Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

On 10/5/2021 at 10:27 AM, FLCruiser97 said:

Do you think the presentation (show) and menu is different at Le Petite Chef on Millennium  We went to Qsine on EQ and enjoyed it.

Which menu did you have?

It should be the same show.   Scott posted pictures of his meal from Equinox and looks to be same as the show for days 1-4.   They have the original Lobster and Steak on the other nights. 

25 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Ditto on the Retreat furniture here on the Summit.  I've been spending my time anywhere else, usually Rendezvous.  Makes me feel bad for the concierges.

Agree.  This was the original Munchkin seats

333250FB-CD5F-4468-A68A-C3ADA7F93805.thumb.jpeg.732c2ffbd3db3baaddce9a211aeee9f0.jpeg

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just got notification that we will not be sailing from the Cruse Terminal as I thought. 

Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier
1000 N Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA 92101

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Celebrity Millennium® for your 8-night Pacific Coastal cruise vacation, departing San Diego, California, October 11, 2021. Before we set sail, we have some important information to share.

Please note, check-in and boarding will take place at Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier. To ensure you are arriving to the correct cruise terminal, please use the following address:

Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier
1000 N Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA 92101

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to providing you an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

That will be much nicer! Not too far south from there, (past the Midway and next to The Fish Market Restaurant), is a Bob Hope Memorial. It is fun and different! I don’t want to spoil the surprise so won’t go into detail. Enjoy your cruises!

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We decided to downgrade to a Aqua Class so we could have the same room for both cruises.

Hey Jim, 

I am so excited to follow another journey x2 that you and Iain are taking.  It was good to read how comfortable you felt returning to cruising on your last voyages.  So much so that you added these last minute bookings.  If you stay in Aqua Class I will look forward to seeing the Blu menus and presentations.  I am curious to see if you make as many of your choices off the main dining room menu as much as you did in Luminae.  I have always found the food great in all of the venues on board, but a few of those on the Luminae menus sound just plain unappealing.  I always find it comforting to know I can fall back on my old standby French onion soup every single night if I choose to.  Looking forward to all of your wonderful photos.  Loving the comparisons you have made so far also.

Bon voyage to you both. 

Paul

Edited by Stem to Stern

8 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Hey Jim, 

I am so excited to follow another journey x2 that you and Iain are taking.  It was good to read how comfortable you felt returning to cruising on your last voyages.  So much so that you added these last minute bookings.  If you stay in Aqua Class I will look forward to seeing the Blu menus and presentations.  I am curious to see if you make as many of your choices off the main dining room menu as much as you did in Luminae.  I have always found the food great in all of the venues on board, but a few of those on the Luminae menus sound just plain unappealing.  I always find it comforting to know I can fall back on my old standby French onion soup every single night if I choose to.  Looking forward to all of your wonderful photos.  Loving the comparisons you have made so far also.

Bon voyage to you both. 

Paul

Thanks Paul -  We have done Blu before and also enjoyed it.  The menu's are different but we usually make choices off the Children's Menu (available in all restaurants) and MDR menu when available.  While all the food is good when doing B2B's it get's  to be repetitive as the start from day one on each cruise.

On Equinox I had a Grilled Cheese Sandwich from the Children's menu.    They made a really tasty one.  Their 4 ounce Filet  is also very nice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

@Jim_IainThanks for the reminder about the children's menu.  A grilled cheese sandwich sounds simply supreme.  I could not tell you when I last had one.

It was really nice with a Tomato Soup.   They used two types of cheese on it and was definitely yummy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking forward to sailing on Millennium again on 10/19.  This is my view of the port, taken on 02-02-21 during a short stop for resupply last winter.

The "old" terminal is hidden by the ship.  The Broadway pier is visible just behind it, and the USS Midway behind that.  As Jim says, everything is close.  Before I moved to San Diego I would fly in, take the free shuttle to the Holiday Inn (now the Wyndham), and wake up the next morning to see the ship (usually Celebrity Century back then) docked directly across the street.  Then just a short walk to check in.

Jim, I'm in Aqua class as well, so I look forward to seeing you in Blu (unless you get your upgrade).

ML In San Diego 02-02-2021.JPG

6 hours ago, funatseascott said:

I didn’t take pictures of the whole menu but have pictures of the food and some parts.  The theme was 4 seasons.  Salad to start (I don’t eat salad so they brought me French onion soup), pasta for 2nd course (truffled 5 cheese ravioli), steak for 3rd course (Steak Frites) and Green Tea Matcha Cake for dessert (ice cream for me).

87BED420-7D5E-4460-BC9D-0DADF8BC8074.jpeg

3110E143-E145-46AB-98F3-4D760B1A9728.jpeg

B177C45F-AA1A-4F09-833C-EE0D64AD2DCD.jpeg

583A281F-F855-4A0F-9E63-C4A7416D73AD.jpeg

C0DFC10B-9C9F-4976-832C-40365E7ADB6C.png

DFF7A1B4-E507-4ACA-ADE7-560333F6A975.jpeg

That’s the menu we had on the Edge, not our cup of tea.  The steak was very tough.  Left before dessert.  The highlight of the meal was the salad.

Edited by Oville

4 hours ago, BridgeBabe said:

I think the furniture is what I miss most about MIcheal's Club. The furniture was so comfy.  Spent a lot of time there. .now not so much in the Retreat.  I love the concept, not the execution! (I have my cat helping me so sorry with the typos!)

