Vaccination Cards- keep bringing them?

SOPOME

7 hours ago, ryano said:

I wouldnt either if I had it to do over again.  

Neither would I.  The question now is what happens when we get our booster shot.  Will they issue us a new card or transfer the original information from the old card onto a new one.

The location we got our original shots is no longer being used.

23 hours ago, SOPOME said:

Has anyone cruised twice to tell me if you didn't have to show your vaccination cards again?

Since they took photos of them on our recent cruise, I'm wondering if that's one thing we won't have to bring on our next cruise in November?

Wishful thinking?!?

We were on the Freedom last week. It was our second cruise. We had to upload our vaccine card to complete our online check-in. And our vaccine card was visually inspected three times from the time we entered the terminal to the time we got on the ship (the last time was at the door to the gangway as we were being scanned onto the ship). And it was photographed once. 

The instructions clearly state what you need to bring, so bring it. 

Vaccination. All guests 12 and older must be fully vaccinated prior to sailing and must provide documentation of full vaccination (for example, a COVID-19 vaccination record card) prior to boarding. Guests must have received the final vaccine dose at least 14 days before sailing.

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The instructions clearly state what you need to bring, so bring it. 

Vaccination. All guests 12 and older must be fully vaccinated prior to sailing and must provide documentation of full vaccination (for example, a COVID-19 vaccination record card) prior to boarding. Guests must have received the final vaccine dose at least 14 days before sailing.

We are going to bring our cards to not leave anything to chance.  But when I read this, I don't see it as saying that we must bring our original vaccine record card.  It says that we must provide documentation, and the vaccination record card is an "example" of something that they would accept.  It doesn't say that printouts or photos are not accepted.  It doesn't say that the California Digital Vaccine Record is not accepted.  

If not, then I feel instructions are not clearly stated.  Why wouldn't they say:

All guests 12 and older must present their original COVID-19 vaccine record card prior to boarding.  No photos, copies, printouts, or other documentation will be accepted.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Tony, your profile pic wouldn't have something to do with SCV would it?  If not, just ignore the comment as it relates to a niche activity.

VANGUARD ! My all time favorite drum corps !

Troopers and Madison run run a close second

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

I got one that holds both my passport and my vaccination card.

Was it something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Transparent-Frosted-Passport-Organizer-Protector/dp/B07JFWMC52/ref=sr_1_49?dchild=1&keywords=clear+plastic+passport+and+cdc+card+holder&qid=1632316150&sr=8-49

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I got something like this. Many places sell including Amazon. Try searching "passport and vaccine card holder combo"Screenshot_20210922-113957_Chrome.thumb.jpg.85dbf8122b2fa06f6ed2a519791613aa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cruizzing said:

I got something like this. Many places sell including Amazon. Try searching "passport and vaccine card holder combo"Screenshot_20210922-113957_Chrome.thumb.jpg.85dbf8122b2fa06f6ed2a519791613aa.jpg

We have something similar to that for our passports but we also have our vaccine cards in clear plastic sleeves since we need to have them with us at places we don't need our passports.

• Like 4

Had my CDC card with my passport for my trip a few week ago. Lost it - the card, not the passport. I believe it fell out during security check before my flight home, as I had it prior to that. I have a pdf scan of the front and back of the card (needed it for work) and the vaccination records from both CVS and Walgreens (got one dose from each). I am really hoping that at least one of the pharmacies is accommodating in providing a replacement card, since it seems that that's more important than actual medical records.  Not sure if I'll need to go to both CVS and Walgreens to get the card replaced, and if I need to go to the specific location(s) that I received the doses or any CVS/Walgreens location. Fortunately my cruise is in November, so I have some time to get it sorted. And of course, who knows what changes may occur between now and then... 

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Neither would I.  The question now is what happens when we get our booster shot.  Will they issue us a new card or transfer the original information from the old card onto a new one.

I got my vaccine very early on through my employer (I'm a doctor), and when they approved the booster for the immune suppressed (I am) my employer wasn't set up for it yet, so I went around the corner to CVS.  They used the same card.

