The Daily for Monday October 18, 2021

richwmn

This is a busy thread today, thanks everyone for all the information.

@kazu tragic news about the firefighter.     Appreciate all your photos of Tarragona, thank you.

@1ANGELCATgood luck with your appointment tomorrow.

@smitty34877sorry to learn of Tana's set back,  best wishes for her improvement. 

Happy Birthday to @Seasick Sailorand @SusieKIslandGirl.

Unsettled weather again today, some rain, a touch of blue among thegrey clouds, temperature 10 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

We disembarked the beautiful Koningsdam yesterday and almost didn't make our flight.  After waiting in line for an hour I was beginning to panic a bit (a lot according to Craig).  Thank goodness for a very thoughtful port agent who let us in the line ahead, otherwise it would have been another 45-60 minutes.  I'm sure other passengers weren't so happy that we were put ahead of them, even though we were given permission.  However, the next agent wasn't so kind......I felt like I got scolded much like in school for doing something wrong.  Okay so disembarking in San Diego is not the same as it was in Seattle just 6 weeks ago where we just practically walked off in 10 minutes.

I won't be posting much over the next week, I'm off to a women's retreat on Thursday in Houston.  I need to remind myself not to book two trips back to back.... a cruise yes, but not different trips. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

We disembarked the beautiful Koningsdam yesterday and almost didn't make our flight.  After waiting in line for an hour I was beginning to panic a bit (a lot according to Craig).  Thank goodness for a very thoughtful port agent who let us in the line ahead, otherwise it would have been another 45-60 minutes.  I'm sure other passengers weren't so happy that we were put ahead of them, even though we were given permission.  However, the next agent wasn't so kind......I felt like I got scolded much like in school for doing something wrong.  Okay so disembarking in San Diego is not the same as it was in Seattle just 6 weeks ago where we just practically walked off in 10 minutes.

Wow!  So sorry to hear San Diego has not improved disembarkation wise.  It was a mess when we were there years ago and thankfully for us, it was only turnaround day.  Had to wait at least an hour to get off the ship.  Everything was backlogged.  The next time was improved only because we had a separate exit for those who were on turnaround and not disembarking.

6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I won't be posting much over the next week, I'm off to a women's retreat on Thursday in Houston.  I need to remind myself not to book two trips back to back.... a cruise yes, but not different trips. 

Safe travels and enjoy your time at the retreat.

• Like 5