Sorrentos pizza

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Short lines and empty seats last week on Oasis.

Pre pandemic they were always very crowded any time of the day on every RCL ship I have been on.

I have cruised with 5 other cruise lines and none of the others had pizza that compare to RCL.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Pre pandemic they were always very crowded any time of the day on every RCL ship I have been on.

I have cruised with 5 other cruise lines and none of the others had pizza that compare to RCL.

That is true . I have been on the Allure last few times and the place was packed in the evenings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

Carnival does the best pizza at sea, IMO.

I hear Princess is the best at sea BUT it is under the Carnival umbrella.    Pizza at Pizzeria Del Capitano on Carnival Magic was most certainly better than Sorrentos, due to fresh made hand tossed crusts and better quality ingredients but it was always so packed, you have to wait forever, no matter what time of day or night you went.  

Edited by ryano

13 minutes ago, ryano said:

I hear Princess is the best BUT it is under the Carnival umbrella.

To be more exact, Princess Cruises falls within the CARNIVAL CORPORATION & PLC brands of cruise lines, which include: Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn Cruise Line, P&O Cruises Australia, Costa Cruises, AIDA Cruises, P&O Cruises UK, and Cunard Line.

😎

Edited by matt1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Did you forget when we were on the same cruise you were in Sorrentos many times and enjoyed the pizza ?

Enjoyed is perhaps a stretch.  I'll eat anything.  For me Sorrento's is convenient.  It's right there.  It's not goo pizza though.

So, for Sorrento’s on Anthem of the Seas, is there enough variety (and quality) of pizza, pastas, salads, and desserts for an evening meal? I had maybe planned on eating there on one evening as a break from all of the traditional and specialty dining venues. 

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

If you eat something more than once it would have to be good ,I would think.

Not so sure about that. I’ve had fruitcake (yes, that circular tradition of weirdness people give their “friends” around Christmas time) several times. It’s just as bad each time. 🤣

17 hours ago, poocher said:

Hi I’m Gail and I’m a pizzaholic.  Can’t think of any I’ve ever flat out turned down.  It’s a disease, don’t judge. 😄😄

Well even alcoholics will turn to cough syrup or Listerine to get their fix so I can't blame you.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You should come by for dinner one night when my wife cooks.  I've been eating her cooking for ~40 years.  Not good.  Wonderful person, horrible cook.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

So not true.  We eat Sorrento's a couple of times on a cruise because it's edible. My DH is from NY and I have had fabulous pizza there.  Carnival and Princess have better pizza than RCI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

To be more exact, Princess Cruises falls within the CARNIVAL CORPORATION & PLC brands of cruise lines, which include: Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn Cruise Line, P&O Cruises Australia, Costa Cruises, AIDA Cruises, P&O Cruises UK, and Cunard Line.

😎

Right.  Like Celebrity Cruises falls within the Royal Caribbean Group formerly known as Royal Carribean Cruises LTD which include; Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Silversea Cruises along with Pullmantur, TUI and Holistica. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

So not true.  We eat Sorrento's a couple of times on a cruise because it's edible. My DH is from NY and I have had fabulous pizza there.  Carnival and Princess have better pizza than RCI.

I have never been on a Princess ship but food on Carnival of any kind is awful.I lived in NY all my life and have eater a lot of pizza .Not all NY pizza is good,some is not edible.

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

You should come by for dinner one night when my wife cooks.  I've been eating her cooking for ~40 years.  Not good.  Wonderful person, horrible cook.

My wife is a wonderful cook but if she makes something I do not like I do not eat it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never been on a Princess ship but food on Carnival of any kind is awful.I lived in NY all my life and have eater a lot of pizza .Not all NY pizza is good,some is not edible.

Where did I say all NYC pizza is good?