LIVE/Grand/Oct. 23 - Nov.1, 2021

HBCcruiser

17 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Happy sailing! Can't wait to live vicariously through  your photos. It goes without saying but drink a few for your friends back in the pack.

Ahhh but of course! Speaking about drinks… Wine is packed in the carry-on;B4001F79-42D0-4DBD-BCBB-3EAD2DFB5E71.thumb.jpeg.3f31f693bdb1e95940d92865872584e3.jpeg

Aaand carrying on a chilled bottle of my fav bubbs.;C1EFB7E3-3717-4D27-9AF5-F30CCA6804B0.thumb.jpeg.d6fa42e195b10f2792013f291462046f.jpeg

I do this because, unlike other cruise lines, Princess does NOT have pre-ordered bottles delivered to your stateroom on day 1. You must call to have them delivered, which last time took hours. “What-the-what,” you say? Crazy right?  I will not go without chilled bubbs to celebrate our beautiful stateroom! 😂😂🥳🥂

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

2 passenger friends went to Sameday in Brea AND got on the Majestic on different weeks.  I took that as validation for making my own appointment.  The traffic and distance was well worth it.  Got there early.  Scanned my QR code.  They did the swabbing as I stayed in the car.  Before I reached my next destination (think traffic again), I had my results.  The OCD person in me continued to check CVS.  I should have just let it go.  I try to find logic in things.  Not always there.

I can't say enough about this vendor.  Lots of available appointments.  There was no line/wait time.  Easy Peasy.  You also helped reassure me that this was a good alternative.  I'd do this again before the home test.

Mahalo Nui Loa

So the test with Same-day is not self administered?

And yes, CVS is stressing me out!! The rapid test availability is day of and all gone by 8:30 in my 626 area.

Just now, ebeluga said:

So the test with Same-day is not self administered?

And yes, CVS is stressing me out!! The rapid test availability is day of and all gone by 8:30 in my 626 area.

No, Someone at the drive though (at my location) stuck the swab up my nose.  Fine with me.  If 626 is near the foothills, then Brea (near Brea Mall) won't be so bad for you to go.  They have lots of times available.  You can book online for tomorrow.  Do it early so you get your results back right away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was up at 4 AM…actually never fell asleep.  Went on to the CVS appointment site and this is what I found for today.  Why? Why!  I had scheduled an appointment with a private vendor for 10:30 AM with distance and traffic weeks ago.  It wasn’t worth the stress.  Does not make any sense to me.  Test results in 10 minutes with email documents.  Well worth the $25 for administration cost and covered by insurance.

AB2CFA6D-59AF-48D0-A275-A5EDAA5B6DE6.jpeg

7394D733-4EFE-4A11-9EA3-0EEF8763157E.jpeg

When I checked CVS for the rapid tests the same results as above showed with available appointments.  BUT......when I click on a time it then says that there are no CVS locations within 100 miles that do the rapid test.

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Ahhh but of course! Speaking about drinks… Wine is packed in the carry-on;B4001F79-42D0-4DBD-BCBB-3EAD2DFB5E71.thumb.jpeg.3f31f693bdb1e95940d92865872584e3.jpeg

Aaand carrying on a chilled bottle of my fav bubbs.;C1EFB7E3-3717-4D27-9AF5-F30CCA6804B0.thumb.jpeg.d6fa42e195b10f2792013f291462046f.jpeg

I do this because, unlike other cruise lines, Princess does NOT have pre-ordered bottles delivered to your stateroom on day 1. You must call to have them delivered, which last time took hours. “What-the-what,” you say? Crazy right?  I will not go without chilled bubbs to celebrate our beautiful stateroom! 😂😂🥳🥂

MMmmm I like wine 

Hungry Emoji Stickers For Whatsapp And - Smiley Face With Wine,Hungry Emoji  - Free Emoji PNG Images - EmojiSky.com

What did ya bring along ?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Twiga said:

When I checked CVS for the rapid tests the same results as above showed with available appointments.  BUT......when I click on a time it then says that there are no CVS locations within 100 miles that do the rapid test.

Those times were available at 4 AM Southern California time for CVS's in Buena Park and Seal Beach.  It is an exercise in patience, determination, and endurance.  These two places have 2 containers outside the store.  I have used them twice.  Once I was able to book way in advance (September).  Once I was able to book at 1 AM the day before.  

I was given the reason (too many cancellations) for why you are no longer able to book 12 days in advance....ALTHOUGH, the website is still showing such.  

