C&A Double Points

LorraineP

The double points definitely worked on me. I just had my first cruise as Diamond and with my 2022 bookings I am one point shy of Diamond+. I really wish I could have found an 8 night that worked for me but the 7 nighter I just booked made the most sense. Going "solo" in connecting cabins at a great price. All that extra space for the same price I usually pay for one cabin, sold!

The only problem is how hard it's going to be to go back to full capacity. At least Windjammer should be open for dinner by then.

I booked my January cruise with Royal sometime in the last 2 weeks.  How do I find out if I booked Double Points Promo?  I booked it online. I saw the promo but don’t recall if I did anything special to get that deal. Will it show under my booking online??

Thanks!

🛳🛳

Bobbi

I'm another who used the promo to get to the Diamond Plus 340 single supplement discount point.  

I arranged it so that I'll hit the threshold in May 2022, and then I can apply that discount to the cruises I have booked in October/November 2022 and beyond.

Double points when you're booking solo in a room .... those points REALLY add up quickly.  I'm almost (but not quite) embarrassed about how many points I'll be earning in a single year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We went point chasing too. Currently, we have 50 points (Platinum).

We had 2 cruises that kept getting cancelled, and ultimately turned them in to a 24 night b2b on Jewel next Summer. Arctic Circle (Fjords) and Iceland & Ireland. We booked JSs, and equates to 96 points.

Then, our daughter is graduating college, and asked her if she'd like to take a cruise to celebrate or if there was anything else she'd like to do, she said cruise. So specifically booked an 8 night instead of a 7 night for the extra 4 points. (February-March on Odyssey) JS = 32

50 + 32 = 82 (Diamond)

82 + 96 = 178 (Diamond+) 

7 night would have put us 2 points short of Diamond (78), then 1 point short of D+ (174).

But then earlier this week as the double points ends tonight, we booked a couple short weekend ones in JSs just because.😀

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 2

I am so tempted to book one more. 😆 🤣 😂 I'm chasing D+. I'll hit D next week. I'm 33 pts shy of D+ by the end of 2022. I've been tinkering with it all week. Smh.

We have a big Maui trip for our 5th Anniversary Jan 2023 and that's the only reason I bagged off of my cruise booking frenzy.  

Edited by cynt

6 minutes ago, cynt said:

I am so tempted to book one more. 😆 🤣 😂 I'm chasing D+. I'll hit D next week. I'm 33 pts shy of D+ by the end of 2022. I've been tinkering with it all week. Smh.

We have a big Maui trip for our 5th Anniversary Jan 2023 and that's the only reason I bagged off of my cruise booking frenzy.  

You only have an hour and a half left.  MAKE UP YOUR MIND!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

We went point chasing too. Currently, we have 50 points (Platinum).

We had 2 cruises that kept getting cancelled, and ultimately turned them in to a 24 night b2b on Jewel next Summer. Arctic Circle (Fjords) and Iceland & Ireland. We booked JSs, and equates to 96 points.

Then, our daughter is graduating college, and asked her if she'd like to take a cruise to celebrate or if there was anything else she'd like to do, she said cruise. So specifically booked an 8 night instead of a 7 night for the extra 4 points. (February-March on Odyssey) JS = 32

50 + 32 = 82 (Diamond)

82 + 96 = 178 (Diamond+) 

7 night would have put us 2 points short of Diamond (78), then 1 point short of D+ (174).

But then earlier this week as the double points ends tonight, we booked a couple short weekend ones just because.😀

That is a dream B2B. Enjoy all that for me lol. I'm going to have to cruise a little less frequently to save up for something like that.

On 9/29/2021 at 5:49 PM, gelli8112 said:

I don't believe that it will be extended.  Just booked an eight day today on Allure in a JS for Oct of next year to snatch the 32 points.  It your still trying to decide, I suggest you decide quickly.  I hope they extend it for you.

just booked two  8 nights on the Allure in a Junior suite.  64 points!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

just booked two  8 nights on the Allure in a Junior suite.  64 points!!

