Onboard Majestic Observations & Thoughts - Mexican Riviera Oct 16, 2021

cruzin4us

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

@cruzin4usWill you be going to Harmony or The Noodle Bar?  If you do go will you please post lots of photos?

HARMONY - Specialty Dining: 

Tonight we ate at Harmony.  It is a Chinese restaurant that offers some unique items as well as some of the traditional Americanized Chinese food.   There are items like Mongolian Beef, Wanton Soup as well as some different items that most people don't seen in American Chinese Restaurants.

Ok.......I seriously wanted to like Harmony.   As I think I said somewhere in this thread, I will eat anything and try everything (except black licorice 🤮).   I've also said, food is very subjective so here's my take. 

The ambience was good, fresh orchids on the table, we had a window seat right at dusk.     We asked the waiter for suggestions.   Some we listened to, others we didn't.   He recommended the usual things like mongolian beef, Kung Pao Chicken, etc.   I asked him for some other suggestions so we could get the feel of the place.   

But I have to say, the meal wasn't good.  The vegetables were very overcooked they were soggy.   Nothing like quick fried in a wok.  The asparagus and bok choy were mushy and the tofu was so over cooked it was dried out.  The meat was like well done filet mignon chunks.     Even the 2 deserts he suggested weren't good.  

Here's what we ordered (I don't remember the exact names of the items on the menu and unfortunately they aren't showing up on the App like they should:

Appetizers:   

Cream Cheese Rangoon - nothing to write home about

Some noodle dish that have slices of overcooked vegetables

Soup

Pork Wonton Soup - The broth was delicious - The 2 wontons were good, nothing outstanding (this was my favorite part of the meal)  There were also some pieces of pork in the soup that appeared to be pork loin.  They were very tough and over cooked.

Side Dish:

Tofu with bok choy and a mushroom -  The mushroom was ok, the bok choy and tofu were very overcooked.

Main Course:

Lobster Dish - The lobster comes cut into about 5 pieces, the pieces come with shell so it's incredibly difficult to eat.   Don't recommend this dish at all

Steak over some asparagus, onions and peppers. - The steak was so tough I could hardly chew it.   It seriously tasted like very well done filet mignon.

Dessert:

Green Tea Cheesecake - It wasn't bad, but nothing to write home about

Mango Soup with a Scoop of Green Tea Ice Cream - This was definitely different.   The pureed soup tasted like mangos, and had chunks of bananas and strawberries in it along with tapioca balls.   

So, I left here shaking my head....seriously, I had super high hopes for this restaurant.   I definitely wouldn't pay to eat there again, and truthfully if it was free, I wouldn't eat there.  We cancelled our other reservation.

The Noodle Bar:

I haven't gotten there yet.  I scoped it out today.   It's on the agenda.

Here's some pics of the food at Harmony.   Hopefully, you can tell what the items are by my descriptions.

39DD9485-0ED1-4BA7-A1BD-B4C0F0C05E68.jpeg

E0D34BC2-6687-4868-B1F1-0663E4645A7E.jpeg

2468D88F-5CF0-4D40-BB35-F349107CB342.jpeg

23287E09-A2C4-485E-9F18-8F1D4E0A2074.jpeg

333C3CC9-D36A-4FE2-90BE-4FD839C15AB2.jpeg

9E179F38-09E0-497C-9CBE-5781E6EEB965.jpeg

366D9116-3015-40F6-970F-88059E6D7EED.jpeg

3368328E-9220-4B22-A15D-1BB15874BCB9.jpeg

Edited by cruzin4us
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Cabo:

We arrived in Cabo about 10:00 a.m.   We anchored and then the tenders started taking everyone to shore that wanted to go.   We stayed on ship and relaxed.   It was hot but not as hot as usual.  It cooled down in the afternoon when the clouds moved in.

They were using the tender boats that are located in Cabo which are more open than the lifeboats that are sometimes used.

We left Cabo about 8:00 pm.

