The Daily for Saturday October 09, 2021

richwmn

Good morning friends!  Finally a morning with no rain to stop us from walking to the gym.  We spotted a few interesting things on our route.  When we first stepped outside there was a huge spider on the sidewalk (tarantula size) we had to step over.  Then halfway there we saw a fox running across the road and into the woods along the sidewalk so we moved into the golf cart lane to put some space between us.  On the way home we saw an armadillo waddling around by the sidewalk so moved again into the golf cart lane and made a little noise to get him to turn around and head away from the road.  I wonder what we will see next?!  Our only plans for the rest of the day are to pick up our groceries and do the weekly laundry.  Yawn...🥱

Today's port is a beauty and we enjoyed it in both August and October of 2018.  First on Seabourn Quest and the second time on the Rotterdam.  @dfishI don't suppose you were on the final Canada/NewEngland Rotterdam cruise that began in Montreal and ended in Tampa, were you?  That was an enjoyable journey.  

I see we have pork chops again today, though two totally different recipes.  Today's looks good.  Thanks Debbie for going to all the trouble of finding not one, but sometimes up to three different recipes for all our tastes.  Cheers to Leif Erikson, fire prevention, and curious events!  I enjoyed the quote.  Pass on the drink and wine.  

@cat shepardwhen I read of your friend's side effects from her chemo treatments, I thought that is one strong woman.  Prayers for her continued recovery from her cancer and the painful treatments to cure her.  

Thank you @richwmnand @rafinmdfor your contributions today.  Our prayers for those on our Care list and congratulations to everyone on the Shout Out list celebrating their good news.  Have a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Only been to Quebec once - via auto in 1978 when DD and DS were preteens. One of the places we visited was Citadelle of Québec where we observed one of their daily ceremonies with a band. To our English-speaking ears, an oft repeated phrase was "Don't mess around!" We told DS this was directed to him and reminded him of it several times the rest of the trip. It has become a family catch-phrase.

• Like 12
  • Haha 6

Good morning all. Sun is out today after several gloomy and rainy days.

we disembarked at Quebec City from our transatlantic journey when we immigrated from Germany in 1952. I was 2 so remembered nothing! I did not make it back until 2009 on our maasdam Canada New England trip. Loved the city and returned by car in 2017.  My parents were 22 when we landed in 1952, had a 2 year old and a one year old with them, spoke neither French nor English and somehow made their way by train to Windsor Ontario. I don’t know if I would have had the guts to do that at 22!

prayers to those who need them. Will raise a celebratory glass later to the celebration list.

• Like 25

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you Graham.

Her white & red blood cell count crashed and the inside of her mouth was so painful that she could just barely take in ice water. She lost 13 more pounds that she could ill afford to lose, so her doctor wanted her on a feeding tube under 24 hour care. 

Thankfully she pulled through this - she is a feisty, spirited, strong woman! Helped by everyone’s prayers and good wishes. 

Ouch.

She is a strong and very brave lady and deserves to be clear of cancer and to enjoy life.

I will personally say a prayer for her in church tomorrow.

I have previously mentioned our care list to our vicar David and he has said personal prayers for our group as well.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.It was quite cool earlier while dog walking and will only get to the mid sixties today.It is an interesting  set of days and an interesting quote.

Thanks @dfish,for the trio of recipes.I am going to try the first one tonight.I have to get to the market anyway so can find some nice pork chops.

The first time I went to Quebec City was on a trip with my all girls Catholic High school.I remember the long ride on a bouncy school bus and the nuns as chaperones.We stayed in the Chateau Frontenac.It was February  and unbelievably  cold.We did go to the falls and shrine and walked around the city.I still remember  the snow piles at intersections. 

Years and a lifetime later we returned on BHB's twice and enjoyed the weather in May and September. 