My Opinion....the IT department that developed the Medallion Class app is working in cahoots with CVS.  There are many more reliable places to get your Rapid Antigen test.  Avoid the stress.

7 hours ago, Level six said:

So are you saying you went to CVS?  Why was there a fee?  I am scheduled next week and it says my insurance covers 100%

I used CVS and all they needed was my insurance card.  My insurance sent me a statement recently for $0, and it indicated that they had reimbursed CVS for the entire cost, $159. 

(Also, I received my result within 30 mins via a phone call.)

10 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Just saw this posted at the top of the thread. 😳

112A835D-056B-4D7D-ADDF-3D4CF5E410A3.jpeg

Not on a ship, but having these same problems at home on a PC using Firefox.

What works every time for me:

Log off of CC.

Close browser.

Open browser.

Lon on to CC.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

You're allowed to bring all those bottles onto the ship with you? Never sailed with Princess, so not familiar with their rules. Is there a corkage fee per bottle?

First two have no corkage fee if not brought to dining room. Others after the first two have pay the corkage fee (charged to your onboard account during the pre-boarding process) whether you bring them to a dining room or not.

12 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

We leave Saturday for the Grand Princess on a B2B - LA, San Diego, Ensenada followed by LA to Cabo (overnight). The first leg is with a friend of mine (she is a blast BTW). The second leg is with my DH. He could not go on the first leg due to work commitments.  He is fun too, but leg 2 will be more romantical (my word) not party-party like leg 1. 

Normally I start my LIVE reviews a bit sooner to get things going, but I had to wait until that beautiful (-) test result! Yup, used the Binax Now Home test that Princess recommended. It took less than 20 minutes. Sooo easy. I did not have to wait at all for a med person to login. Plus, I got my results immediately. Text and email. 

IMG_8487.jpeg

The Walgreen website that sells these tests says:

Can I use the BinaxNOW COVID-19 self-test to meet travel requirements? 
No, the BinaxNOW COVID-19 self-test is intended for personal use. This test does not provide a documented test result that can be displayed when traveling.

So just wanted to confirm that you were allowed to board the ship using this test

10 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

You're allowed to bring all those bottles onto the ship with you? Never sailed with Princess, so not familiar with their rules. Is there a corkage fee per bottle?

Haha I wish! No, one bottle each. I don’t mind paying the corkage which I think is now $20. It’s still cheaper than buying onboard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red Hat Cruise Cat said:

The Walgreen website that sells these tests says:

Can I use the BinaxNOW COVID-19 self-test to meet travel requirements? 
No, the BinaxNOW COVID-19 self-test is intended for personal use. This test does not provide a documented test result that can be displayed when traveling.

So just wanted to confirm that you were allowed to board the ship using this test

As you saw in the photo above,  the test we used is one that is monitored by a health official. They also sell one that you do without someone monitoring you. That’s the test they don’t allow. My friend and I were emailed a negative test result so we are good to go. 👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

I used CVS and all they needed was my insurance card.  My insurance sent me a statement recently for $0, and it indicated that they had reimbursed CVS for the entire cost, $159. 

(Also, I received my result within 30 mins via a phone call.)

So, how did you get proof to board?  Did you get an email too or what?  Thanks

33 minutes ago, Level six said:

They texted a link and it also appeared in their App. I downloaded the PDF, printed it and took a screenshot of the QR code. CVS is somewhat similar. You can download the PDF from their app but they also email it to you.

B2931B5F-4AB9-43C6-9ADB-333E156682E8.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Ok so I mention that CC is glitchy and low and behold I start having trouble logging in! 

I might be able to shed some light on that ... maybe not.  

But, Cruise Critic is very glitchy if you use the same device as your MedallionClass app is loaded.  

I found that if I logged completely out of CC after using my MC app, it would behave ... otherwise not.  I only found that out during my last cruise, though.  It happens whether I'm on the ship or even while I'm at home.  

Hope that will help ... it helped me when I started a live feed from my last B2B.  

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I might be able to shed some light on that ... maybe not.  

But, Cruise Critic is very glitchy if you use the same device as your MedallionClass app is loaded.  

I found that if I logged completely out of CC after using my MC app, it would behave ... otherwise not.  I only found that out during my last cruise, though.  It happens whether I'm on the ship or even while I'm at home.  

Hope that will help ... it helped me when I started a live feed from my last B2B.  

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Level six said:

Digitally.   CVS prompts everyone to register — can’t recall if it is minute clinic acct or My Chart? The results will appear in your file and then you can convert to a PDF to your documents or send it as an email link to yourself.  I just took a screenshot.