Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Comparison Time -   First up will be Specialty Dining.    The main difference is Equinox has Murano.   Other differences are the specialty restaurants are approximately 2X larger on Equinox

Millennium -

• Le Petite Chef
  • Tuscan Grille
  • Sushi on Five

Equinox

• Le Petite Chef at Qsine
  • Tuscan Grille
  • Sushi on Five
  • Murano

Do you think the presentation (show) and menu is different at Le Petite Chef on Millennium  We went to Qsine on EQ and enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Jim - Could you tell us if there is an expiration date on these test kits as we have several cruises booked in the next six months.  Thanks for all your helpful information.  Mike and Mary

Mine have a 9/21 expiration date but notice says 

FDA has extended expiration by 3 months. 

FDC9B67C-CDA7-43BC-A360-F748A179044B.thumb.jpeg.3eaf74bcfd8abc73f8bf70175b6cc503.jpeg

0D1E8706-FA84-4993-8E20-195348CA6E06.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Mine have a 9/21 expiration date but notice says 

FDA has extended expiration by 3 months. 

FDC9B67C-CDA7-43BC-A360-F748A179044B.thumb.jpeg.3eaf74bcfd8abc73f8bf70175b6cc503.jpeg

0D1E8706-FA84-4993-8E20-195348CA6E06.jpeg

Thanks, Jim.  It is surprising that these tests have such a short shelf life.  Obviously we should all only order what we currently need.  This is important information to know.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mike and Mary

3 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Do you think the presentation (show) and menu is different at Le Petite Chef on Millennium  We went to Qsine on EQ and enjoyed it.

I know they have at least 2 menu's and and shows.    The one I went to had Lobster or Filet,  

Le Petit Chef at Qsine menu

I noticed they have a video of the new menu -  Called 4 Seasons

celebrity-apex-le-petit-chef-1.jpeg

celebrity-apex-le-petit-chef-2.jpeg

celebrity-apex-le-petit-chef-3.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I know they have at least 2 menu's and and shows.    The one I went to had Lobster or Filet,  

Jim, 

We did the one with the lobster & fillet on the Millie in June. The food was very good, and we enjoyed the animation as well. 

8 minutes ago, parrothead33 said:

Thank you for not allowing me to go through Jim and Iain withdrawals.  This itinerary is on my to do list so can’t wait to sail it through your postings.  Safe journey.

Cheers.

Thanks for joining in.     Things are still falling into place.     Still don't have room assignments but  the least of my concerns so far. 

Covid test date will be Saturday and hope all goes well.   We have been tested a number of times and had our booster so all should be good.    I have a backup Rapid Covid Test location identified just in case.

• Like 3

I had to go over the the Central Valley today to take my daughter to a couple appointments.   Really worked out well.    She was due for her Covid Booster and when we went to get it they asked if she wanted a Flu shot at the same times.   10 minutes later we were done and on to the labs for some blood work.

Our weather in Northern California changed today from upper 80's do the high 60's.  That is not uncommon for this time of year in the SF Bay Area but a good time to suggest all to prepare clothing that can be layered.     Even in SF itself there are lots of micro climates and you can easily see a 20 degree shift by what area of the city you are in.  

SF is really a small city that is only 7 X 7 miles

On 10/5/2021 at 3:24 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Correct, there are 3 shows.  Each one is enjoyable as we saw all 3 this year.

10 minutes ago, funatseascott said:

Correct, there are 3 shows.  Each one is enjoyable as we saw all 3 this year.

Interesting indeed.    I've been looking for the 3rd menu but have not been successful so  far.  If you have it would appreciate seeing it.   Otherwise I'll try to shoot a picture of it while on the Cruise.

Just got notification that we will not be sailing from the Cruse Terminal as I thought. 

Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier
1000 N Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA 92101

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Celebrity Millennium® for your 8-night Pacific Coastal cruise vacation, departing San Diego, California, October 11, 2021. Before we set sail, we have some important information to share.

Please note, check-in and boarding will take place at Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier. To ensure you are arriving to the correct cruise terminal, please use the following address:

Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier
1000 N Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA 92101

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to providing you an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

She was due for her Covid Booster and when we went to get it they asked if she wanted a Flu shot at the same times. 

Our daughter, who works for the NHS was asked the same last week.

