App help please

Mr Sea Gull

We have tried to check in for an upcoming cruise via the app but it does not appear to accept our passport issue dates, keeps just deleting it.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

We did wonder if it may be because in the UK when you renew passports they give any remaining months extra onto 

the new passport,  so over 10 years from issue to expiry.

Another issue we have is ordering the medallion, one of ours went through correctly but the other passenger seems to just keep getting 2 lanyards in the order 

summary and no medallion. No way of emptying the basket or deleting a lanyard either.

Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

We have tried to check in for an upcoming cruise via the app but it does not appear to accept our passport issue dates, keeps just deleting it.

We did wonder if it may be because in the UK when you renew passports they give any remaining months extra onto 

Another issue we have is ordering the medallion, one of ours went through correctly but the other passenger seems to just keep getting 2 lanyards in the order 

summary and no medallion. No way of emptying the basket or deleting a lanyard either.

Any ideas?

On the extra lanyard?  Throw it away.  😉

40 minutes ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

I can't say for sure on the passport issue, but I just verified that both ours are valid for just ten years, even though I'm sure we renewed them a bit early. You probably already knew that US passports were like that. So, I think you might be right on that. It might be that, or it might just be the app being pesky again (again!). I just fought a round with it myself to get some info added that it didn't seem to think was valid. I won that one finally. You might try again before resorting to contacting Princess.

59 minutes ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

Any ideas?

Give Princess UK a call as they are meant to be the support number for the app.

If you cannot get the passport sorted then don't fret and just get yourself to the port and the initial check-in person will address any issues.

Edited by dides

52 minutes ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

the new passport,  so over 10 years from issue to expiry

They haven't done this for the last three years or so.

I wouldn't worry too much. The passport information can entered manually by the check in staff at embarkation. 

1 hour ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

Any ideas?

Hi, 

I am in the US and have the exact same problem. I entered all of my information in the app and was fine (green lane) until yesterday. The system now won't accept my passport issue date (I have a new passport that was issued in May). I called Princess yesterday and learned that they are having a technical problem with the app. Other people are experiencing the same problem. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Chuck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I am in the US and have the exact same problem. I entered all of my information in the app and was fine (green lane) until yesterday. The system now won't accept my passport issue date (I have a new passport that was issued in May).

Chuck

No surprise here. 

Thank you for all the replies. Managed to get hold of an email for tech help so trying them. 

Fingers crossed! 

Can't believe how truly awful this app is and now really the only way to do anything, it really lets them down as a company.  Not helped by the fact that telephone support is virtually no existent here in the 

UK anyway.

• Like 1

Hi,

This problem is particularly annoying because all of my information had been accepted and I was approved for green lane. I didn't make any changes, but my travel documents were suddenly rejected and now I am blue lane.

Telephone support isn't good in the US, either. I had to wait a very long time before I was able to speak to someone.

Chuck

I actually got a tech on the phone. Had to wait over a hour but I was determined to complete check in.

lovely chap, hugely embarrassed. He could see my white screen, he could see the fact nothing would load, even the gateway error message but the only thing he could fix was the order for lanyards. 

I have taken so many photos of us now we just look fed up and miserable. He assured me that the issue’s with the app are “being looked into”, insisted he complained on my behalf and so apologetic it became embarrassing

We will be checking in at the port. All medallions have to be collected in the U.K. so it is inevitable we will end up in some form of queue. I think there should be a new colour line  RED for those of us who have lost the will to live trying to check in with the now infamous app.

I am comforting my husband with the  Princess plus package and am reassured he will get over the queues with an adult beverage or 15 ( I believe that is the limit)

I have yet to break it to him that u need the app to order said beverages …….experience has told me to deliver such news might not go down particularly well.😱😱😱

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, welshfamily said:

I have yet to break it to him that u need the app to order said beverages …….experience has told me to deliver such news might not go down particularly well.😱😱😱

No need to use the App to order. Just signal a roving waiter or go to the bar like we always did. I quite like the Medallion but never use it to order anything.

