celebrity quickly announces where those other 2 days will come from, for the sake of those booked on the possibly affected cruises.  I agree with others above that the 3-day UK cruise scheduled just prior to the TA would be a good candidate (apologies to those affected).   

We were booked on the Silhouette TA. ☹️ This is our 6th canceled cruise.

I agree and hope that X will disclose as soon as possible which additional cruise(s) will be canceled since we have rebooked on Silhouette's first Caribbean cruise after the TA.

Fingers crossed again.

This is our 6th cancellation as well. 2 on Sillie, 2 on Summit, 1 Connie and one Oceania Sirena.  We're holding off until two planned cruises in February.  We have nothing in Europe until July 2022.  Praying for some normalcy by then.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Maybe it's the quarantine or maybe it's Covid.  They continue to have Covid cases pop up and perhaps they didn't want to take the risk of taking care of passengers for several days until they reach a port.

9 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Maybe it's the quarantine or maybe it's Covid.  They continue to have Covid cases pop up and perhaps they didn't want to take the risk of taking care of passengers for several days until they reach a port.

I agree. Which is why I said “if” in terms of the quarantine possibly being the reason. 😊

1 hour ago, Josie201 said:

I do expect them to refund air if I booked flights through them and they cancel or significantly alter the cruise dates.  Just as an FYI, we booked air through them last March for our Reflection cruise that was cancelled three days in.  Not only did they find us new flights but eventually also refunded our air (we got a full refund for the cruise).  Made me fully appreciate the benefit of booking air through them, even for "simple" Florida trips. 

I could be wrong but if you book flights by Celebrity I think it has to be a refundable fare in order to get a refund.  They say their fares are competitive but I found the same flights cheaper through the airline.

19 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I could be wrong but if you book flights by Celebrity I think it has to be a refundable fare in order to get a refund.  They say their fares are competitive but I found the same flights cheaper through the airline.

I'm not sure about that.  We usually book the airfare that isn't due until final cruise payment, which I thought was non-refundable.  In any event, just my experience that one time has sealed the deal for me.  Also, on our (hopefully) upcoming November cruise, we booked Flights by Celebrity (WestJet) to Florida.  We did non-refundable (due at final payment).  We got a notice two weeks ago that the flights were cancelled.  West Jet fares are now significantly higher, but we have been rebooked with no additional $$ owed.  They did say if we didn't like the new flights we could rebook but would be subject to prevailing rates. 

14 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I'm not sure about that.  We usually book the airfare that isn't due until final cruise payment, which I thought was non-refundable.  In any event, just my experience that one time has sealed the deal for me.  Also, on our (hopefully) upcoming November cruise, we booked Flights by Celebrity (WestJet) to Florida.  We did non-refundable (due at final payment).  We got a notice two weeks ago that the flights were cancelled.  West Jet fares are now significantly higher, but we have been rebooked with no additional $$ owed.  They did say if we didn't like the new flights we could rebook but would be subject to prevailing rates. 

I also booked flights with west jet direct for the previous day fortunately holding off on booking hotel until I know this cruise will happen. My flights were cheaper through WJ than celebritys. I had a call back from west jet yesterday saying that even though they were NR flights I can make changes at no cost or cancel and would get a credit good for 24 months.  I'm ok with that.

This came as a link in a text:

Celebrity Cruises Cruise Notification

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021/22 cruise vacation. As we return to service, we are evaluating all current itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world. Regrettably, the situation in many parts of Asia remains uncertain, therefore out of an abundance of caution, we will be canceling the following 2021/22 sailings: Celebrity Solstice® sailings departing January 2, 2022 through April 24, 2022; as well as two Transatlantic sailings, Celebrity Infinity® April 2, 2022 and Celebrity Silhouette® November 1, 2021. At this time, we would like to offer you the opportunity to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or to receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or a 100% Refund. From now through September 22, you have the option of keeping your cruise vacation plans on the same ship and destination, by rescheduling for a 2022/23 sailing within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure. Please contact us or your Travel Agent for details and your reservation will be shifted at the same daily rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking. Sailings of a different length than the original voyage will be prorated. If you are unable to rebook by September 22, you will automatically receive a 125% FCC. No action is required on your part to receive this FCC. If you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until December 31, 2021. Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity, along with any items booked through Celebrity Cruise Planner, will be refunded automatically. Guests with independent excursions or air arrangements need to contact their tour operators and air carriers directly to make all required cancellations. Thank you for your understanding as we work through these unique circumstances. We hope to welcome you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

17 hours ago, Fouremco said:

They'll sail without passengers and quarantine for a total of 14 days, including the crossing. Then commence the winter Caribbean season.

Good morning Fouremco....will you be giving up your "summer plunges" soon and become maskless...LOL?

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Good morning Fouremco....will you be giving up your "summer plunges" soon and become maskless...LOL?

LOL. You're right, it's mid September, snorkeling here is finished for the season, and it's time to don a Sens mask once again for the winter, a different one than last year.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Found this so far:

Celebrity Reflection current location is at North West Atlantic Ocean (coordinates 25.76832 N / -78.25996 W) cruising The AIS position was reported 10 minutes ago. 

cruisemapper.com/ships/Celebrity-Reflectio

We saw Reflection in Aug when we were leaving FLL, don’t think she has sailed across Atlantic since?

29 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

We saw Reflection in Aug when we were leaving FLL, don’t think she has sailed across Atlantic since?

Thanks ,

That's why I was surprised  to see the  cruise tracker entry..but I am tech challenged so it was probably  me!  We are about 95% sure we will take a chance and make final payment next month.  Also considering a short cruise on EQUINOX for 2022,,with refundable booking.

I feel so sorry for everyone who has just received their cancellation letters.  We have had 10 cruises cancelled.  I just about pulled the trigger yesterday on an Edge Caribbean next Jan to take advantage of the 20% off sale. Then I got cold feet thinking about testing positive (by some fluke) at the end of the cruise and having to quarantine 14 days in the US before returning home.  So I didn't book.  We are hoping to get a third shot soon.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:59 PM, Ipeeinthepools said:

It's going to be interesting to see if the cruise lines follow the CDC recommendation to quarantine when the ships re-enter the US waters. There are several ships including other cruise lines that are supposed to carry passengers during the TA.  None of them are currently scheduled to park for 14 days.

I'm assuming (and we all know what that means) that they will.   We have a large number of new crew joining the ship soon.   They have pretty much cleared Floor 6 on Equinox and have crew using the cabins.    About half of the cabins had their doors open and doing a deep clean and sanitation.   A cocktail table is outside each room.   As I understand the new crew that board have to be quarantined to their room for up to 2 weeks and they leave their meals on the tables at the door.

13 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

TA’s present a problem in terms of Covid. I’m recently off the Equinox.  The 4 passengers who tested positive were taken off the ship ASAP and flown home.  What would they do in the middle of the Atlantic?  

Same as they'd do anywhere else -- quarantine. 

16 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I was on Silhouette  

I was told by the Head of Security on Sllhoette during our 6 to 14 August cruise that they would be sailing empty across the Atlantic. When I said the TA was still on sale he backtracked and said " perhaps there has been a change" I posted this as soon as we disembarked and cancelled the TA before final payment - clearly he was telling the truth.