Terry

• Like 18

Woke to many hunters  putting huge boats in across the river at 3:30 this morning.  Guess it was practice for tomorrow.  Thanks Rich and all who post to this thread. Good morning.  Boarding passes printed so I'm ready to go. Dinner sounds good. I went out and got a picture of the steam on the river. It must be about 50 and the air before sunrise was 30. Made for a good fall scene. 

fall.jpg

• Like 27

Buenos Diaz from Cabo San Lucas. Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful but very warm day.

First, we received strawberry chocolates from Guest services than candy treats from MDR for not having any medium and rare prime rib. Yesterday, our balcony hot tub broke so I told Concierge we’re getting fatter so will just accept additional days from now on!😁

Found out last night in place of those wooden cocktail spears they are using uncooked pasta spears. Reducing waste. Still no corkage fee and the reason during the transition from wine stewards to wait staff they have been kind of turning their heads to make it easier on wait staff. That policy will not last long.

Today we are going on a Salsa and Salsa tour. Make different salsas, drink margaritas and learn to Salsa Dance. 

The hot tub is fixed so we may try that after tour. Have I mentioned we are having a great time!

Thanks to all.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Thank you for the Daily Rich, and thanks to everyone who contributes. Peace, prayers, cheers, and blessings to my Daily family.

We were on NCL in 2019 in Quebec. Love the city. Our hotel got us a private tour driver and took us all day driving and to wineries. So much fun. 

We just had a pork chop lunch yesterday smothered in mushrooms and a bourbon glaze. Tonight is sushi downtown.

We are leaving now for a Sun City garage sale headed by Kiwanis, then to our Farmers market. 

Wishing everyone a lively, lovely weekend. 

0912191434.jpg

0912191510_HDR.jpg

0913191347-EFFECTS.jpg

0917191332.jpg

EFFECTS.jpg

0912191314a~2.jpg

• Like 27

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

Woke to many hunters  putting huge boats in across the river at 3:30 this morning.  Guess it was practice for tomorrow.  Thanks Rich and all who post to this thread. Good morning.  Boarding passes printed so I'm ready to go. Dinner sounds good. I went out and got a picture of the steam on the river. It must be about 50 and the air before sunrise was 30. Made for a good fall scene. 

fall.jpg

That is quite an interesting and pretty photo.  Thanks for taking and posting it today!

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning. Thank you for the Daily Rich, and thanks to everyone who contributes. Peace, prayers, cheers, and blessings to my Daily family.

We were on NCL in 2019 in Quebec. Love the city. Our hotel got us a private tour driver and took us all day driving and to wineries. So much fun. 

We just had a pork chop lunch yesterday smothered in mushrooms and a bourbon glaze. Tonight is sushi downtown.

We are leaving now for a Sun City garage sale headed by Kiwanis, then to our Farmers market. 

Wishing everyone a lively, lovely weekend. 

0912191434.jpg

0912191510_HDR.jpg

0913191347-EFFECTS.jpg

0917191332.jpg

EFFECTS.jpg

0912191314a~2.jpg

Very, very nice photos of a great memory in your lives.  Especially the one of you and Allen.  So sweet together.🥰

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Sam is returning early from our daughter’s house because he says he’s missing me. That means we will be here for two nights with no aide and I’m a bit nervous about it but hopefully it will be ok.

I understand your nervousness, Carol.  I hope all will be good 🙏🏻 

• Like 9

@dfish Debbie we loved St Ann's. The crutches and canes hanging on the pillars moved me. I had some beautiful pictures inside and out of the basilica..

However..

I had gotten a message saying I needed to buy more space for my pictures on my computer and I put it off and lost many pictures from 2017 to 2020. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@dfish Debbie we loved St Ann's. The crutches and canes hanging on the pillars moved me. I had some beautiful pictures inside and out of the basilica..

However..

I had gotten a message saying I needed to buy more space for my pictures on my computer and I put it off and lost many pictures from 2017 to 2020. 

What a shame 😢 Sad to lose pictures of precious memories.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1