I miss the furniture and the service.  In my view, the new Retreats are not an improvement.  Perhaps that is why they are mostly empty.

2 hours ago, brucefann said:

That will be much nicer! Not too far south from there, (past the Midway and next to The Fish Market Restaurant), is a Bob Hope Memorial. It is fun and different! I don’t want to spoil the surprise so won’t go into detail. Enjoy your cruises!

You really must make time to visit the Bob Hope Memorial.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Which menu did you have?

It should be the same show.   Scott posted pictures of his meal from Equinox and looks to be same as the show for days 1-4.   They have the original Lobster and Steak on the other nights. 

Our shoreside Retreat Suite Concierge sent us the 3 menus for Le Petit Chef.

Le Petit Chef and Family - MENU#3.pdf Le Petit Chef and Friends Menu - MENU#2.pdf Le Petit Chef Menu Extraordinaire - MENU#1.pdf

2 hours ago, Ravbo said:

Thanks much. Very helpful.   

The one I had not seen was Menu #2 which is Sea Bass and Chicken.    While I think I would enjoy it, it seems like the most boring.

Hi Jim - looking forward to following along again.  We're on the Millennium this December.  I learn so much from everyone's input - particularly as we're new to Celebrity.

And there's no such thing as a "downgrade"!  A cruise is a cruise!  Right now I'd be happy anywhere on the ship (so anxious to get going).

Thank you again for having us all as invited guests on your travels.

13 hours ago, ddr said:

I'm looking forward to sailing on Millennium again on 10/19.  This is my view of the port, taken on 02-02-21 during a short stop for resupply last winter.

The "old" terminal is hidden by the ship.  The Broadway pier is visible just behind it, and the USS Midway behind that.  As Jim says, everything is close.  Before I moved to San Diego I would fly in, take the free shuttle to the Holiday Inn (now the Wyndham), and wake up the next morning to see the ship (usually Celebrity Century back then) docked directly across the street.  Then just a short walk to check in.

Jim, I'm in Aqua class as well, so I look forward to seeing you in Blu (unless you get your upgrade).

ML In San Diego 02-02-2021.JPG

Love the picture.   You really get a nice perspective of San Diego.

9 minutes ago, CruiseNYC said:

Hi Jim - looking forward to following along again.  We're on the Millennium this December.  I learn so much from everyone's input - particularly as we're new to Celebrity.

And there's no such thing as a "downgrade"!  A cruise is a cruise!  Right now I'd be happy anywhere on the ship (so anxious to get going).

Thank you again for having us all as invited guests on your travels.

LOL -- tell Iain that.    After having the great opportunity to travel in the PH has jaded him.   We will have a wonderful time regardless.   I've all but given up on the idea we will be upgraded as they close upgrades 48 hours before the cruise.  

• Like 1

Well it's Friday morning and we are busy getting ready.

I know I mentioned this before, but we decided we would get a house keep as soon as we finished our last cruise.    I finally found a good recommended one and talked to her yesterday.   She wanted to come today but I told her we were going away and she could start in November.   She seemed pleased.

I guess many of you are like us and can't have a house keeper come until we clean the house.   After almost 2 years of covid isolation we have been working our tail off getting the place at least decent.    There will be much for her to do but 2 years of detritus had to be arranged.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Tomorrow is going to be home Covid Testing.    In preparation we have watched the video posted on the Covid AG testing thread.     We created our accounts on Navica and have the tests laid out on the dining room table.

I get up early so will probably be completed with mine by the time drags himself out of bed.

2 minutes ago, CruiseNYC said:

Jim - it's going to be fabulous!  I have another question that I'm sure someone will be able to help with:  if you're traveling in a cabin/suite that includes all specialty dining, does that include Le Petit Chef?

Thank you!

Yes it does.   I also asked about Sushi on 5 and told that it was also included.  

I was told by the Retreat Hosts that the only thing that is not covered was the Chef's Dinner which there is a pretty hefty surcharge for.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Well it's Friday morning and we are busy getting ready.

I know I mentioned this before, but we decided we would get a house keep as soon as we finished our last cruise.    I finally found a good recommended one and talked to her yesterday.   She wanted to come today but I told her we were going away and she could start in November.   She seemed pleased.

I guess many of you are like us and can't have a house keeper come until we clean the house.   After almost 2 years of covid isolation we have been working our tail off getting the place at least decent.    There will be much for her to do but 2 years of detritus had to be arranged.  

Too funny!  We have had a housekeeper for the past 5 years and OMG it is delightful.  Dreaded day is Tuesday before she arrives, I think I clean it more before she arrives on Wednesday to her job.  She always jokes with me that she should give us a rebate because there is not a lot of work for her to do.  I tell her changing the bed/doing that laundry and cleaning our two baths is the best money I ever spend!  Enjoy...

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes it does.   I also asked about Sushi on 5 and told that it was also included.  

I was told by the Retreat Hosts that the only thing that is not covered was the Chef's Dinner which there is a pretty hefty surcharge for.

And unless you have a ton of OBC I would skip it. Not impressed at all and I should be for a dinner that including wine is over $200  PP..Total flop imo

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BridgeBabe said:

And unless you have a ton of OBC I would skip it. Not impressed at all and I should be for a dinner that including wine is over $200  PP..Total flop imo

I have been to the Original Chef's Table and was really worth the surcharge.   We tried the Chef B's version and was really not to our taste.