The ODYSSEY and the ECSTASY Live Oct 23-31

h20skibum

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not just SW...but now American Airlines.  News this morning announced many delays for the same excuses that SW used when they had so many cancelled flights.  

We are on Delta on Thursday...hope they don't follow the pattern also.  😮 

looks like AA has canceled 28% SW only 4% .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Uh oh!   Shades of @Ozark_Kid!!!  Our SW flight is delayed two hours, and now leaving at 8:40.

Looking like a good decision to get this day use, because we get 7 hours from the time we actually got checked in. 

Meanwhile, time to try a Cubano from somewhere else 

Be glad you didn't book with American. They have cancelled over 2000 this weekend.

Edit: I see others have already pointed this out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I never really sleep on the last night. I look at the clock at least once an hour to see how much longer I have to try to sleep. 
Safe travels home!

I don't sleep well on the last night either as I'm always concerned that I'll over sleep and not be on deck to watch the sail into port.

• Like 1

Sitting at the airport, watching SW take down their Halloween decorations. 

34178D1E-3C27-4CBB-9303-EA451075C601.thumb.jpeg.94408afbe61abf2f3bc102e82f81c842.jpeg

It must be Halloween, because many of those who cruised with us now look like the walking dead at the airport. 

The bad news is we are delayed another hour, but the good news is our plane is in the air and on the way here.  Looks like we will not get to our house till after 2am now.  

No promises for sunrise tomorrow.  As Robert Frost would say, “I have miles to go before I sleep”

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well, here I thought you’d already be home by now! Hope at this point you’re well on your way there. Hope you get home safely, and soon!

Thank you again for such a wonderful, detailed review! I told DH over dinner tonight that the next cruise we book is going to have to be on a Quantum class ship! 😀🛳😎 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, perfect match said:

Well, here I thought you’d already be home by now! Hope at this point you’re well on your way there. Hope you get home safely, and soon!

Well, by the time our plane finally arrived and landed in Pittsburgh and we made the drive home, it was 2 am.   We arrived home safely, but not without incident. 

Pennsylvania is one of the top states for deer / vehicle collisions with an approximate 1 in 50 chance of it happening to you.  Last night, we got our 1 in 50.  So today, we are adding a trip to the insurance office and repair shop to hopefully get it repaired before we make the trip to Florida in December.  

Although it shook her up, Susan handled the vehicle exactly like she should have.

• Like 13

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Uh Oh is right. Now making me nervous for our SW Flight on Friday.

I've flown on SW on I think 13 round trip flights this year, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that every single one, usually the return flight for whatever reason, has been delayed (one time by over 6 hours).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Well, by the time our plane finally arrived and landed in Pittsburgh and we made the drive home, it was 2 am.   We arrived home safely, but not without incident. 

Pennsylvania is one of the top states for deer / vehicle collisions with an approximate 1 in 50 chance of it happening to you.  Last night, we got our 1 in 50.  So today, we are adding a trip to the insurance office and repair shop to hopefully get it repaired before we make the trip to Florida in December.  

Although it shook her up, Susan handled the vehicle exactly like she should have.

Sorry about that.

Glad that you are OK, and, finally,  h o m e 🥰

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have no idea why deer think they can make it across a road running in front of a car. I've had the misfortune twice.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That sounds terrifying. Glad you're ok.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Oh no...sorry about the Deer mishap!  I always cringe when I have to travel at night to or from the airport here.  We have way too many Deer wandering around on Interstate 528 going to Orlando.  Hit one on the way to our flight many years ago, but was only a glancing blow since car before us hit it first.  

Not too healthy for the Deer either.  😮  And you do have huge PA Deer!!  Much bigger than our little Florida Deer.  

• Like 1

Great review Mark and as always, great pictures.  You have become a sunrise master, no matter the body of water.  Sorry to hear about the deer.  That was one of my constant worries while driving on back roads in NE PA...especially during deer season.  Hopefully the damage was not too significant.  I've heard stories where the deer went through a side window and destroy the interior of a car/truck while thrashing around to escape.  

I've always felt that this song was the most appropriate for debarkation morning.  Warning...includes language that some may find offensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I am thankful you made it home finally and it didn’t drag on.  A memorable way to end a cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no idea why deer think they can make it across a road running in front of a car. I've had the misfortune twice.

A deer helped total out my SILs car last Christmas.  Last week we had a young lady thought she could cross in front of Sharon’s car and beat the car coming the opposite direction.  I have no idea why that dear lady thought she could beat it.  Helped me decide to get a new car.  This is not a good time to buy a new car.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

So sorry that happened to you but thankfully you are finally home.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, h20skibum said:

A big thank you to all of you who followed along and provided such positive comments.  

Our day is not over yet.   We have a late flight to Pittsburgh, so we booked a day use hotel.  It is better than an airboat ride, or sitting outside the airport for 8 hours. 

I actually had to grab  a kleenex after that vid!  THX

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 5:06 PM, h20skibum said:

Well, instead of the 2 for $20 t-shirts, I got a hat/t-shirt Odyssey Inaugural Season combo for a few bucks more.  

Also picked up a couple turtles the grands will love.  

14BCC004-19C6-469A-A14A-8BF8EDDAA35B.thumb.jpeg.d77f78bd8167ba6b85fa14099df7ab2e.jpeg

It is almost like we are in a race. We just passed this one. 

C939FA1C-BAF2-4ECE-8E9B-049F9FAEAF88.thumb.jpeg.6b4d5c3a1248540130180cc1c5f97ba3.jpeg

And the Carnival ship is gaining on us.  They must be in a hurry to get rid of their passengers. 🤣🤣

8CAD12EE-C780-4578-93D2-26C7EFCA7282.thumb.jpeg.7c1e26817558a56e056bc0bdfb100e33.jpeg

When we were in buying our stuff, the couple ahead of us was loading up on almost one of each of the trinkets in the shop.  $479 for them.  And they don’t have bags for your purchases now, so their arms were loaded. 

Don't   get the no bags- there are plenty that are made from recycled materials or is royal trying to save money?