However, when we had our Booster yesterday, my husband asked if he could have the ‘flu jab as well and was told they didn’t have the shots for the over 65’s.😱

So another trip to the Drs on Saturday, when we have an appointment.

I just hope they have had the delivery; I should have had mine 2 weeks ago, but it was postponed due to non delivery.

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Our daughter, who works for the NHS was asked the same last week.

However, when we had our Booster yesterday, my husband asked if he could have the ‘flu jab as well and was told they didn’t have the shots for the over 65’s.😱

So another trip to the Drs on Saturday, when we have an appointment.

I just hope they have had the delivery; I should have had mine 2 weeks ago, but it was postponed due to non delivery.

I was told they didn't have flu shot at the particular medical center and were doing a drive through at another facility 25 miles away.     The also told me that Kaiser (my medical provider) had worked out a deal with all the major grocery stores and drugs stores that are offering shots to offer at no cost to patient.

When we arrived for the Covid they asked if we wanted a Flu shot also so of course said yes.    When she got the shot they had to go to the back room and get her flu shot as all they had was the Senior High dose out.   I guess since they are vaxing mostly 65+ was the reason.

Later when we went for lab work I noticed they were doing flu shot on mobile carts to anyone that wanted them.    So much for their messaging.

Getting lots done.     We finally had a room assigned yesterday.    We decided to downgrade to a Aqua Class so we could have the same room for both cruises.   While it isn’t usually permitted with the cancel up to 48 hours they allowed and issued a refund.  

who knows.  We may still get an upgrade.  

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 1:31 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I have decided to fire up this thread a week early this time as I am actively planning since we booked on such short notice.  Something we have never done before.

After returning from our last cruise I still had the itch to get back to cruising.   When I saw the Pacific Coastal cruises I suggested to Iain that we take one and he responded only if we can do a B2B.  Minutes later I was contacting a new agent and getting some quotes.   

We had a problem with an agent we used for the past 4-5 years and decided to use an agency we booked 4 cruises with that were cancelled.    The problem was that neither Agent OBC credits ever showed up and I eventually had to contact Lisa's office to help out.   Near the end of our cruise with time running out they gave me a "Good Will" non-refundable credit and applied to a couple cruises in March 2022.  Not ideal but was a good solutions to a problem that had gone on for 2 weeks.

Enough of that and on to brighter subject.

The two Millennium cruises are identical.     Embarkation and Disembarkation are in San Diego with an overnight in San Francisco then stops on Catalina Island and Ensenada.   We live about 35 miles south of San Francisco. 

image.png.3043df8ac8416e5505df8afbb481b079.png 

image.thumb.png.358f48a53709394ce6523ebac78c308c.png

It seems crazy to visit a port so close to home but we always have a great time and sometimes you have an opportunity to do things only tourists do in you own backyard.

I can always help if you need it.  Let me know.

So looking forward to your next 'live from' on the Millie!  I realized that after your Millie BTB, it will be a long time before you will start a new 'live from'.  Don't know if I can wait till the Spring, so could you please maybe book something while onboard Millie?  Think of it as a public service to all those of us who can no longer cruise......

• Like 3

The weather in Northern California has turned cool.  High today 67 and low of 53.  SF to have a high of 60 and low of 52. 

looks like we may have a warm up come by the time the cruise overnights in SF. Very typical of this time of year. 

DF5CA567-C54C-482F-8936-DE5132D985BF.thumb.jpeg.d5fe58fe37efa54c32ee36bb740bbf47.jpeg

Out walking on the Stevens Creek Trail.  This is one of my favorite stretches.    There is a grove of California Coastal Oaks.  

A9F895C9-EAC2-4F94-A7D0-3845F7DF79A2.thumb.jpeg.e171d17b859d9cb43038fe663090baaa.jpeg

The  Coastal Live Oak is very different from those in other areas.    The leaves are really small and they get most of their moisture from the fog.   The acorns are also tiny.   I. This grove there  were about 30 squirrels 🐿 foraging.   Was fun to watch. 

47C15D25-3702-4701-B8D1-DB7A322577D8.thumb.jpeg.9a31deab6f2a4a8890b8b8d80a562c8f.jpeg

• Like 7

On 10/3/2021 at 3:46 PM, Northern Aurora said:

We didn’t attend any of the evening shows in the theater.  On our B2B they were doing just a 9 PM show, so it will be interesting if the capacity on your cruises will be high enough to support a 7 PM show in the theater too.  