Ok, he's a story for you.....this is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder if letting people roam around on their own is such a good idea.   Not meant for a debate, but here ya go:

I spoke with a woman today that went into Cabo (first time on a cruise, and first time in Cabo).   She heads over to Senor Frogs.....I mean who hasn't at some point (once).   She told me the bartender was going around giving every one drinks from the same bottle of tequilla (as in pouring directly into their mouths).   She told me he rubbed the bottle all over her body before doing so.   Argh.....where have people been the past couple of years?   Have people not learned anything?   

Tomorrow I'm getting a massage and we are going to the Chef's Table Dinner:   I'll take lots of pics.

Here are a few random pictures.    Oh, I got the iphone 13 max pro right before we left.   I'm not a photographer, but I'm blown away at the pictures this camera takes.  These outside pics were taken when it was almost dark.   I was just taking pics of some random stuff...not trying to be creative 🙂 

DCB58F64-EF38-4EAD-94DC-580EB267194D.jpeg

D476B00E-6371-41BF-99BD-0C021F937E72.jpeg

CAE6C1C7-D2DB-4D80-8F4B-7CAB51AACA7D.jpeg

DF096FB1-5323-461E-BD0B-548C7627AAD6.jpeg

34C15907-A276-4169-A8C0-46496E311C8A.jpeg

002B4F31-A63E-4380-A649-5E0C10B39ABD.jpeg

2E93A76F-8FA9-4CCB-9A56-3D3A44D46C46.jpeg

Edited by cruzin4us
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I have had nothing but problems here for the last few weeks. I sent an email asking for help and they told me how to delete the cookies and I’ve had to do it several different times. I have never had problems on this site before until several weeks ago.  It has been so bad I thought about leaving the forum.  I wonder what’s going on? 

I don't know. Like you I've only had this issue the last couple of weeks. For me using Firefox, if I don't see a "Submit Reply" box after clicking to reply, I just log out of CC, then immediately log back in, and then I am able to see the Submit Reply box and can successfully reply. Still it's a pain, I agree.

Doug

• Like 1

We booked Crown Grill for our first sea night next week... hoping its good as always.

After your review of Harmony,  we might need to change our reservation.....might go French instead.😋

As far as Noodle Bar....hope you have time to try it. 

Couple weeks ago we had 3 different kinds of the Daily special won ton soups, and they were ALL delicious.

• Like 2

I spoke with a woman today that went into Cabo (first time on a cruise, and first time in Cabo).   She heads over to Senor Frogs.....I mean who hasn't at some point (once).   She told me the bartender was going around giving every one drinks from the same bottle of tequilla (as in pouring directly into their mouths).   She told me he rubbed the bottle all over her body before doing so.   Argh.....where have people been the past couple of years?   Have people not learned anything?   

What The 

White Guy Blinking GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 4

We embark this coming Saturday for a B2B.  What time are the shows?  We are trying to figure out what time to eat dinner.  I love the before dinner shows.  We were on the Majestic in Alaska in Sept. and we had it figured out, but I wonder if they changed the times.  

20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:
21 hours ago, WAussieSFO said:

We too are onboard. Boarding was a breeze even though our Princess.com and Medallion Class accounts are messed up.

Sorry for the large text in

my previous post. I copied and pasted it from a note as I was having issues posting on CC and by the time I realized it was too late to edit.

I’m using my phone so I’ll just upload some pics of the International cafe.  This is one of my favorite places to get a small bite to eat.  Small salads, great sandwiches and desserts.  They offer a soup of the day.  Today it was potato leek.  This is also the place you can order your specialty coffees.  Located on deck 5 foreword.  

4168D392-7AD0-4B19-912B-B5896BD9D613.jpeg

0C24A848-D5A6-465F-828C-DE683049A584.jpeg

A1135ECF-A7ED-43B6-8ACE-4100C71AF066.jpeg

078F4DD5-6D9A-4598-8DB9-16C9195935DC.jpeg

38DB4CD1-0D29-4660-9774-57506263A8A6.jpeg

87F46A91-52F2-453D-8473-D3A1395AA22C.jpeg

987417E2-D68D-45F4-BEBC-C1C04BF2C3D9.jpeg

8BBBBF3D-FF90-426A-A078-8E176C6CBED5.jpeg

• Like 7

Lotus Spa

Today I had a 75 min Swedish Massage.   When I was faced down on the massage table I was able to remove my mask (still kept wrapped around my ears)  There was a towel attached to the headrest to provide a barrier of sorts.   When I flipped on my back I was asked to put my mask back on.   By this time I was about asleep so it was no biggie.

