LIVE/Grand/Oct. 23 - Nov.1, 2021

HBCcruiser

10 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Digitally.   CVS prompts everyone to register — can’t recall if it is minute clinic acct or My Chart? The results will appear in your file and then you can convert to a PDF to your documents or send it as an email link to yourself.  I just took a screenshot.   

Minute Clinic is where you have your test at CVS. My Chart is the app. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

You're allowed to bring all those bottles onto the ship with you? Never sailed with Princess, so not familiar with their rules. Is there a corkage fee per bottle?

One bottle per person is free. After that their is a $15 corkage fee. 

Tom😀

3 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

Digitally.   CVS prompts everyone to register — can’t recall if it is minute clinic acct or My Chart? The results will appear in your file and then you can convert to a PDF to your documents or send it as an email link to yourself.  I just took a screenshot.   

Did Princess except your screen shot of your test results?

Tom🤔

14 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I’ll let you know tomorrow. 😎 @4cats4me may know too.

Thanks!  I’m also wondering if they will except my copy of my vaccine record on my phone vs showing the original card. I also have my state QR code on my phone. 

Tom😀 

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks!  I’m also wondering if they will except my copy of my vaccine record on my phone vs showing the original card. I also have my state QR code on my phone. 

Tom😀 

According to Princess the QR code will be accepted. I plan to bring my card anyway.

B1F8661E-21C9-47F9-9825-F5457B91E5DB.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Did Princess except your screen shot of your test results?

Tom🤔

44 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I’ll let you know tomorrow. 😎 @4cats4me may know too.

30 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀 

Well, ummmmmmm — I had paper copies just in case, but nobody asked to see ANY of my documents that day in Seattle.  I was shocked.   I offered to show and was shooed off upstairs and told docs would be checked up there.  They weren’t.  I tried to show.  They told me I was good to go onboard.  

I shook my head and boarded the ship.  

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Wow! I’ll report on LA procedures tomorrow.

I posted this on a separate thread but haven't gotten any answers. If you get a chance could you please find out Princess' policy on exposure but negative tests on the first leg of a B2B.

I'll explain - currently on Celebrity - if you are contact traced as exposed to someone who tests positive on the first leg of your B2B but then you test negative - you are STILL not allowed to continue on the second leg of your B2B.

I'm hoping this is not the case on Princess but haven't heard anything either way.

17 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Is this the trip that you were doing the super fancy suite with the giant deck that takes up half the ship? And I had contemplated snagging the other half to join you? If only I had the vacation days to spare...

No that ship has not been finished yet - The Discovery. We will be in the Sky Suite November next year, which, yes, is amazing! Today we will be sailing on the Grand in the Grand Suite. Nice, but not like the Sky Suites! I’ll be posting pics and videos on this thread if CC cooperates.

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

Well, ummmmmmm — I had paper copies just in case, but nobody asked to see ANY of my documents that day in Seattle.  I was shocked.   I offered to show and was shooed off upstairs and told docs would be checked up there.  They weren’t.  I tried to show.  They told me I was good to go onboard.  

I shook my head and boarded the ship.  

2 weeks ago in San Pedro my docs were checked twice. It was just a quick glance,  I think they just looked at the date and the word "negative "

• Like 2

@HBCcruiser Bon voyage!  My GF and I will be joining you on the 27th. You will love the grand suite.DH and I spent 10 days in it and those sea days in the very private jacuzzi out on the gorgeous wooden balcony were amazing. I sail in that suite every chance I get. The sky suites are spectacular too but a bit much for just 2 people. 

Would you mind terribly checking your account on the ap after your corkage is billed?  I’m bringing some special bottles and wondering if they are actually charging the new rate or not. Sometimes these type of policies are adopted slowly. 

When I sailed on the Majestic in July this year the bubbly by the glass in Vines that was included in the beverage package changed from Chandon (pre pandemic) to Gloria Ferrar brut. An upgrade in my opinion. Would you please let me know if the Grand is pouring the Gloria as well if you get a chance?  

thanks so much. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@HBCcruiser Bon voyage!  My GF and I will be joining you on the 27th. You will love the grand suite.DH and I spent 10 days in it and those sea days in the very private jacuzzi out on the gorgeous wooden balcony were amazing. I sail in that suite every chance I get. The sky suites are spectacular too but a bit much for just 2 people. 

Would you mind terribly checking your account on the ap after your corkage is billed?  I’m bringing some special bottles and wondering if they are actually charging the new rate or not. Sometimes these type of policies are adopted slowly. 

When I sailed on the Majestic in July this year the bubbly by the glass in Vines that was included in the beverage package changed from Chandon (pre pandemic) to Gloria Ferrar brut. An upgrade in my opinion. Would you please let me know if the Grand is pouring the Gloria as well if you get a chance?  

thanks so much. 

Will do!

• Like 1