Princess medallion bracelets - size up!

Dreamer333

Just a heads up to anyone pre-purchasing a bracelet (for medallion)... size up if your wrist measurement is very close to the bracelet measurement.

I measured my wrist, and according to the measurements I should be a size small. But bracelet arrived and its a bit too tight because of it's shape (slightly oblong). 

Hopefully it will be an easy process to exchange onboard, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2021 at 9:47 AM, Dreamer333 said:

Just a heads up to anyone pre-purchasing a bracelet (for medallion)... size up if your wrist measurement is very close to the bracelet measurement.

I measured my wrist, and according to the measurements I should be a size small. But bracelet arrived and its a bit too tight because of it's shape (slightly oblong). 

Hopefully it will be an easy process to exchange onboard, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

Is this just a simple bangle bracelet or does it have some kind of clasp, etc.?  Thanks in advance!

What are people doing with their medallions? Feeling I am going to have to make sure all my outfits have pockets!  Lanyards aren’t comfortable for me , ideas for those of us who have yet to be outfitted?  Thanks.

6 hours ago, muffin said:

What are people doing with their medallions? Feeling I am going to have to make sure all my outfits have pockets!  Lanyards aren’t comfortable for me , ideas for those of us who have yet to be outfitted?  Thanks.

I purchased one of their wristbands and I just wear mine similar to a watch. The band cost $12 on board and I have used it on two cruises now. The Medallion and band have small magnets in them and the Medallion clips in tight.

.....now for the people who will say their Medallion fell out. Mine has never and I don't think they will if the magnets are lined up properly.

7 hours ago, muffin said:

When I left mine in my pocket sometimes it didn’t register at the bar or at our door. My husband used the clip and clipped it to the top of a pocket and it worked perfectly. Still out of sight but useful. 

I bought the clip on my last OM cruise (2019) - bought onboard because I was indecisive and wanted to see in person what my choices were.  

I felt it work wonderfully well, even if it put it in my pocket.  DH used my old FitBit clip. 

There used to be a whole thread about other alternatives.

11 hours ago, muffin said:

I bought an inexpensive necklace on EBay. The seller that I bought from offers various chain lengths, and the necklace works very well. The magnet in the Medallion snaps onto the metal disk of the necklace. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 11/10/2021 at 9:42 AM, Sea Hag said:

I bought an inexpensive necklace on EBay. The seller that I bought from offers various chain lengths, and the necklace works very well. The magnet in the Medallion snaps onto the metal disk of the necklace. 

Sea Hag, can you share which product you bought? Or the seller? Not sure if that's against some site policy I'm unaware of. Thanks!!!

On 11/9/2021 at 10:09 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

60F4A322-AA4D-430E-A0E8-CCF7A9B22B54.jpeg

I went through a few of these bangles before I figured out the solution.  The large seemed to unclamp very easily and the medium pinched my skin when trying to secure it.  
I ended up getting the large and just slightly bent the metal to make the clasp more secure.  BTW, they kept exchanging it for me until I got the right fit.  It is now perfect.  I also use one of the silicone ones for going to the pool and other outdoor activities.  Both work perfectly now.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, toocutechic said:

Sea Hag, can you share which product you bought? Or the seller? Not sure if that's against some site policy I'm unaware of. Thanks!!!

I don't think it's against policy. There are a lot of these on EBay, and I don't really remember which one I bought. I think it might be the one linked below, because it offers a lot of necklace lengths. You can't choose necklace length until late in the purchase process. I advise you to be careful and order one long enough, 26" or 30". I ordered 26" and think it's about right. I can't imagine trying to work with one shorter than that.

Princess MEDALLION HOLDER Pendant SS GOLD color SS 20, 24, 26, 30" Gold Necklace | eBay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I went through a few of these bangles before I figured out the solution.  The large seemed to unclamp very easily and the medium pinched my skin when trying to secure it.  
I ended up getting the large and just slightly bent the metal to make the clasp more secure.  BTW, they kept exchanging it for me until I got the right fit.  It is now perfect.  I also use one of the silicone ones for going to the pool and other outdoor activities.  Both work perfectly now.  

I’m glad it finally worked out for you. I really love my bracelet. I have a few cruises booked with Royal Caribbean and I know I will miss the medallion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muffinz said:

Will the medallion fit / clip onto a standard Lanyard??

I'd rather put it on a Lanyard than try and clip onto my clothes somehow

They ship your medallion with a free lanyard with a circular medallion holder, whether or not you pay for an upgraded medallion or other accessories. 

23 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

They ship your medallion with a free lanyard with a circular medallion holder, whether or not you pay for an upgraded medallion or other accessories. 

oh ok... they post it to you manually? you don't get it given to you at check in??

that would be great if they did that....

when we checked in with Celebrity we had to get our photo taken at check in that that was loaded against our account / see pass card

19 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

oh ok... they post it to you manually? you don't get it given to you at check in??

You have a choice when you order, at least if you're in the US. You still have to order, even if just getting the free basic medallion and lanyard. Although if you didn’t order I guess they would default to having your medallion and lanyard ready for pickup at check-in.

30 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

You have a choice when you order, at least if you're in the US. You still have to order, even if just getting the free basic medallion and lanyard. Although if you didn’t order I guess they would default to having your medallion and lanyard ready for pickup at check-in.

ok great thanks for that!

I bought these: https://strapsco.com/product/clip-for-apple-airtag/

They are a perfect fit for the Medallion and I see zero chance of it coming loose. The clip is nice and tight. Currently there is a "buy 2 get 1 free" promo and they are available in a multitude of colors. I am extremely pleased with this clip and think I will like it a lot when we cruise.

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2021 at 9:47 AM, Dreamer333 said:

I found the rubber/plastic one to fit small but the bangle one was too big.  

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I bought these: https://strapsco.com/product/clip-for-apple-airtag/

They are a perfect fit for the Medallion and I see zero chance of it coming loose. The clip is nice and tight. Currently there is a "buy 2 get 1 free" promo and they are available in a multitude of colors. I am extremely pleased with this clip and think I will like it a lot when we cruise.

they look very good.... and they ship international, so that's a plus!