As always, they try to sell you something which really ruins the relaxation of a massage.   This always irritates me.    I know it's going to happen and I try to prepare myself before hand, but it still is letdown after such a relaxing massage.

I purchased the massage prior to boarding and booked it for a port day so it was cheaper.  I think it was $159.   Once I boarded the ship, the gratuity of 18% (I think) was then added to my account.  This was before I even had the massage.  Anyway, just  be aware because they will subtly try to get a larger tip when they ask you to sign the receipt (which was already paid for months ago).  

I'm posting this for first time cruisers because it takes you by surprise if you aren't prepared for it.  They will sell you $100's of dollars of product in a blink of an eye and you will leave asking yourself "What the heck just happened"?

762234F9-79FE-4A66-9A43-34CA224D6A1F.jpeg

C0E64BC5-57CE-447C-859F-AE93E67D316F.jpeg

B17E5D4E-EFE9-495D-8DF0-50F9DD316112.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Noodle Bar:

I had the pork wonton soup at the noodle bar which is located by the pool.   They had 3 dishes available.  There wonton soup,  a vegetarian version of soup, and a lo mien.   It was piping hot and too hot to eat on deck.   Mazatlan is very hot and humid today, so I took it to the cabin to consume.

There were 2 large wontons, some bok choy, and some ramen type noodles.  They have some addtional toppings which they will add upon request.   Off the top of my head they included:  Sesame Oil, Sesame Seeds, pork floss, bean sprouts, shaved bonito, cilantro, scallions and chives.   Of course I had them add everything.

The soup was good.  The won tons were large and flavorful.   The bok choy was cooked perfectly.   The soup bar would definitely be a hit on Alaskan cruises.   

I didn't eat it all because we are going to the Chef's Table tonight and I'm trying to save room.

1FAC8992-8A11-48EC-8A8D-76FF3F49EF94.jpeg

453F25DF-AE14-4A0A-A10A-774315723001.jpeg

CA3563A3-DEA0-4262-B4A3-7ED3124BD971.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

Lotus Spa

Today I had a 75 min Swedish Massage.   When I was faced down on the massage table I was able to remove my mask (still kept wrapped around my ears)  There was a towel attached to the headrest to provide a barrier of sorts.   When I flipped on my back I was asked to put my mask back on.   By this time I was about asleep so it was no biggie.

As always, they try to sell you something which really ruins the relaxation of a massage.   This always irritates me.    I know it's going to happen and I try to prepare myself before hand, but it still is letdown after such a relaxing massage.

I purchased the massage prior to boarding and booked it for a port day so it was cheaper.  I think it was $159.   Once I boarded the ship, the gratuity of 18% (I think) was then added to my account.  This was before I even had the massage.  Anyway, just  be aware because they will subtly try to get a larger tip when they ask you to sign the receipt (which was already paid for months ago).  

I'm posting this for first time cruisers because it takes you by surprise if you aren't prepared for it.  They will sell you $100's of dollars of product in a blink of an eye and you will leave asking yourself "What the heck just happened"?

762234F9-79FE-4A66-9A43-34CA224D6A1F.jpeg

C0E64BC5-57CE-447C-859F-AE93E67D316F.jpeg

B17E5D4E-EFE9-495D-8DF0-50F9DD316112.jpeg

😄 they tried on me. I told them it gives me a rash and bad gas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Marketplace Buffet

I usually don't eat much in the buffet, mostly because I'm either already stuffed or I'm trying to become too stuffed before dinner. 

