Vaccination Cards- keep bringing them?

SOPOME

Has anyone cruised twice to tell me if you didn't have to show your vaccination cards again?

Since they took photos of them on our recent cruise, I'm wondering if that's one thing we won't have to bring on our next cruise in November?

Wishful thinking?!?

3 minutes ago, SOPOME said:

Has anyone cruised twice to tell me if you didn't have to show your vaccination cards again?

Since they took photos of them on our recent cruise, I'm wondering if that's one thing we won't have to bring on our next cruise in November?

Wishful thinking?!?

Bring the card as you never know if you will want to enter a venue off ship that may require it these days.

1 minute ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I would not take that chance! I don't think they keep a file on all of us. 😀. But maybe they do. Bring the card would be my advice!

Oh; I'm always prepared, so no worries there!  I'm just hoping that they have used their technology to update their system to show vaccination cards on file!  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Lou33 said:

Won't they accept a photo of your card on your phone?  Do you need to bring the physical card?

Original card required at this time.

Presumably they won't accept pictures on a phone as it's too easy to fake a photo.  

• Like 1

Bring them.  You assume that the Vaccine info is in your profile.  I wouldn't take a chance.  On my Sept. 5 Oasis sail, they examined my test results twice while on the other hand the Vaxx card was examined some 6 different times during the boarding process.  This was in Bayonne, and don't know if others sailing from other ports experienced the same.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SOPOME said:

Wishful thinking?!?

Yep wishful thinking. I wouldnt think anytime soon they will go away. Next thing we know boosters will be due for some of us. 

One lady last week on my cruise spent hours on the phone because there wasnt a lot number on her vaccine card she told me. She almost wasnt able to board. 

Rules tightening not getting looser. 

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Original card required at this time.

Presumably they won't accept pictures on a phone as it's too easy to fake a photo.  

I finally boarded but vista boarded at the rcl terminal 2, rcl terminal because the boarding arm is broke, so same terminal folks as rcl will encounter.

She fussed and asked for the link to my negative test. ... not a copy. 

Passport = Either the card or the book

Birth Certificate = original or a certified copy with a raised seal or water mark

Drivers License = your actual drivers license

Global Entry = face scan, finger print scan or actual card (no photo copy of your fingers)

Covid Test = depending on requirements, either they copy it or take a paper copy for files.

So if you need original ID for everything......why the daily questions on the vaccine card?  Why is everyone so afraid of carrying it with your passport or other ID's? 

Take a picture of it, along with a picture of your passport, BC and DL and if you loose any of your items, you can replace it all.  

Also, when RCCL copies your info, or the airlines, it is for the cruiese or flight only.  They keep the info for government regulations to show they saw it, not to make it easier a year from now.  

• Like 2

They’ll want to see the card. They’re moving people through check in as fast as they can and they’re not going to take time to look up a pic of your card.  
My card was checked 4 times by different people before getting on the ship. 

Edited by HicksRA

14 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

They’ll want to see the card. They’re moving people through check in as fast as they can and they’re not going to take time to look up a pic of your card.  
My card was checked 4 times by different people before getting on the ship. 

Agreed.  We boarded the Mariner OTS last Friday, and I kept track.  They checked vax card and negative COVID test results four times.  They only took a photo at the health screening checkpoint.  But I think they are doing this in part to prevent cruisers providing fraudulent cards.  They did check out the lot numbers. 

Quick question I received mine  and they are posted in my  medical record  for our health care system which I have access to on my phone shows all the same info that is on the physical card.  Can I show that or do I need the care the actual card. I only ask because I hate carrying the card unless I need to scared it will get lost or damaged as it is just a paper card.  

14 hours ago, SOPOME said:

Oh; I'm always prepared, so no worries there!  I'm just hoping that they have used their technology to update their system to show vaccination cards on file!  

Even on a B2B you have to reenter some data twice. 

15 minutes ago, Steve&Teri said:

Quick question I received mine  and they are posted in my  medical record  for our health care system which I have access to on my phone shows all the same info that is on the physical card.  Can I show that or do I need the care the actual card. I only ask because I hate carrying the card unless I need to scared it will get lost or damaged as it is just a paper card.  

We will take our vaccination cards with us along with our passports. Do not want to take any chances. We don't want to be that couple standing in the embarkation center watching everyone else getting to board the ship and we can't. I'll make printed copies of them also if we don't need the originals when going ashore. We'll wait for the cruise line to tell us at that time what we actually need to go ashore. 

Edited by davekathy

21 minutes ago, Steve&Teri said:

Not having sailed since the resumption of cruising by the lines but I would hope that an official certificate from your state or county health care system showing the vaccination details would really be better than the cards. I know some (from reading other CC boards) have taken both the card and those health department certs but don't know which the cruise lines would honor, one over the other. Perhaps you'll get an answer from someone here, I would like to know as well.

Edited by joepeka

5 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

So if you need original ID for everything......why the daily questions on the vaccine card?  Why is everyone so afraid of carrying it with your passport or other ID's? 

I just assume it would be a pain to get replaced if needed. Also it is made of basic card stock and is too big to fit a wallet, so it is pretty fragile as compared to drivers license.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Not having sailed since the resumption of cruising by the lines but I would hope that an official certificate from your state or county health care system showing the vaccination details would really be better than the cards. I know some (from reading other CC boards) have taken both the card and those health department certs but don't know which the cruise lines would honor, one over the other. Perhaps you'll get an answer from someone here, I would like to know as well.

Better to ask RC what is acceptable.  

4 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

I just assume it would be a pain to get replaced if needed. Also it is made of basic card stock and is too big to fit a wallet, so it is pretty fragile as compared to drivers license.

Many years ago we had the same concerns about protecting our passports.  We purchased passport wallets to protect our passports and that's where we'll put our covid vaccination cards. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1