The Daily for Sunday October 17, 2021

richwmn

Today is National Pasta Day, Wear Something Gaudy Day, Mulligan Day, and Forgive an Ex Day

Never fight an inanimate object. - P. J. O'Rourke

Meal suggestion for today - Maple Rosemary Pork Tenderloin

Drink of the Day - Mojito Blanco

Wine of the day - Kettmeir 2019 Pinot Bianco (Alto Adige) Northeastern Italy

Destination of the Day - Cobh (Cork) Ireland

Ships with Passengers

Koper, Slovenia
Eurodam 09:00 - 21:00

Panama Canal
Nieuw Amsterdam 00:00 - 24:00

San Diego
Koningsdam California 07:00 - 16:00

Ships without Passengers

Amsterdam
Rotterdam

At Sea Pacific
Westerdam Destination Los Angeles eta 10/17
Zuiderdam Destination La Paz MX eta 10/18

Augusta IT
Volendam Anchorage

Corfu GR
Zaandam

Port Everglades
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Puerto Vallarta MX
Noordam

Rotterdam NL
Oosterdam

1017NAmerica.thumb.png.b3cf78027bee6b5f79553f998a07a08b.png

1017Europe.thumb.png.2066c22a104d2473fe55e09aa3d3d9d3.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

Good morning all and thank-you Rich for our daily report.  Maybe the pork tenderloin with a side of pasta?  I’ll pass on wearing something gaudy as I’m going to church in a bit and I think the rector would think I was losing it.  Fortunately I don’t have an ex to forgive.  I wonder if Rourke ever used a computer?  Much easier said than done.  Today’s drink sounds refreshing.  Haven’t been to today’s port yet and can’t wait to see the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event.

• Like 21

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  A great collection of days; forgiveness is often the first step in healing.  I love the O'Rourke advice.  Cobb was my first port of call in my modern association with HAL.  The Maple Rosemary Pork Tenderloin sounds nice.  My alternative is Coconut Nutmeg Soup, Grilled Turkey Breast, and Mixed Berry Tart as served on MS Amsterdam October 17, 2017.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo
StLouisSal not hearing from friend with liver transplant
RIP StLouisSal’s support group member
1Angelcat awaotomg biopsy
Safe travels for Quartzite Cruiser
Covid in JAM37's family
From the rotation:
NextOne DDIL with long haul Covid
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts

3 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Aliaschief in Pinnacle Suite
Cruising-along, Vict0riann, VMaxx1700, sailingdutchy / NextOne,12cruise2/ AncientWanderer,  Sharon, lindaler, and lazey1  at sea
4 days for Gail&Marty and Rotterdam
Progress on Seasick Sailor’s renovation
Bon Voyage Lady Hudson (Oasis OTS)
Surprise refund for Rich
Great family dinner for smitty34877
Great vax day for New Zealand
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

dishes17a.JPG

• Like 26
  • Thanks 7

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

We had pasta last night but the pork sounds good.  I'll try and find something gaudy to wear.  Love the idea of Mulligan Day.  I don't have an ex to forgive.

Interesting quote.

The drink of the day sounds good, hope the wine is too.

I haven't been to today's port, looking forward to seeing pictures.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  A toast for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 17

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! I will be wearing my BRIGHT red Red Sox Nation tee to the gym this morning.That should be gaudy enough. 

Roy thank you for keeping our lists. Hope you enjoyed your symphony. Morning Dailyite family. Busy here today. Celebrating a 14 year old’s birthday. It is a gorgeous 64 degree morning here. The sun is just lightening the Eastern horizon. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone! Especially you @JAM37

Kettmeir 2019 Pinot Bianco (Alto Adige)

I used the 2019 vintage’s reviews here, but both the 2019 & 2020 vintages share the same excellent ratings and reasonable prices. I found a few online distributors with prices starting at $19.98.

Winemaker Notes

#92 Wine Enthusiast Top 100 of 2020

Its straw yellow color with faint greenish highlights leads us into a floral fragrance of wisteria and a fruity sensation of green apples. The flavor is dry, with good acidity, and it is persistent and delicately mineral.

Ideal for light hors d’oeuvres, it is also an excellent foil for fresh water fish, seafood soups and asparagus.

WE91 Wine Enthusiast
Hawthorn and yellow pear aromas form the nose. The aromas segue over to the smooth, crisp palate, along with white peach, baking spice and a hint of white almond. Vibrant acidity lifts the creamy, delicious flavors. Editors' Choice.
JS90 James Suckling

Aromas of green apples and some pears with stone and smoke. Medium body, creamy texture and a minerally finish. Very pleasant to drink now.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8

Quick post of the drink of the day.

