Sorrentos pizza

10 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

They don't even make pizza at Sorento's.  Cardboard covered in ketchup and surplus cheese is not pizza.

Actually we've had some pretty good pizza at Sorrento's but it can vary by ship/staff.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

They don't even make pizza at Sorento's.  Cardboard covered in ketchup and surplus cheese is not pizza.

I totally agree ,  unless you are extremely hungry and there are no other options I would avoid it. 

It's a lot better than it was 5 or 6 years ago.  They made changes and it improved, but it's still not great pizza lol.  I can't remember ever seeing white pizza as that requires a different sauce/topping.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cigar King said:

That's what they served on Celebrity except they used battery acid in place of tomato sauce. Sorento's is much better. Not as good as Princess but I did enjoy it as a late night snack. However I wouldn't make a special trip for it at lunch time.

14 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's what they served on Celebrity except they used battery acid in place of tomato sauce. Sorento's is much better. Not as good as Princess but I did enjoy it as a late night snack. However I wouldn't make a special trip for it at lunch time.

Amen. Alfredo’s on the Royal Princess was amazing! The venue itself is very attractive and it’s all complimentary, with the pizzas and pasta dishes being cooked to order. Spent two weeks eating there quite a few times. Best pizza at sea. 

😁

Edited by matt1
  • Like 1

Years ago we were on Allure and thought the pizza was meh. Did Symphony twice (about a year or so apart), and thought the pizza was pretty decent. Not sure if it just generally got better, or if it was the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

It's a lot better than it was 5 or 6 years ago.  They made changes and it improved, but it's still not great pizza lol.  I can't remember ever seeing white pizza as that requires a different sauce/topping.

It had been since 2015 since I was on a RC ship and I agree.  I was pleasantly surprised with Sorrentos pizza on Ovation in September.   I mean Ive certainly had better pizza but it use to be a lot worse. lol.  its edible, even when not drunk at 2am now. 241528968_10219499228727001_8966250229617600130_n.thumb.jpg.bdd3e800ec74a0448284716ab4e80c78.jpg

Edited by ryano
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, BND said:

And it gets better the longer you stay in the pub.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Magicat said:

The best pizza on Royal was up in the Seaview Cafe on the Brilliance.  Or whatever that restaurant up top was called.

I miss the SeaView Cafe on the Radiance class ships....they had some good options.

It's been a long time, but IIRC the pizza on Regal Empress was very good.  It was cooked and served by the "little pizza dude" from a closet that was tucked under the stairs.

I just got off Oasis and IIRC I thought the pizza was better on my last Anthem cruise (October 2018).  I'll be on Anthem in December, so I will be able to compare it to my recent experience on Oasis.