The ODYSSEY and the ECSTASY Live Oct 23-31

h20skibum

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Prime rib

0C8417E7-73AB-47C2-8178-6D106706C6AE.thumb.jpeg.69244063f1c1d1080667efc2a4fe63d9.jpeg

Looks great. How was it? Medium rare?

What a great week you had. Thanks for taking us along it was an outstanding review. I wish you safe and quick travels home.

Greg

• Like 2

A big thank you to all of you who followed along and provided such positive comments.  

Our day is not over yet.   We have a late flight to Pittsburgh, so we booked a day use hotel.  It is better than an airboat ride, or sitting outside the airport for 8 hours. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2021 at 7:48 AM, bobmacliberty said:

The bar at our club pool only has one blender, so they make a Miami Vice with all ingredients together at once.  Tastes the same, just doesn't look as interesting.

I worked for an advertising company for 4 years.  Presentation sells a product.😉

On 10/30/2021 at 9:25 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t think I have seen them horizontal.  They are good.

This is horizontal:

Miami Vice Cocktail Recipe

This is a vertical one.

image.jpeg.1df29cc59d467a4744cff1b033291e43.jpeg

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've been told that if you don't get your suitcases out by 10, you are forced to stay another week.

Susan said we should just become squatters, and put this on the door. 

2E8402AA-54AC-4B7F-B7F5-DF4CC65D29C7.thumb.jpeg.cb8f9e069b5d005d99b8dfbfb022f3b2.jpeg

Or maybe it was the do not disturb one. 🤣🤣

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

A big thank you to all of you who followed along and provided such positive comments.  

Our day is not over yet.   We have a late flight to Pittsburgh, so we booked a day use hotel.  It is better than an airboat ride, or sitting outside the airport for 8 hours. 

Mind sharing where you reserved a day use hotel?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have been on 5G or LTE along the shoreline. 

EFA35650-0A82-49E2-BD37-FC0481B5C28A.thumb.png.b8f693398aab09bd96313bef23efd0df.png

So much nicer than the ship internet.  

one thing about how they do departure now.  You can get your breakfast, then they want you to wait in your cabin until your departure group is called. 

I couldn’t believe there were three self assist people in line when I went down for lattes around 6am.   They have a long wait. 

I never understand people in a hurry to be the first off the ship.    I drag it out as long as possible.    

that's good you can get breakfast and wait in cabin, I hate how crazy the WJ gets on disembarkment morning with everyone and their luggage.    We usually have breakfast and go back to our cabin pre-covid and relax on balcony with lattes before heading out.    We had never followed the timeline on our check out.   I am late for everything anyway - LOL!

Thank you for taking us along on your cruise.    You did a Terrific review and great photos 😍

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, jonj said:

Mind sharing where you reserved a day use hotel?

We are at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach.  

They will give us a shuttle to the airport when we are ready to go.  

It is $70 for a 10 am - 5 pm time slot.  

There are several hotels that offer day rates.  Just google day rate hotels. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

'Disembarkation is nothing like I have ever experienced before. You wait in you room, instead of a lounge with hundreds of others, When your number is called, grab the closest elevator, and there is no line to ping off of the ship. Instead of being in a large room with 1000 people, in line to get to your luggage , and through customs , there are maybe a dozen other people, your luggage is easy to spot , since there aren't  a hundred other peoples luggage in the same area, and no line out, with customs officers replaced by a camera device, that recognizes you and you are good to go, No lines.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

'Disembarkation is nothing like I have ever experienced before. You wait in you room, instead of a lounge with hundreds of others, When your number is called, grab the closest elevator, and there is no line to ping off of the ship. Instead of being in a large room with 1000 people, in line to get to your luggage , and through customs , there are maybe a dozen other people, your luggage is easy to spot , since there aren't  a hundred other peoples luggage in the same area, and no line out, with customs officers replaced by a camera device, that recognizes you and you are good to go, No lines.

We liked that.  Just walk out, pull your mask down for the camera, and walk on through. 

They did say to have passports in hand, but we never had to show them to anyone.  

From my video, you can tell how quick it was to get off the ship. But then, we had moved ourselves to the last group. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We liked that.  Just walk out, pull your mask down for the camera, and walk on through. 

