LIVE/Grand/Oct. 23 - Nov.1, 2021

HBCcruiser

@HBCcruiser Thank you for this thread.  Can’t hardly wait to board the Regal on 12/4!

I have started a thread on the Princess boards, 2021 Bar Menus, and would love it if someone could post them from the Grand.

@HaveDogWillTravel graciously posted the menus from the Majestic, but so far we don't have any from the ships that have the more "traditional" Princess bars (think Crooners 😉).  Here is a link to the 2021 Bar Menus thread   https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2805836-2021-bar-menus/

TYIA 🥂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Got onboard in 25 min. Empty ship right now. They f’ed up K’s medallion so we will have to stop by guest services. 

912F6F31-210D-4147-BC56-236C403A9BD8.jpeg

Nice that they put the new style carpet in the Suites (won't be in one of those).  Hope they get it done elsewhere soon as that old gold carpet with the circles is not good at all. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Corkage fee is now $20.

Ok so I brough all my wine right onboard no fee. My guess is if I drink it in the cabin I’m good. I’ll let you know. Course now that I posted this the Princess wine police will come a-knocking!😂😂

B4D294F0-708C-45E9-9964-A4A860782B78.jpeg

616AFF30-8C55-43E7-A145-75F4AAC661DC.jpeg

B429E7E7-E8D6-4AAA-BCC7-A1EB75606B15.png

EDED65DB-C67B-4B96-96EA-405293344766.png

2B8A762D-1694-4A16-960F-6DB9E55AE302.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, miagirl said:

have a great trip!  I get on her on Wednesday, the 27th.  wish I could be on a B2B, but the timing isn't right for me at the moment.  

it’s ok. We will warm her up for you!! See you onboard! 😎

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

FYI  I can’t post here using Medallion Net so we shall see how things go. 

I have been trying to get back to you for two days. I got home this morning so I can finally post again.

Yes there is club music late at night. DJ Lovely spins the hits from 11:45 till late in the Explorers Lounge. I could hear then until almost three this morning. I was on Caribe aft.

Have fun The internet works great except for CC. Have a great time! 

Oh, I found cookies at the IC last night after the show.🙂

• Like 1

@HBCcruiserI noticed the champagne in the small ice bucket. On the chance you weren’t aware, if you call room service they will bring you a proper wine bucket. Then I always ask my steward to please keep it filled with ice twice a day. 

@Sn0cruiserthat is the Grand suite on the Grand Princess. To my knowledge it is the only suite in the Princess fleet with its own  jetted tub on the balcony. There are 2 suites like this on the Grand L301 and L302. 
There is a separate hallway behind a door that leads to this suite and a few OV cabins. It is every bit as nice as it looks. There’s a you tube video out there I posted a few years ago of it as well. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sn0cruiser said:

Is that a hot tub on the balcony ?  I didn’t think Princess has any.  Which ship and suite is that ?

The GRAND has a couple of those - plus a fireplace.  Not on other ships, unless added to brand new builds.  Lido - Grand Suites.

ETA:  Simultaneous post with @HaveDogWillTravel.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 1:09 PM, CruzDayz said:

There hasn’t been one cookie in the buffet. Maybe they are at the IC. 

They are always in the IC. On the Grand Princess they are typically behind the counter and just ask for some. It used to be at about 4 PM a couple of staff would wander around the piazza with a tray of cookies and milk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Heading up to sailaway,

I have been trying to get back to you for two days. I got home this morning so I can finally post again.

Yes there is club music late at night. DJ Lovely spins the hits from 11:45 till late in the Explorers Lounge. I could hear then until almost three this morning. I was on Caribe aft.

Have fun The internet works great except for CC. Have a great time! 

Oh, I found cookies at the IC last night after the show.🙂