Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It may vary by port but currently most of the Caribbean Islands require that 100% of adults must be vaccinated or the ship can not dock.    This was the reason Celebrity shifted from  the CDC 95% Vax rule in the Carribbean.

I'll let you know how different it may be in the California Coastal -   the documentation I have received required that 100% of adults be vaxed.

i was excited to see that most places were requiring vaccinations, I just had my vax dates added to my yellow card, too!   At one point Barbados was requiring a standard PCR test and specifying the type of nasal swabbing.  

My first notice was from Azamara that said the entire ship would sail vaxed, no exceptions!  That reservation had been made before they were sold, but the sale doesn’t have appeared to have changed much. 

It will be interesting to hear how the coast/states vary, if they in fact do.  

you explanation also explains why some lines are going to Mexico and Belize rather than some of the islands that require 100% adult vax.  That actual sways me to be sure I am visiting different countries/islands.   Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

With all due respect what MSC and Royal are doing has little effect on the rules   and protocol that Celebrity has issued.   Each cruise line has signed protocols with CDC to sail out of U.S. waters and they may not be consistent.  CDC regs state that the  passenger load must be "AT LEAST" 95% it doesn't say it has to be 95%

If you are sailing on Celebrity I would suggest you go to their Health at Sea section.     It has stabilized and seems to be consistent at the moment.

Agreed.  But when the 2 day requirement was first posted they weren’t all accurate.  I will indeed watch each specific lines requirements.  While I was impressed with MSCs rules in the Mediterranean I’ve been less so from the US.  I have friends from Celebrity that keep asking us to do MSC, so far I’m not swayed much.  Royal had been posting similar to Celebrity, so I’ll try them for that trip.  We were looking at new ports of call or ports near us, Celebrity hasn’t reached us yet, the last time I checked.  

2 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Jim,

when does your flight leave?  I’m anxious to see pics of the new terminal at the port even if new is really 8 years old! 

We are flying to San Diego on Monday at 9:20 AM.     Which terminal are you speaking of.    We will not be docking at the new terminal in San Francisco on this cruise.   We will be at the old wooden Pier 27.   Next cruise we are suppose to be at the new terminal. 

In San Diego we are going out of the Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier.

I've really been lame and hadn't started packing until this evening.    The suite cases are now fully packed and ready to be brought downstairs.

After watching the news about Southwest I'm really happy we booked on Alaska.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are flying to San Diego on Monday at 9:20 AM.     Which terminal are you speaking of.    We will not be docking at the new terminal in San Francisco on this cruise.   We will be at the old wooden Pier 27.   Next cruise we are suppose to be at the new terminal. 

In San Diego we are going out of the Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier.

I had in mind the San Diego terminal it’s been about 10 years since I was there to catch the Century to Hawaii. 

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

3 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Agreed.  But when the 2 day requirement was first posted they weren’t all accurate.  I will indeed watch each specific lines requirements.  While I was impressed with MSCs rules in the Mediterranean I’ve been less so from the US.  I have friends from Celebrity that keep asking us to do MSC, so far I’m not swayed much.  Royal had been posting similar to Celebrity, so I’ll try them for that trip.  We were looking at new ports of call or ports near us, Celebrity hasn’t reached us yet, the last time I checked.  

With all due respect, might I suggest that you start a new thread? Your hijacking of a totally unrelated thread to seek information about a wide variety of cruise lines, their protocols and the reasons behind their protocols far exceeds the acceptable level of thread drift.

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've really been lame and hadn't started packing until this evening.    The suite cases are now fully packed and ready to be brought downstairs.

After watching the news about Southwest I'm really happy we booked on Alaska.

Right now, what’s happening to several airlines I agree.  I was shocked at the high number of flights Southwest had cancelled.  

Jim and Lain, safe travels tomorrow,  you will be in San Diego in a blink of an eye. Cant wait to here your reports on the Millie.

I am sure you have those passports packed ha ha, at least your home is much closer to the airport than last time.

Norma

8 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

interesting.  Are you allowed to use antigen tests?  They are much faster and easier to get here. 

No, we had to go to a TA who oversaw us taking the PCR test, which was then collected and taken to a lab. Celebrity use Eurofins in UK, but if you don’t have one in your area, you can use another company and reclaim the costs, up to £100 p.p.

11 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

Jim and Lain, safe travels tomorrow,  you will be in San Diego in a blink of an eye. Cant wait to here your reports on the Millie.

I am sure you have those passports packed ha ha, at least your home is much closer to the airport than last time.

Norma

Can’t wait.  Awoke to a beautiful day. The first thing I did was check on our inbound flight.  happy to see she left 15 minutes early. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

You are sitting at the airport waiting to go on a cruise. I am sitting at Panera curbside waiting for a loaf of bread. Just doesn’t quite feel the same.

Norma

Yum.   Love fresh baked bread.  The excitement keeps building.  

• Like 1