They did say to have passports in hand, but we never had to show them to anyone.  

From my video, you can tell how quick it was to get off the ship. But then, we had moved ourselves to the last group. 

Thank you for taking us along on your wonderful adventures on Odyssey, Mark!  Love the video.  I'm glad you had such a great time.   It's great that you got to stay in your cabin until they kicked you off the ship.😉 Your pictures and commentary were excellent!  Safe travel home!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Following up on the rescue operation.  

Everyone from the yacht was brought aboard.  They now have to meet a coast guard vessel sometime during the night, and transfer those rescued to that vessel.  

Shortly after they brought the people aboard, all the lights in the yacht went out.  

Evidently, it must have been taking on water.  The captain announced the yacht would likely sink by morning. 

A few more pictures of the operation

E516453E-FF02-414E-AAA9-A49176A1C8C3.thumb.jpeg.682441d04be5c06b8355e548636f2243.jpeg

E516453E-FF02-414E-AAA9-A49176A1C8C3.thumb.jpeg.682441d04be5c06b8355e548636f2243.jpeg

57EACB66-830B-4E78-BA57-683D9DB7804C.thumb.jpeg.272c3aa9d1895955a3a3542a7b353935.jpeg

I wish the iPhone was a little better in this kind of lighting

B83DA699-E869-4272-9A92-C4F5B3987BCA.jpeg

Ships sinking break my heart. It’s sad it was a sailboat, but I’m glad it wasn’t the yacht!
Thank goodness everyone is safe. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 3

This has been a great review. I enjoyed learning about Odyssey and how she deals with COVID. 
I can never think of a mixed drink when I’m asked for my order. Now I have the names of some that look really good!

If I had a day use hotel waiting when I got off a ship, I’d probably collapse in the bed for most of the day. 
I never really sleep on the last night. I look at the clock at least once an hour to see how much longer I have to try to sleep. 
Safe travels home!

• Like 7

Uh oh!   Shades of @Ozark_Kid!!!  Our SW flight is delayed two hours, and now leaving at 8:40.

Looking like a good decision to get this day use, because we get 7 hours from the time we actually got checked in. 

Meanwhile, time to try a Cubano from somewhere else 

0AD01946-9868-45EA-9B43-B2817A6C4338.thumb.jpeg.d77006e476d1d83b5597a512f24fb972.jpeg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Uh oh!   Shades of @Ozark_Kid!!!  Our SW flight is delayed two hours, and now leaving at 8:40.

Looking like a good decision to get this day use, because we get 7 hours from the time we actually got checked in. 

Wow, I was just catching up on your review.  We are trying to find a cruise for January/February.  I read the good idea of going to a hotel after the cruise.  I was talking to Sharon about a day stay or just leaving early the next day especially after our last experience then I found this post!  I hope it all works out for you.  If it’s going to eventually cancel, which I hope doesn’t, I hope you find out before you leave the hotel.  

Thanks for the review and pics.  I enjoyed them.

• Like 3

On 10/30/2021 at 7:58 AM, h20skibum said:

Sunrise pictures from this morning.  I can’t believe how calm the sea has been this trip.  I sometimes see bigger waves on our little lake. 

Our location at sunrise

EBFE59CC-A225-4AD9-848C-B597A31A3912.thumb.jpeg.33eb1b41c8fc5a64c27ada9f907b47a5.jpeg

It was shining through the “big ball”

14337617-FF0F-4519-A2F4-DA0286DDD76B.thumb.jpeg.f78fe25472ff28d7e7268ae4d075b1ab.jpeg

These wake views were especially nice this morning 

B1CBA57D-F84B-4C65-AF7D-9C606146F9FF.thumb.jpeg.85a8857ab77c07340467b0c36998770b.jpeg

2EF8F50D-A7EE-44A1-AD9D-15E070EB734D.thumb.jpeg.530cc92c86840ee1fc2f6392a66c5b3b.jpeg

Gorgeous!

• Like 1

Not just SW...but now American Airlines.  News this morning announced many delays for the same excuses that SW used when they had so many cancelled flights.  

We are on Delta on Thursday...hope they don't follow the pattern also.  😮 

• Like 3