1 hour ago, welshfamily said:

I actually got a tech on the phone. Had to wait over a hour but I was determined to complete check in.

lovely chap, hugely embarrassed. He could see my white screen, he could see the fact nothing would load, even the gateway error message but the only thing he could fix was the order for lanyards. 

I have taken so many photos of us now we just look fed up and miserable. He assured me that the issue’s with the app are “being looked into”, insisted he complained on my behalf and so apologetic it became embarrassing

We will be checking in at the port. All medallions have to be collected in the U.K. so it is inevitable we will end up in some form of queue. I think there should be a new colour line  RED for those of us who have lost the will to live trying to check in with the now infamous app.

I am comforting my husband with the  Princess plus package and am reassured he will get over the queues with an adult beverage or 15 ( I believe that is the limit)

After all that you have endured, I believe you deserve Princess Plus.  In fact, I believe Princess should comp everyone drinks.  

Lol, the app wouldn't accept my passport info either. There's a problem with the issue date field. I also got an error message that my passport information doesn't match the passport information they have on file for me. it's the same passport that I used when I boarded the Grand Princess in January 2020.

I'm not worried about it. i will pick up my medallion at the ship. My traveling partner, aka Aunt Martha, doesn't even have a smart phone. I will be so grateful to cruise again that I'm not sweating the small stuff. 

• Like 1

Hi, 

I just deleted my passport information and then re-scanned my passport and took a new photo. I am now back to green lane status. I tried this yesterday, but it didn't work. Fortunately, this worked today. If you are having this problem, you may want to try re-scanning your passport.

Chuck

• Like 2

8 hours ago, leck57 said:

No need to use the App to order. Just signal a roving waiter or go to the bar like we always did. I quite like the Medallion but never use it to order anything.

Due to Covid, Princess (at least on the Alaska cruises) is not allowing passengers to approach the bars.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Due to Covid, Princess (at least on the Alaska cruises) is not allowing passengers to approach the bars.

I thought I read this for the UK.  It's an odd thing IMO since pax are in proximity all over the ship and it is quite possible to place an order from about 6 feet away and then go and sit and wait for drink to be delivered.  The waiter has to come within 6' to deliver the drink.  Another OTT Covid Caution.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Not true unless this requirement came into effect in the last 2-3 cruises. I was on the 8/17 cruise and anybody at any time at any bar could approach the bar staff.

6 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Not true unless this requirement came into effect in the last 2-3 cruises. I was on the 8/17 cruise and anybody at any time at any bar could approach the bar staff.

Bar access was not restricted on the 8/8 sailing either, could order from or sit at the bars.

Regarding passports on the Medallion app, it looks like, for now, the 'fix' by Princess was to remove the "issue date" line on the app that was causing the problem and preventing passport info. from being accepted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I thought I read this for the UK.  It's an odd thing IMO since pax are in proximity all over the ship and it is quite possible to place an order from about 6 feet away and then go and sit and wait for drink to be delivered.  The waiter has to come within 6' to deliver the drink.  Another OTT Covid Caution.

1 hour ago, EDDY0827 said:

You both are right.

I meant to say the U.K. seacation cruises.

On 9/17/2021 at 10:01 AM, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I am in the US and have the exact same problem. I entered all of my information in the app and was fine (green lane) until yesterday. The system now won't accept my passport issue date (I have a new passport that was issued in May). I called Princess yesterday and learned that they are having a technical problem with the app. Other people are experiencing the same problem. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Chuck

Thanks for posting this, Chuck. I was having the exact same issue with my daughter's passport, which was recently issued. I will just keep an eye on it and hope they get it sorted out soon. 

On 9/17/2021 at 2:53 PM, Mr Sea Gull said:

Yes, I had a similar issue. It was frustrating because my passport date field was not accepted, but my wife's passport date was!

I tried several times and using different devices. After about 10 attempts, of "restarting" the entire passport scan requirement, it worked. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason why this happened.