5 hours ago, higgens said:

Had my CDC card with my passport for my trip a few week ago. Lost it - the card, not the passport. I believe it fell out during security check before my flight home, as I had it prior to that. I have a pdf scan of the front and back of the card (needed it for work) and the vaccination records from both CVS and Walgreens (got one dose from each). I am really hoping that at least one of the pharmacies is accommodating in providing a replacement card, since it seems that that's more important than actual medical records.  Not sure if I'll need to go to both CVS and Walgreens to get the card replaced, and if I need to go to the specific location(s) that I received the doses or any CVS/Walgreens location. Fortunately my cruise is in November, so I have some time to get it sorted. And of course, who knows what changes may occur between now and then... 

I almost lost my Global Entry card once by putting it inside my passport.  When I opened my passport it fell out and luckily someone noticed and picked it off the floor and gave it back to me. That's why I got a clear plastic holder for the passport with two inserts for cards - one for the CDC card and another for the Global Entry card in order to have them all together in one secure place. When I don't need the passport or Global Entry card I will remove them and leave them in the safe and just carry the CDC card by itself in the same plastic holder in its dedicated insert pocket. 

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I almost lost my Global Entry card once by putting it inside my passport. 

I thought that the Global Entry Trusted Traveler card is used only for land travel when you drive across the border into the US from Mexico or Canada.  And otherwise at airports, your Global Entry comes up automatically when you use your passport. 

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1292?language=en_US

I'm just curious why you may have brought your card on a cruise?  Does it help you to get through customs at the cruise port?

Edit:  I see that Global Entry benefits are available at 11 cruise ports.  I saw one an older article on CruiseCritic that says you need your card to get through and it is good only at Fort Lauderdale.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2710

But a newer article says it is expanded to 11 ports, but no mention that you need your card?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/cbp-facial-recognition-us-cruise-ports/

Edited by Lou33

1 hour ago, Lou33 said:

I thought that the Global Entry Trusted Traveler card is used only for land travel when you drive across the border into the US from Mexico or Canada.  And otherwise at airports, your Global Entry comes up automatically when you use your passport. 

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1292?language=en_US

I'm just curious why you may have brought your card on a cruise?  Does it help you to get through customs at the cruise port?

Edit:  I see that Global Entry benefits are available at 11 cruise ports.  I saw one an older article on CruiseCritic that says you need your card to get through and it is good only at Fort Lauderdale.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2710

But a newer article says it is expanded to 11 ports, but no mention that you need your card?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/cbp-facial-recognition-us-cruise-ports/

I should have specified I dropped my GE card while taking out my passport at customs at the airport in Miami coming home from Europe a few years ago pre-pandemic. I take my GE card anytime I carry my passport whether I need it or not.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why the check-in app is asking for you to upload a picture of your vaccination card since they are asking you to show it physically multiple times. Doesn't seem to streamline anything. Originally not a option to take a pic of it in the app a few days ago, seems to just been added for our Serenade cruise end of October.

Edited by coaster

On 9/21/2021 at 8:42 PM, OSUZorba said:

I just assume it would be a pain to get replaced if needed. Also it is made of basic card stock and is too big to fit a wallet, so it is pretty fragile as compared to drivers license.

Go to any office supply store and but a badge holder....those little plastic sleeves are exactly the right size for the CDC cards...we bought a pack of ten for six dollars at Office Depot this summer.   

27 minutes ago, coaster said:

Not sure why the check-in app is asking for you to upload a picture of your vaccination card since they are asking you to show it physically multiple times. Doesn't seem to streamline anything. Originally not a option to take a pic of it in the app a few days ago, seems to just been added for our Serenade cruise end of October.

Save time at checkin. It took a minute or two for the checkin person to get two photos of our cards properly focused, etc. 

Same reason they allow you to upload a photo in the app. Anything to save time and get people out of the crowded port area and on their vacation!

I am just back from Freedom last week.

I had all my "electronic paperwork printed out. as proof" 

Guy checking us in was more interested in the "CARD" He took a picture entered key info into tablet and we were quickly on our way onto ship.

So yeah bring your card so you can breeze thru check in! We were on boat within 10 minutes.

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2021 at 11:55 AM, starri said:

I got my vaccine very early on through my employer (I'm a doctor), and when they approved the booster for the immune suppressed (I am) my employer wasn't set up for it yet, so I went around the corner to CVS.  They used the same card.

yep, got my original first and second shot at our local hospital, got the booster at Walgreens. All 3 shots are on the same card.