That's awesome.  I'm sitting here now, looking for one more cruise to take next year to take advantage of this promotion.  I think I'm going to take a four day out of Tampa.  Never cruised from that port or on Brilliance of the Seas.

1 minute ago, gelli8112 said:

That's awesome.  I'm sitting here now, looking for one more cruise to take next year to take advantage of this promotion.  I think I'm going to take a four day out of Tampa.  Never cruised from that port or on Brilliance of the Seas.

so long as it all works out...it is like shooting fish in a barrel...  We are considering a 3rd / 4th in 2022 as well...gotta hurry...

Pre-COVID I was sitting at 322 points from cruises taken since October 2016. Right now I have 462 points after 5 weeks of sailings (though not all consecutive) aboard Adventure out of Nassau, and in a couple days board Oasis for 4 consecutive sailings, earning another 112 points. I have a booked sailing in November and 2 in the middle of December on Anthem. And then I'll reach Pinnacle during my 12/31/2021 Anthem, New Years Eve sailing. And as a safety net in case something makes one or more of my bookings not sail as expected, I didn't stop there... by the end of 2022 with everything booked so far will have just passed the next free-cruise-earned threshold at 1,050 Crown & Anchor points with 1,066 points reached.

Another interesting statistic is how the prices of those sailings have changed on me since I booked them. Between the time I booked them and today, the cruise fare has dropped a collective $7,560. That's 19 sailings, all double occupancy balcony cabins with me traveling alone for a total of 151 cruise nights were booked with me fully expecting to pay $23,133 not including taxes/fees, and I'm now only paying $15,573. Barely over $103/night on average. Prices have dropped 32%. And the next 12 of those sailings remain eligible for the Cruise With Confidence Best Price Guarantee, so price drops between final payment and 48 hours before sailing, could still further discount my costs.

So, yes, double points dramatically increased my point earning pace, and at a time when earning those points costs a whole lot less than usual. 🙂

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, dswallow said:

So, yes, double points dramatically increased my point earning pace, and at a time when earning those points costs a whole lot less than usual. 🙂

That's why I have so many booked, too -- pricing plus double points is too good to pass up!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

It's not that far off... I'm going from 113 to 513 points in a year because of this promotion.

My TA is sick and tired of opening emails from me!!

I’ve got 378 today and next October I hit 🍍 !! 
I haven’t added up how much this is costing me 🤭

• Like 1

Now that the Double C&A Points promotion has expired, how will this affect repricing a cruise booked under this promotion?  Will double points have to be sacrificed if one takes advantage of a future price reduction?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kjc852 said:

Will double points have to be sacrificed if one takes advantage of a future price reduction?

Only if you cancel and rebook - as long as the original booking stays (along with its per 9/30 date), the double points should not be affected.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dswallow said:

Pre-COVID I was sitting at 322 points from cruises taken since October 2016. Right now I have 462 points after 5 weeks of sailings (though not all consecutive) aboard Adventure out of Nassau, and in a couple days board Oasis for 4 consecutive sailings, earning another 112 points. I have a booked sailing in November and 2 in the middle of December on Anthem. And then I'll reach Pinnacle during my 12/31/2021 Anthem, New Years Eve sailing. And as a safety net in case something makes one or more of my bookings not sail as expected, I didn't stop there... by the end of 2022 with everything booked so far will have just passed the next free-cruise-earned threshold at 1,050 Crown & Anchor points with 1,066 points reached.

Another interesting statistic is how the prices of those sailings have changed on me since I booked them. Between the time I booked them and today, the cruise fare has dropped a collective $7,560. That's 19 sailings, all double occupancy balcony cabins with me traveling alone for a total of 151 cruise nights were booked with me fully expecting to pay $23,133 not including taxes/fees, and I'm now only paying $15,573. Barely over $103/night on average. Prices have dropped 32%. And the next 12 of those sailings remain eligible for the Cruise With Confidence Best Price Guarantee, so price drops between final payment and 48 hours before sailing, could still further discount my costs.

And here I thought going from 8 points to Diamond with 3 cruises over 1.5 years was an achievement. Good job! Safe sailings! I can't wait to live this lifestyle, but until then. Off to work I go.