Just received a robocall from Princess telling me that my Medallion App info is incomplete

CineGraphic

I've only been trying to input our credit card info for more than 6 months, made numerous calls, sent several emails, etc....all to no avail.

It just cant get any more pathetic than this.

Would someone please take me out behind the barn and put me out of my misery!?

My most recent experience.  CSR over the weekend could not help me because Ocean Navigator department was closed.  Really nice guy.  Suggested that I call when Princess first opens and the queue is not "that" long.

So I did that.  Set my alarm for 7:55 AM.  Did a test call. Yup, Princess still closed.  Called back at 8 AM.  Had to "mansplain" to CSR what I needed to do before she would connect me to Ocean Navigator.  Even then, she got it incorrect and I had to explain again why I needed their help.  

Entered near expiring credit card

Green Lane/received Medallion

Blue Lane kicked out near expiring credit card

Tried to re-enter new card with distant expiration date on APP

NO CAN DO....couldn't save it

Spent two hours with a very nice Ocean Navigator who couldn't get past my same problem.  Told me just to show up, go through blue line, and have Pier enter my credit card information.

In the meantime, she would escalate my issue to their IT department (the guys that created the app).  I would not have "priority" even though my cruise is just around the corner.  Minor problem compared to those still trying to get app ready.

In the meantime, I receive 2 emails from Princess telling me to make sure I have all my green check marks to get on board the fastest way.  One even said to be sure I am finished or I may be denied/delayed boarding.  Ocean Navigator "assured" me that I would not be denied boarding for a credit card issue.

I haven't document the hours spent on this app, but I am wondering if I have spent more time with Princess online/chat/phone than will actually be on the ship.....

I give up and will take @Bgwestadvice and just move on.  Not worth the agony of defeat.  Even tried to have cabin mate authorize me on her card....she couldn't do it.  

• Like 1

I do not answer (robocalls) or calls that do not show up on my caller ID.  Do you have a number.  So far,, I've received unanswered calls from:

510-804-3479

206-672-2522

213-293-0833

None left a voice message.  How are we suppose to know to answer these "important" calls?  I am waiting to hear from Ocean Navigator that they fixed my problem.  But I will not answer an unidentified caller ID.

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I do not answer (robocalls) or calls that do not show up on my caller ID.  Do you have a number.  So far,, I've received unanswered calls from:

510-804-3479

206-672-2522

213-293-0833

None left a voice message.  How are we suppose to know to answer these "important" calls?  I am waiting to hear from Ocean Navigator that they fixed my problem.  But I will not answer an unidentified caller ID.

This one clearly showed up as Princess Cruises on my iphone, so it must be a number the phone recognizes, as I have an app "Robokiller" that screens calls for me from numbers not on my contacts list.

31 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I gave up a few weeks ago.....the robocall just added insult to injury, that's all.

11 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We got the same call for our Nov 6th cruise.  It has not shown up on our app yet.  The Medallion folks have been "working" on it for a month!

I guess we'll just show up at the pier with our documentation.

I hope that you did not give the Nigerian Prince your new credit card information.

I treat every robo call like it is a phasing scam

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My most recent experience.  CSR over the weekend could not help me because Ocean Navigator department was closed.  Really nice guy.  Suggested that I call when Princess first opens and the queue is not "that" long.

So I did that.  Set my alarm for 7:55 AM.  Did a test call. Yup, Princess still closed.  Called back at 8 AM.  Had to "mansplain" to CSR what I needed to do before she would connect me to Ocean Navigator.  Even then, she got it incorrect and I had to explain again why I needed their help.  

I have found calling the PVP line and not using an extension will result in the call being quickly picked up by a PVP who is on "roving call duty".   Explain to the PVP who answers the problem and they will help resolve it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

I have found calling the PVP line and not using an extension will result in the call being quickly picked up by a PVP who is on "roving call duty".   Explain to the PVP who answers the problem and they will help resolve it.

Thank you for your suggestion but this was something that needed to be fixed by the Navigator.  I have tried several avenues, but since I am working with a travel agent, PVP's would not take my calls (I think).  I am good...just frustrated at Princess).  I WILL get on this ship.

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I've only been trying to input our credit card info for more than 6 months, made numerous calls, sent several emails, etc....all to no avail.