However, I was meandering thru the cafe trying to get to the elevator so I took a few pics.  Tomorrow I'm heading to the grilled veggies and going to pile them on a hamburger....unless something else grabs my attention first.   Maybe more on this tomorrow 🙂

3F9B31A7-857B-44FD-88B5-231A245726DE.jpeg

43048816-E6BD-4DDB-8B58-8D937CC355B3.jpeg

55660D52-F90D-42AB-9173-82D142DA7E4E.jpeg

03BEB936-C895-4908-A73C-ACBCE617117E.jpeg

CD346205-18BA-48A0-8C8A-F53021F8B93C.jpeg

5B6B3459-59A6-49DC-A63D-758B106134E7.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’m on Majestic now. I make sure to schedule dining to enable me to catch sunsets and sailaways. The late shows start at 9:30, so I go to those to get good seating with distancing. The noodle bar and Alfredo’s are great. The buffet mimics a lot of the MDR menu, such as chilled soups served in little glasses and the incredible pistachio creme  brulee, so I do an early-evening sampling snack before a later MDR meal. No mask policing or sip and cover, and many maskless at shows. Great dolphin show sailing into Cabo outside on deck 7. Interesting art tour—walk all the stairwells. Low-flow short shower wands make a shower difficult—you have to detach the wand and hold it. Part of Chinese-market design choices, like a tiny gym by the buffet and no real promenade or running track—people do walks all over. Best part of design—Hollywood Conservatory, with topiary, cabanas, xylophones, and great views, and it’s free. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rj59 said:

I’m on Majestic now. I make sure to schedule dining to enable me to catch sunsets and sailaways. The late shows start at 9:30, so I go to those to get good seating with distancing. The noodle bar and Alfredo’s are great. The buffet mimics a lot of the MDR menu, such as chilled soups served in little glasses and the incredible pistachio creme  brulee, so I do an early-evening sampling snack before a later MDR meal. No mask policing or sip and cover, and many maskless at shows. Great dolphin show sailing into Cabo outside on deck 7. Interesting art tour—walk all the stairwells. Low-flow short shower wands make a shower difficult—you have to detach the wand and hold it. Part of Chinese-market design choices, like a tiny gym by the buffet and no real promenade or running track—people do walks all over. Best part of design—Hollywood Conservatory, with topiary, cabanas, xylophones, and great views, and it’s free. 

Our shower head works really well.   We can raise the arm to adjust for height.   I'm 5'11" and I adjust the arm so I don't have to duck to take a shower.   Doesn't yours do this?

• Like 1

Here's a couple of tips:

The carpet on the starboard side is red and and the port side is blue.   Just in case you get lost and are wandering up and down the halls.  Also, all the starboard rooms are odd numbered cabins and the port side are even numbered cabins.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 9:24 AM, yoshi said:

Cruzin4us,

Thank you for your live posts & comments, we are looking forward to an upcoming December Majestic Mexican Riviera cruise too.

I am interested in your excursion comment copied below:

Excursions:  I can only speak regarding Cabo and this came from a gentleman that was booked on the horseback riding and pirate ship.  Both excursions were cancelled and the assumption was because there was no testing of the locals for Covid.   I may find out more later on this.

Can you let us know if any of the ship excursions are possible or if we are allowed to book private, non-ship excursions in the ports?

Enjoy the remainder of your cruise, I hope it is healthy and wonderful!

We did a local tour today in Mazatlan 

3 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

Here's a couple of tips:

The carpet on the starboard side is red and and the port side is blue.   Just in case you get lost and are wandering up and down the halls.  Also, all the starboard rooms are odd numbered cabins and the port side are even numbered cabins.

And if you REALLY get lost...283608792_OpticalIllusionCruiseShipHallwayCarpet.thumb.png.7634fe6944218aef8bda9fdbfd57fa05.png

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

Here's a couple of tips:

I believe Majestic has the new style carpeting in the halls and the red and blue indications are quite subtle.

10 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

We embark this coming Saturday for a B2B.  What time are the shows?  We are trying to figure out what time to eat dinner.  I love the before dinner shows.  We were on the Majestic in Alaska in Sept. and we had it figured out, but I wonder if they changed the times.  

This morning the app’s JourneyView showed the nightly shows for the cruise we’re sailing with you…7:30 & 9:30 in the Princess Theater.