But we found that when we left Luminae in the evening, as we headed upstairs to Cellar Masters to listen to live music, we could hear live music in the RendezVous too.  Sometimes we have found that we had to search for live music, but not on those two sailings.  Other evenings there would be a dance band in the RendezVous while Magnifica was playing out side the Martini Bar.  Also it seemed to us that there was more live music in the Cafe al Bacio.

Gerry

BridgeBabe here:

Will be following along.  We were on Millie in September and really loved the "new" Millie.  Agree about the uncomfortable furniture in the Retreat. Don't understand that since they want you to hang out there and not many do because of the furniture. Go figure!

Anyway, we will be on the May 3 PC and are so excited to sail along with you!.. We will be in a RS for the first (and probably last)time. so also interested in info about that. Excited to cruise with you.

We loved all the live music as well and Magnifica was my favorite!

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting indeed.    I've been looking for the 3rd menu but have not been successful so  far.  If you have it would appreciate seeing it.   Otherwise I'll try to shoot a picture of it while on the Cruise.

I didn’t take pictures of the whole menu but have pictures of the food and some parts.  The theme was 4 seasons.  Salad to start (I don’t eat salad so they brought me French onion soup), pasta for 2nd course (truffled 5 cheese ravioli), steak for 3rd course (Steak Frites) and Green Tea Matcha Cake for dessert (ice cream for me).

87BED420-7D5E-4460-BC9D-0DADF8BC8074.jpeg

3110E143-E145-46AB-98F3-4D760B1A9728.jpeg

B177C45F-AA1A-4F09-833C-EE0D64AD2DCD.jpeg

583A281F-F855-4A0F-9E63-C4A7416D73AD.jpeg

C0DFC10B-9C9F-4976-832C-40365E7ADB6C.png

DFF7A1B4-E507-4ACA-ADE7-560333F6A975.jpeg

3 hours ago, BridgeBabe said:

BridgeBabe here:

Will be following along.  We were on Millie in September and really loved the "new" Millie.  Agree about the uncomfortable furniture in the Retreat. Don't understand that since they want you to hang out there and not many do because of the furniture. Go figure!

Anyway, we will be on the May 3 PC and are so excited to sail along with you!.. We will be in a RS for the first (and probably last)time. so also interested in info about that. Excited to cruise with you.

We loved all the live music as well and Magnifica was my favorite!

They really had some misses on the furniture in the complete Revolution.    Originally they had these little chairs, dubbed the Munchkin Chairs that no one except a 12 y.o. would fit into.     I understand they replaced them and moved the Munchkin Chairs to the Camp at Sea.  

38 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They really had some misses on the furniture in the complete Revolution.    Originally they had these little chairs, dubbed the Munchkin Chairs that no one except a 12 y.o. would fit into.     I understand they replaced them and moved the Munchkin Chairs to the Camp at Sea.  

That's what happens when you look at form only and not form and function.  Really good designers consider both.  I'll let you draw your own conclusion from that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

That's what happens when you look at form only and not form and function.  Really good designers consider both.  I'll let you draw your own conclusion from that.

I think the furniture is what I miss most about MIcheal's Club. The furniture was so comfy.  Spent a lot of time there. .now not so much in the Retreat.  I love the concept, not the execution! (I have my cat helping me so sorry with the typos!)

• Like 3

Petite Chef -

I was just looking on the Celebrity App -  It appears they have 2 menus

First menu which Scott posted pictures of with Truffeled Five Cheese Ravioli and Steak Frites is served days 1-4  and the  1/2 Lobster tail  / Filet on day 5-7.

The Alternate menu look to be the same on both menus.

20 minutes ago, BridgeBabe said:

I think the furniture is what I miss most about MIcheal's Club. The furniture was so comfy.  Spent a lot of time there. .now not so much in the Retreat.  I love the concept, not the execution! (I have my cat helping me so sorry with the typos!)

Ditto on the Retreat furniture here on the Summit.  I've been spending my time anywhere else, usually Rendezvous.  Makes me feel bad for the concierges.