Who has booked for Alaska 2007?

sea_u_onboard

My DH and I are booked on the Celebrity Mercury, sailing out of Vancouver, on June 29, 2007. We are SO EXCITED to be going to Alaska for the first time, and we have a balcony - which is also a first for us.

I have been reading on all of the awesome things to do and see, and we just can't wait to be sailing! I think it will kind of neat celebrating the 4th of July in the state of Alaska!

This is the cruise we are on! It is me, my husband, 17 year old daughter and 16 year old son. I'm so excited I can hardly wait. 7 months seems so far away!

SoccerMom#3 -

So glad to hear that you will have teenagers on the ship too. :) My daughter will be almost 15 and my son will be 17.

After changing my booking three times, I have finally decided on the Radiance May 18 sailing to Alaska. I booked my airfare (great deal) so now I am committed! Now I only have 7 months to decide what excursions to book. Decisions, decisions, decisions... Cindy

Hi we're on this one too...Are you doing a cruise tour? Elsie

Elsie, Welcome aboard! I was on the Radiance repositioning cruise in September and it is an absolutely gorgeous ship. Make sure you come over to the roll-call board and sign up for the meet and mingle as well. There are only a few of us so far but hopefully the numbers will grow as we get closer. Unfortunately I am not able to take the time to do the land tour (this time) so I am splurging on excursions instead. Cindy

SoccerMom#3 -

So glad to hear that you will have teenagers on the ship too. :) My daughter will be almost 15 and my son will be 17.

I was glad to see that there are other teenagers on the ship also. I was afraid given that it is Alaska and early in June there wouldn't be any other teenagers.

Now we just have to figure out which excursions we want to go on. So many choices :)

We are booked for the May 21 sailing via Coral Princess for Alaska. THis is my first time on Princess havingh previously sailed on RCCL. So I really hope that Princess is as good as the Navigator of the Sea ship from RCCL. Any wisdom that you all can part with about going to Alaska and being on the Coral Princess is appreciated.

CincinnatiGal

RCCL Navigator of the Seas 10-28-06

Princess Coral Princess 5-21-07

CincinnatiGal - The Coral is not as big as Navigator. I would put the Coral in the same class as perhaps the Vision class for passenger capacity - Coral & Island max at 1970 passengers. I sailed on the Island Princess which is the sister to the Coral. It is a beautiful ship, just doesn't have nearly the bang that Navigator does (or any Voyager Class ship) - but having sailed Island Princess for 15 days - I can tell you that Coral will be a nice ship Alaska. But you won't have things such as the rock wall, ice skating rink or promenade.

I do envy you for having sailed NOS, as that is the ship that I REALLY want to sail on.

If you want to check out my photos link for my Hawaii trip below, you can see some pics of the sister to the Coral.

CincinnatiGal - The Coral is not as big as Navigator. I would put the Coral in the same class as perhaps the Vision class for passenger capacity - Coral & Island max at 1970 passengers. I sailed on the Island Princess which is the sister to the Coral. It is a beautiful ship, just doesn't have nearly the bang that Navigator does (or any Voyager Class ship) - but having sailed Island Princess for 15 days - I can tell you that Coral will be a nice ship Alaska. But you won't have things such as the rock wall, ice skating rink or promenade.

I do envy you for having sailed NOS, as that is the ship that I REALLY want to sail on.

If you want to check out my photos link for my Hawaii trip below, you can see some pics of the sister to the Coral.

Thank you, good sailing to you and your family! I now am starting to get excited for our upcoming trip on the Coral Princess. You will love RCCl and the Navigator of the Seas.

CincinnatiGal

Coral Princess 5-21-07

RCCL Navigator of the Seas 10-28-06

Thank you, good sailing to you and your family! I now am starting to get excited for our upcoming trip on the Coral Princess. You will love RCCl and the Navigator of the Seas.

You are welcome! I only hope that once I get DH to fly to Hawaii next year, that it will mean that he will easily fly to the East Coast, so we CAN cruise on her. I guess if I can get him to fly for a few hours over water, I can get him to do anything. ;)

We have, we have! We're booked on the Norweigen Star leaving May 26th. This is our first cruise to Alaska and I'm really excited about it.:D

We are booked for the same day you are! :)

But, alas...it is a different port (Seattle) and a different ship (Oosterdam).

We have been on the Star (Honolulu round trip) a few years ago...very nice ship and staff.

Enjoy your cruise...maybe we will "run" into each other during the week :eek

Cheers! :)

Archived