Is the fresh squeezed orange juice that Celebrity charges $4 really freshly squeezed or is it like the orange juice we buy fr

jameslee

Is the fresh squeezed orange juice that Celebrity charges $4 really freshly squeezed or is it like the orange juice we buy from the market. I tried the juice from Apex and it seems pretty sweet. Doesn't taste like the fresh squeeze orange juice I drink from home

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jameslee said:

Is the fresh squeezed orange juice that Celebrity charges $4 really freshly squeezed or is it like the orange juice we buy from the market. I tried the juice from Apex and it seems pretty sweet. Doesn't taste like the fresh squeeze orange juice I drink from home

You can watch them squeeze it in a machine near the espresso machine in the buffet

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

You can watch them squeeze it in a machine near the espresso machine in the buffet

Those machines disappeared years ago unfortunately ... and I agree with the OP ..the juice we had last month I am sure was not freshly squeezed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jameslee said:

Unfortunately on APEX you can only get freshly squeezed juices at BLU and LUMINEE for which you need to have the eligible cabin category to access these venues. At RCL they also sell freshly squeezed juices both at the MDR and at the equivelant of Ocean View, hence quite annoying why this is not the case at X

I have been told that what Celebrity calls fresh squeezed is actually frozen but not from concentrate.  That is, The freshly squeezed orange juice is/frozen and does not need to be reconstituted.  I remember seeing the machine which squeezed fresh oranges at one time, and have been told that they were all removed. Maybe they are back, I don’t know, but I doubt that you are finding real fresh squeezed orange juice anywhere on the ship.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jameslee said:

More than likely not, as a different varieties of oranges are used than what we here in the U.S. usually used for fresh juice...

bon voyage

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

More than likely not, as a different varieties of oranges are used than what we here in the U.S. usually used for fresh juice...

bon voyage

Simply Orange works for me at home, would work just as well on a cruise, no pulp of course.

10 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Yep, next someone will point out it's not fresh squeezed if it's not from the Squeeze region of France.  🙂

Harris

Denver, CO

What about the addition of or lack of flavour enhancers as used in some OJ's???

LOL - good to see you posting again O...

bon voyage

🤐

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

No pulp ---------how utterly pedestrian of you.😊

I could tell you why but I only share that information with my Dr. and for once, my lips are sealed  🤐

Edited by LGW59
  • Haha 2

I'm currently on Equinox and asked the Hotel Director this question.    The standard OJ is packaged and pasteurized.    You then have the Premium OJ (never referred to as  Fresh Squeezed but sometimes Fresh) is Fresh  Squeezed with Pulp at the Factory and then package in Milk Style Cartons.    This is what is sold for a premium or on your package.

Aqua Spa Cafe actually does squeeze OJ and other Vegetables but I believe use a Ninja Style juicer so not sure if it is actually squeezed. 

• Thanks 3

Guess you could pack a mini manual juice squeezer...if it is that important.

Sounds like the upcharge is  not worth it for the juice. 

My diabetes dr has advised me to reduce juices so 1/2 a fresh  orange is what I am used to!  

• Like 1