Celebrity Elite Happy Hour

Ozziecruiser

Regarding the new changes with the Captains Club. I understand that Elite happy hour is unlimited drinks from the happy hour menu between 5pm-7pm at any bar. 

With the new changes, are they now including happy hour on embarkation day as well?

7 hours ago, Ozziecruiser said:

Regarding the new changes with the Captains Club. I understand that Elite happy hour is unlimited drinks from the happy hour menu between 5pm-7pm at any bar. 

With the new changes, are they now including happy hour on embarkation day as well?

It has never been held on embarkation day or the day of the Captains party.

7 hours ago, Ozziecruiser said:

Just curious if you book under the AI plan?

1 minute ago, LEESRE said:

On the AI plan I see the cocktails and drinks the limit is 9 Dollars. Say you purchase a cocktail for 12 dollars do you pay the 2 dollar up charge? or the full 12 dollars.

Depends on if you have Classic or Premium, if Classic you pay the up charge diff and gratuity

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LEESRE said:

On the AI plan I see the cocktails and drinks the limit is 9 Dollars. Say you purchase a cocktail for 12 dollars do you pay the 2 dollar up charge? or the full 12 dollars.

In your example, "LEESRE," the difference is three dollars, rather than two dollars.  You will pay $3.60 -- the $3 difference plus a 20% service charge [often mistakenly referred to as a "gratuity"].

23 minutes ago, LEESRE said:

You pay $3.60 ($3 plus 20% gratuity) if you have the classic beverage plan. You pay nothing if you have premium.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We’re D+ on Royal and just booked our first cruise on Celebrity which matches our status as Elite I think?

The cruise includes the Classic AI pkg, but as Elite will we get Happy Hour drinks that would allow more than say the $9.00 for a glass of wine?

I have no clue how this will work. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re D+ on Royal and just booked our first cruise on Celebrity which matches our status as Elite I think?

The cruise includes the Classic AI pkg, but as Elite will we get Happy Hour drinks that would allow more than say the $9.00 for a glass of wine?

I have not been on a Celebrity cruise since 2019 so there might be some changes.  In the past I am sure there was no wine on the Captain's Club Happy Hour menu that would have cost more than $9.00.  I don't believe the Happy Hour drink menu listed prices,   just the beverage available.   In my opinion the Happy Hour wine is not very good, yes free, but not good.  If we had the classic drink package I would always ask for the chardonnay off that menu rather than the  Happy Hour menu.  There was some difference.  I would often pay the up charge for a glass from the Premium menu.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jmfdr said:

I have not been on a Celebrity cruise since 2019 so there might be some changes.  In the past I am sure there was no wine on the Captain's Club Happy Hour menu that would have cost more than $9.00.  I don't believe the Happy Hour drink menu listed prices,   just the beverage available.   In my opinion the Happy Hour wine is not very good, yes free, but not good.  If we had the classic drink package I would always ask for the chardonnay off that menu rather than the  Happy Hour menu.  There was some difference.  I would often pay the up charge for a glass from the Premium menu.  

I remember the wine in the Royal D lounge was always the same and not good. We’re so much happier now that we have the drinks loaded on our card each day because we can get much better wine now as well as mixed drinks that were never offered in the lounge.  
it doesn’t look like Celebrity has made that same change. I would rather have up to 5 better quality, better variety drinks allowed, than unlimited so-so drinks. Not that I drink 5 drinks, but they’re better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

The HH elite drinks are from a set menu and it is available in most of the main bars.  It used to include some drinks/wines that were not included in the Classic drink package.  As mentioned it may have changed.  It is worth checking out when you get in board.  I always have the Premium drink package, so I do not recall the specific drinks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

The HH elite drinks are from a set menu and it is available in most of the main bars.  It used to include some drinks/wines that were not included in the Classic drink package.  As mentioned it may have changed.  It is worth checking out when you get in board.  I always have the Premium drink package, so I do not recall the specific drinks.

This was the Elite and above Happy Hour menu used on Silhouette in August 2021.

ECC7EC6A-A2A5-479F-BC4B-7DC92392019A.thumb.jpeg.455804dba3d2ea556233eea16137c84f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Yes you will be elite. You will get unlimited CC HH drinks loaded on your Seapass card (like pre covid cruises) from 5 to 7:PM. Currently no CC HH event held. IMO, CC HH drinks are the same quality as the C&A drinks served in the DL. IMO, since you have AI (CBP) the CC HH drinks are nice to have but no biggie. Bigger variety of wines and other drinks with the CBP than the CC HH menu.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That's the correct HH drink menu for the whole fleet.

And it has been the same since we started cruising in 2013!  I really wish they would follow Royal's lead instead of limiting you to 2 hours of not very exciting cocktails and cheap wine.

50 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

And it has been the same since we started cruising in 2013!  I really wish they would follow Royal's lead instead of limiting you to 2 hours of not very exciting cocktails and cheap wine.

Agree, the all day allotted C&A drinks loaded on our Seapass cards is nice and no longer stuck with the limited DL beverage menu. I'd like to see Celebrity bring back the CC evening HH in the Sky Lounge like RC has done with the C&A HH (3.5 hrs.) in the DL in the evening. Drinks ordered during the C&A HH go against your allotted drinks loaded on our Seapass cards and still have the snacks. 

32 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree, the all day allotted C&A drinks loaded on our Seapass cards is nice and no longer stuck with the limited DL beverage menu. I'd like to see Celebrity bring back the CC evening HH in the Sky Lounge like RC has done with the C&A HH (3.5 hrs.) in the DL in the evening. Drinks ordered during the C&A HH go against your allotted drinks loaded on our Seapass cards and still have the snacks. 

With Always Included everyone has drinks included all day and night. No drinks loaded on your Seapass unless your reservation dates to 2019 or you booked a Sail only fare that is occasionally offered 90 days before sail dates.

I'll miss the HH in the Sky lounge if they don't start it for our cruise next month.   We usually travel with two other couples and it was our meeting spot before dinner for a cocktail and snack.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

With Always Included everyone has drinks included all day and night. No drinks loaded on your Seapass unless your reservation dates to 2019 or you booked a Sail only fare that is occasionally offered 90 days before sail dates.

That's correct. And a good reason the evening CC HH still could be held in the Sky Lounge like the evening C&A HH in the DL. 

Edited by davekathy

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

We will be diamond level on Royal Caribbean when we sail on Celebrity next year.  We have a sail only fare.

My question is:  are sodas served in the can or fountain?  I like to drink 1 soda a day after lunch.  So if I can get a can and keep it until the next day, that would be perfect for me.  As you can see, I am a light drinker and would not benefit from a drink package or always included.