Lobster Roll

Ohio Bucki

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I asked for it with butter, instead of the mayo and celery. Just ate the top and left most of the buns.

Twice  I love lobster.

They'll do it buttered?? Hooray!  Menu didn't look particularly interesting tonight, I think we're sold!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, med2cruise said:

Is the Seafood Shack on all of the Carnival ships? I am on the Pride in a couple of weeks and don't think I have ever seen that on one of their ships.

I believe it is called the Seafood Corner on Pride.

7 hours ago, med2cruise said:

Is the Seafood Shack on all of the Carnival ships? I am on the Pride in a couple of weeks and don't think I have ever seen that on one of their ships.

Unfortunately, the Seafood Shack is not on the Pride. I'll be on the Pride in 11/22 and is disappointed the Seafood Shack is not on the Pride. 🚤

3 hours ago, CoolOne56 said:

Unfortunately, the Seafood Shack is not on the Pride. I'll be on the Pride in 11/22 and is disappointed the Seafood Shack is not on the Pride. 🚤

I am pretty sure it is already on the Pride.  There are photos posted in a recent live review that show it.

7 minutes ago, Mallow said:

I am pretty sure it is already on the Pride.  There are photos posted in a recent live review that show it.

It's not on any of the Spirit Class ships.  I guess with all of that extra space to passenger ratio that many like to brag about, there was no extra space available.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/seafood-shack

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CoolOne56 said:

The Seafood Shack is not on the Pride, however the Seafood Corner is. It's setup on the Lido buffet for dinner only...something like 5pm-10pm. Enjoyed the lobster rolls and a couple other items on there last week.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ohio Bucki said:

I will be on the Horizon in a few weeks and was thinking of trying the lobster roll.

For those who have tried it at the Seafood Shack, what is your opinion.🦞

Not my favorite lobster roll. I wouldn't go back for it. Too much bread and mayo. The lobster itself was good. I'd probably customize it the way some others suggested, which I didn't know you could do when I got it. 

The ones we had on the Horizon and Vista back in '18 and '19 were as good--and cheaper- as the one I had at Logan Airport's Legal Seafood in '18.    Based on posters are saying here,  seems like they added more mayo as filler.   Certainly these aren't close to 5 Islands or McLoon's or Reds but if you like lobster rolls, worth trying.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

The ones we had on the Horizon and Vista back in '18 and '19 were as good--and cheaper- as the one I had at Logan Airport's Legal Seafood in '18.    Based on posters are saying here,  seems like they added more mayo as filler.   Certainly these aren't close to 5 Islands or McLoon's or Reds but if you like lobster rolls, worth trying.

That was your problem, you had a Mass lobster at Legal.  I'll stick with boiling my own at the lake for $8-9 to get about 3/4 pound of meat for each lobster roll.

• Like 1