Mojito Blanco:

6 Mint, leaves of Fresh
1 sprig Mint
1/2 oz Lime juice, Fresh
1/2 oz Simple syrup
1 oz Club soda
1 1/2 oz Don julio blanco tequila

Put Tequila, Lime Juice, and Simple Syrup into the cocktail shaker. 3. Add ice and shake vigorously. 4. Add club soda, shake once, and pour into a glass ...

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 7.51.13 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

7 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Quick post of the drink of the day.

Mojito Blanco:

6 Mint, leaves of Fresh
1 sprig Mint
1/2 oz Lime juice, Fresh
1/2 oz Simple syrup
1 oz Club soda
1 1/2 oz Don julio blanco tequila

Put Tequila, Lime Juice, and Simple Syrup into the cocktail shaker. 3. Add ice and shake vigorously. 4. Add club soda, shake once, and pour into a glass ...

Muddle the 6 mint leaves in a cocktail shaker before adding other ingredients. Use the sprig of mint as garnish.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

The Koningsdam should be arriving within the hour and hopefully we are able to view it on:

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/california/sandiego/harbor/?cam=sandiego

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, everyone.

The desktop, laptop, and tablet are still on the outs with CC so I am stuck with one finger typing on the Kindle.  

Today's meal reminds me of Sunday dinner when I was a kid.  Sunday dinner was always special.  The weekday might be hot dogs, but Sunday was worth being around for.

The Kindle is taking me to some different places for recipes.  Please bear with me.  https://www.canolainfo.org/recipes/maple-roasted-pork-tenderloin-with-rosemary

mapleroastporktenderloinwithrosemary2.thumb.jpg.001e0bccd30abaa6dc7a6772fe61082b.jpg

https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/rosemary-maple-pork-tenderloin/

Screen-Shot-2019-10-22-at-10_47.42-AM.png.14677f681cf6773d6ec0fdc7c88764f4.png

Off to the pool. Prayers for those in need and a shout out to those celebrating.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

Good morning everyone. It’s 51 degrees here now and going up to 64. We’re going to visit our dying friend in our old home town today, about an hour away. Our daughter is taking us and we are leaving the aide here. At first I told him he can go anywhere but realizing he isn’t fully vaccinated, I am going to tell him to hang out here.

Yesterday, 8:of our friends from the development came to our yard and we sat outside for several hours. So great for us both to have some company.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Blessed Sunday morning. Thank you Rich for our Daily. Thank you Roy for the prayer and celebration lists. Prayers out to @JAM37.

Pasta day: just had it last night and it turned out great. I like mojitos and the wine sounds good too. Top it off with a great recipe from Debbie on the pork.

image.png.ef13702537af026ac45bb27895c432b1.png

I was given a birthday brunch yesterday at our neighbors. There were about 30 people and enough food for the whole neighborhood. A beautiful fall morning it was too. I'll be 67 tomorrow. (Where does time go... ) Going to my favorite restaurant for dinner with friends. 

It's 44 degrees out now, too cool to sit on the patio. A few cooler days, then back to mid 80's. Sat at the firepit with friends last night and listened to some Celtic music from our visit to Ireland a few years back.

Hoping tomorrow someone gets back to our renovation. I'd sure like to get our home back in order.

Wishing y'all a fine day. Blessings, Cheers and Prayers.

23965.jpeg

1016211032_HDR.jpg

1016211303.jpg

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Add photo
  • Like 32

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Sunday smile 🙂 

Great collection of days. Love that our port of the day is Irish to go along with Mulligan day. 👍

LOL on the quote - guess that means we shouldn’t fight the CC gremlin 😉 

Meal suggestion is a good one.  No tenderloin in the house - maybe I’ll slip out to my country market later to pick some up.

Dam dogs had me up way too early this morning several times so I ended up just trying to rest my eyes. Grrr.  Not feeling like the swiftest tool in the shed this morning 😉  I need to find something to smile about:

8E1B10C1-B2ED-4456-9A0B-6A19AE4EB1A3.jpeg.b41f0632587b7992b87fc4de96d5bbb8.jpeg

Absolutely adored the today’s port - Cobh.  We didn’t go to Cork but instead enjoyed Cobh.  I will find some of my pics and post.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!!!

86704451-D846-487D-897B-4F248342CA45.jpeg.363239c1a00199edc5604b24df110e9c.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 20
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I was given a birthday brunch yesterday at our neighbors. There were about 30 people and enough food for the whole neighborhood. A beautiful fall morning it was too. I'll be 67 tomorrow. (Where does time go... )

Happy Birthday tomorrow!

0E10770C-977B-48D8-8CE2-A35D464FB62B.jpeg.69f931c1561ecd8a0138aea557f8212e.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1