Are you putting it in  MM/DD/YYYY  or  DD/MM/YYYY.  Some systems require the US others the European order.  Some systems require you to actually type in the "/" yourself. Other systems have the year as YY i.e. only the last two figures.  Also when you put the three digit code on the back should you be using American Express it is the four digit front number not the back number. Another requirement/security issue some credit card companies require is your name is exactly as it appears on the card e.g.   JOHN SMITH,    MR J SMITH,   J R SMITH etc.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

23 minutes ago, john watson said:

Are you putting it in  MM/DD/YYYY  or  DD/MM/YYYY.  Some systems require the US others the European order.

There is one field to fill in the month (two digits) and another field to fill in year (also two digits)

My card is clearly shown as the default card, and is in the system. The app just insists that it's not there, even though everyone can see it.

Someone from the Medallion department spent an hour today trying to get the app to recognize the fact that the card is already on file, and failed. I'm simply showing up at the pier with my documents, and let them deal with this debacle.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

There is one field to fill in the month (two digits) and another field to fill in year (also two digits)

My card is clearly shown as the default card, and is in the system. The app just insists that it's not there, even though everyone can see it.

Someone from the Medallion department spent an hour today trying to get the app to recognize the fact that the card is already on file, and failed. I'm simply showing up at the pier with my documents, and let them deal with this debacle.

Same here.  I can see it.  They can see it...It just won't "register".  Thank you for sharing this with me.  I already feel better.  Are you Blue Cleared?

9 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Same here.  I can see it.  They can see it...It just won't "register".  Thank you for sharing this with me.  I already feel better.  Are you Blue Cleared?

We are in the "blue lane".

The sad thing is, I've used the same info for 6 reservations, and only 1 of them, a cruise we're taking in January, shows everything as being complete. Nobody knows why, and nobody seems to really care.

Edited by CineGraphic

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We got the same call for our Nov 6th cruise.  It has not shown up on our app yet.  The Medallion folks have been "working" on it for a month!

I guess we'll just show up at the pier with our documentation.

As far a printed documentation, in the absence of a boarding pass (because the worthless app is... well... worthless), what are people using during this twilight zone of the Medallion app? The travel summary? We always carry printed backup copies of virtually everything but have never shown at the port without a boarding pass (paper or digital).

28 minutes ago, joepeka said:

As far a printed documentation, in the absence of a boarding pass (because the worthless app is... well... worthless), what are people using during this twilight zone of the Medallion app? The travel summary? We always carry printed backup copies of virtually everything but have never shown at the port without a boarding pass (paper or digital).

Ocean Navigator tells me that my "app" with the QR Code (blue/green or other) is your boarding pass.  Those without a smart device?  I don't know what you would do.  I am guessing you show up and someone will direct you to wherever.  Do you at least have a medallion?

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Ocean Navigator tells me that my "app" with the QR Code (blue/green or other) is your boarding pass.  Those without a smart device?  I don't know what you would do.  I am guessing you show up and someone will direct you to wherever.  Do you at least have a medallion?

No, our cruise isn't until next Spring but I was just wondering what pax, who cannot complete check-in via the app, are using right now when they show up at the port. As to the Medallion, we're far enough along that the Medallions are ordered and should arrive a few weeks prior to embarkation. 

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you for your suggestion but this was something that needed to be fixed by the Navigator.  I have tried several avenues, but since I am working with a travel agent, PVP's would not take my calls (I think).  I am good...just frustrated at Princess).  I WILL get on this ship.

I have never booked using a PVP but have found them helpful with resolving problems.  No harm in trying to speak with one and asking them to put you through to an Ocean Navigator.

3 hours ago, joepeka said:

So I had green lane when we showed up in August, but the room where we queued up did not have wifi or phone signal, so while waiting in line, I am desperately trying to get my app to show the boarding pass.  Get to the front and he says "we don't need that" and he just took our names and found us on his tablet, gave him our passports, results from COVID test, vaccination records, reconfirmed our answers to the medical questions answered no more than 24 hours previously, and we were good to go.  No boarding pass and no app on my phone at that time required to check in!!  He had all our info.  Don't stress out anyone.  They will handle it all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I have just grappled with this issue.  Eventually I had to delete the account in the relevant area  i.e. my personal one.  The other passenger did not have an Ocean Ready Account.  So I opened a second credit card for them saved it and we are in the green lane.  Strangely when I deleted my account it was saved so we then had two cruisers on two separate credit cards.

Regards John