ANOTHER (just what you wanted) Mardi Gras LIVE 11/06-11/13

MeganGC1983

19 hours ago, IloveCatsandCruises said:

Thank you Megan. We are relaxin in our hotel. Hampton Inn cocoa beach.  It is beautiful. Hubs usually picks a dive.  He gets an A+ this time 

Oh that's where we're staying the Friday after Turkey Day.  Glad to hear it's a great spot.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Always up for another MG review.  We're doing the Western in a month.  But hearing that "lost soul" begging tourists to help his invalid father is still wandering the streets of OSJ.  So be careful there.

He gets around doesn’t he. Bless his heart! 

Thank you so much for doing this. I'm cruising on MG for New Year's.

I have obviously been doing a lot of research but one thing that is lacking is the embarkation and deembarkation info for regular every day people (aka non Platnium, Diamond, or Suite guests).

Just curious on time options for getting on the ship.

Also curious on getting off the ship, specifically with taking your own luggage.

🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I have obviously been doing a lot of research but one thing that is lacking is the embarkation and deembarkation info for regular every day people (aka non Platnium, Diamond, or Suite guests).

Also curious on getting off the ship, specifically with taking your own luggage.

🙂

When you check in online you will be given a time slot for example 1030 to 11. Arrive at your time. when you get to the terminal wait for your zone to be called. As far as getting off the ship, you should get a letter in your room telling you where to go if you want to self assist off

• Like 1

19 hours ago, K_e_short said:

🙂

We are lowly GOLD… and we got to check-in 14 days before boarding. The “upper class” got to check-in 2 days before us. From our roll call, I found out most of them checked in for 11am and 11:30. All the Gold and lower got noon and beyond. 
I will definitely look into your debarkation questions. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IloveCatsandCruises said:

When you check in online you will be given a time slot for example 1030 to 11. Arrive at your time. when you get to the terminal wait for your zone to be called. As far as getting off the ship, you should get a letter in your room telling you where to go if you want to self assist off

What were the time options? What is the latest time you can pick? Is it 1:30pm or 2:00pm if the cruise is leaving at 4pm?

I want to board as late as possible so that 1 - I can carry my luggage on myself and 2 - I don't have to deal with crowds, and 3 - I am flying in that day so really won't be arriving until 12:30 - 1:00pm anyways.

What time is self assist? What is the earliest time slot offered if you are getting off the ship with your own luggage? Do you wait in your room or are you told to go to a specific location?

I want to leave as early as possible as I need to deal with getting a PCR test at the airport.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

What were the time options? What is the latest time you can pick? Is it 1:30pm or 2:00pm if the cruise is leaving at 4pm?

I want to board as late as possible so that 1 - I can carry my luggage on myself and 2 - I don't have to deal with crowds, and 3 - I am flying in that day so really won't be arriving until 12:30 - 1:00pm anyways.

What time is self assist? What is the earliest time slot offered if you are getting off the ship with your own luggage? Do you wait in your room or are you told to go to a specific location?

I want to leave as early as possible as I need to deal with getting a PCR test at the airport.

Hello fellow Canadian... we are cruising next April so likely everything will have changed, but is there a 'fast' PCR test at the airport?  I thought a rush on a PCR is like 24 hrs instead of 48.  (That's the way it is in SK but we are behind in everything so probably not the case everywhere).  At least we have a week in Miami/Keys planned for after the cruise so can hit up a CVS, but wondering what sort of testing is available at Florida airports.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Hello fellow Canadian... we are cruising next April so likely everything will have changed, but is there a 'fast' PCR test at the airport?  I thought a rush on a PCR is like 24 hrs instead of 48.  (That's the way it is in SK but we are behind in everything so probably not the case everywhere).  At least we have a week in Miami/Keys planned for after the cruise so can hit up a CVS, but wondering what sort of testing is available at Florida airports.

Come on over to the Canadian forum on this site 🙂

You didn't mention what airport you are flying out of. Right now Miami and Orlando for sure do rapid PCR tests (under an hour).

Fort Lauderdale is a bit iffy in that I think they only do 24 hour tests. I'm not sure about Tampa but they only just started cruising again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks y’all! 

We have a pretty large roll call, almost 1000 people, and a few months ago when sailing resumed and the rules were slowing coming out, I decided we needed a proper Pub Crawl. Since then, it’s taken on a life of its own with its own itinerary/schedule, tshirts, flyers, and promo beads. There’s over 146 that have RSVPed for it, and 52 ordered shirts. We had several color options. Below is what we’re ordered. I set it up on an independent store site, and I did not profit anything from them. Everyone was pleased with their quality and efficiency of delivery. All in all, I’m good with it and if 50ish people show or 5, I will have a good time!! First sea day (Sunday), starting at the Serenity Bar at 1:30, you know I’ll be Pub Crawling. 

22C51ECF-543D-457A-ACE5-E10079A5F98C.jpeg

6725489D-5FD8-4F7F-AEA9-550431C1EA14.jpeg

• Like 11

Had some time between zooms today, so I broke out the suitcase to start packing. How many dresses is too many dress? I’ve packed 10. This is still a 7 night, right?! I’m the best Boy Scout… always be prepared. 
Point is, if I’m wearing a fancy romper to sea day brunch, mind your business. 😆 I mean we are flying Southwest. Gotta take 2 bags because they fly free. That’s me getting my money’s worth. I do the same with the Cheers! Package. Just how I roll. Happy Thursday CC! We fly out a week from tomorrow! 

65A336CF-EE6C-4F4E-A754-B14E7A538E1D.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

@MeganGC1983...what you are not utilizing the cube packing method like Sid!  I watched the video yesterday and it was pretty friggin amazing.

I've always wondered roll or fold.....either way looking forward to following your cruise!

I'm like you I used to overpack, not so much anymore.  I am leaving Friday on an 18 day trip and only bringing one carryon bag!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@MeganGC1983...what you are not utilizing the cube packing method like Sid!  I watched the video yesterday and it was pretty friggin amazing.

I've always wondered roll or fold.....either way looking forward to following your cruise!

I'm like you I used to overpack, not so much anymore.  I am leaving Friday on an 18 day trip and only bringing one carryon bag!

That’s crazy! I couldn’t do it. Hope you have a great trip! 
I have used cube packing before, but I’m not pressed for space. I will take 2 bags because I can lol I need shoe options and room for souvenirs. 

• Like 5