Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

2 minutes ago, dianedebuda said:

Maybe the title change should be Not Lain instead of with an Eye 🤣

I can tell you.    I definitely know when a phone solicitor is calling.    Trying to wrap you tongue around 3 vowels is fun to listen to.      Maybe I should call him  EY-EN.    Believe me,  he also responds to Lain.

I mostly posted it as people were joking about it in my last thread.    

• Haha 2

Just now, dianedebuda said:

I've been lurking on many, many of your blogs, so have seen the Lain issue. 😁

Welcome.    Feel free to jump in.    Lurking is fun but even more fun if you participated.  We will be gentle.  LOL

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Looking forward to it.   Make sure you bring some warmer clothing.    We are currently having a cool front and day time temps are in the low to mid 60's but should warm up during the day.  

Will do!

Thanks!

We just got off of Millie today in Seattle. Millie had about 846 guests. Millie is going south with no guests. Staff said they will be working about 5 hours a day. Giving the staff some time off from us. Very nice of Celebrity. Suites and Aqua were just about fully booked. There were no guest on deck 11. Only one show in the theater at 9pm. We had one Zenith on board.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info
  • Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 11:23 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Sue, I remember that well.  Worked fine once I got a correct mouthpiece!  Although I think my snorkeling from boats days are over.  Too hard to climb back up the ladder!

Not worried about not being able to drive a golf cart, was just wondering if there were age restrictions.  Apparently not.  Would be much better than one of those Twizzies!

We live on a golf course (RARE IN CANADA!) with a golf cart in the garage.  No problem for anyone here driving a cart and several are 70+.  It wasn't new to us when we took the Bonaire excursion via cart....but driving along a semi highway with so much to see on either side was certainly different than our streets and golf course.  Lots of fun and can't imagine why there would be age restrictions.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Welcome.    Feel free to jump in.    Lurking is fun but even more fun if you participated.  We will be gentle.  LOL

Just off b2b millennium…. It was wonderful!   Looking forward to your reports, the crew is about to enjoy some much earned r&r after passing some serious inspections last week. 🙂

Hi Jim

If you do end up in Aqua I'm interested to hear if they space out the tables in Blu.

Pre-Covid we were about 18 inches from the table next to us. I'm not sure how they'd navigate fewer tables since there was always a wait if we wanted to eat between 7 and 8 and fewer tables would exacerbate that problem.

Hope you have 2 great cruises!

3 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

We just got off of Millie today in Seattle. Millie had about 846 guests. Millie is going south with no guests. Staff said they will be working about 5 hours a day. Giving the staff some time off from us. Very nice of Celebrity. Suites and Aqua were just about fully booked. There were no guest on deck 11. Only one show in the theater at 9pm. We had one Zenith on board.

Thanks for the update.   Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation.    The crew should be nicely rested by the time we board.

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Just off b2b millennium…. It was wonderful!   Looking forward to your reports, the crew is about to enjoy some much earned r&r after passing some serious inspections last week. 🙂

Sounds like another happy cruiser.    I can hardly wait.   We are prepped to do our Covid test tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chamima said:

Hi Jim

If you do end up in Aqua I'm interested to hear if they space out the tables in Blu.

Pre-Covid we were about 18 inches from the table next to us. I'm not sure how they'd navigate fewer tables since there was always a wait if we wanted to eat between 7 and 8 and fewer tables would exacerbate that problem.

Thanks for the information.   We probably won't be affected by close tables as we usually don't eat until 9:00 PM and it is usually in the process of emptying out.     It will be nice to see how they handle it though.

All the talk of San Diego just caught up to me. 
my wife and I had been talking about taking a short break and getting away from the house for a couple of days so I mentioned San Diego to her.  She said okay so we now have flight and hotel book for a four day trip to Sa Diego next month. 

We may even take the opportunity to go watch the Millennium come in and leave since we will be there over the weekend.  Unfortunately, our only booking on Millie was supposed to be March of this year and we all know what happened to cruises for that time of year.

7 hours ago, chamima said:

Hi Jim

We were on Millennium in August and dined in Blu. Tables were set up as they have been on previous cruises. We would dine after 6:30 and never had to wait more than about 5 minutes, the Maitre d was always able to accommodate our preference of not being in the middle of the dining room. Deck 11 was not being used for passengers on our cruise however, I believe it will be going forward (we were booked in an A1 on deck 11 for the Oct 11 cruise) until we upgraded.

• Like 1

Wish you both a safe and spectacular cruise experience.  We have sailed the Millennium twice. Once in Europe and once in the Caribbean.  Sailing close to home is fun as we have done two Hawaii cruises once circle island and once circle island then to the South Pacific.  That said, enough of us! I love your commentary and especially the food pictures!  Enjoy and please post the food pictures as I'm hungry!!!

On 10/3/2021 at 8:04 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

As another ancient over 70 person, that didn't seem to have stopped you from renting a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers.  I've got an ABC coming up, so am interested in that.  We did those Twizzies there one year--those are fine if you're the driver.  If you're in the back seat, you'd better be a good contortionist!  They were fun to drive, though.

Also over 70. Did Bonaire cruisers on our last Reflection cruise (Mar 2020).   Great way to see the island, go south first. The golf carts were in fabulous condition 

Looking forward to following along on another great adventure with a Jim & Iain!  Can’t believe you were on page 9 when I found it!!  We’re off on Royal’s Liberty out of Galveston on the 24th with family. Can’t wait to be on the ocean again 

19 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We live on a golf course (RARE IN CANADA!) with a golf cart in the garage.  No problem for anyone here driving a cart and several are 70+.  It wasn't new to us when we took the Bonaire excursion via cart....but driving along a semi highway with so much to see on either side was certainly different than our streets and golf course.  Lots of fun and can't imagine why there would be age restrictions.

To my knowledge there is no age restrictions on the Golf Carts in Bonaire when I booked directly with them..    I was never asked my age nor even a drivers license. 

14 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

There is no listing above for a PS on Equinox.  I know you can attest to the fact that they exist.  Strange.

I noticed that  in the site I obtained the table for.  Yes indeed there is a PS.

• Like 1