CAPACITY

abby1257

I got off the Breeze last week.  I asked Guest Services and they said they could sail at 70% Capacity.

We were spoiled not having any lines after going through the first security/COVID screening line at check-in.  Frankly that cruise might have spoiled us forever.  Dirt cheap fare, no lines, few kids, and tremendous service since it appeared the crew is at 100%.  Unlike other posts, we were in and out of the MDR (6pm dining) in less than 70 minutes, including 5-10 minute of chit-chat with our table mates at the end.   Pretty much downhill from there as capacity increases.

Edited by Badfinger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Badfinger said:

I got off the Breeze last week.  I asked Guest Services and they said they could sail at 70% Capacity.

We were spoiled not having any lines after going through the first security/COVID screening line at check-in.  Frankly that cruise might have spoiled us forever.  Dirt cheap fare, no lines, few kids, and tremendous service since it appeared the crew is at 100%.  Unlike other posts, we were in and out of the MDR (6pm dining) in less than 70 minutes, including 5-10 minute of chit-chat with our table mates at the end.   Pretty much downhill from there as capacity increases.

Agreed....

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

This seems like the perfect time for me to try out the Panorama. To get it at 50-70% sounds like the sweet spot.

We were on Horizon about a month ago and it was only at about 40-50% capacity.  It was wonderful.  However, I can't imagine being on it when it is at 100%, and my guess it I wouldn't like it, because most of my favorite experiences on the ship would be terrible (IMO) with twice the number of people.

John Heald just posted the Mardi Gras is at 85% this week based on double occupancy (4400 of 5400), presumably due to the naming ceremony stuff. However, this does not bode well for our Thanksgiving cruise...wanted to experience one cruise at reduced capacity lol

John Heald said earlier that the Mardi Gras is at about 85%.

"So this week Mardi Gras has 4400 guests which with a capacity of 5400 means we are at almost 85%.
It does not feel like this at all. As you would’ve seen from my videos the flow of guests and the magnificent and varied spaces of entertainment, food service an outdoor spaces mean she does not feel crowded at all"
  • Like 1

No doubt the Mardi Gras is unique and this current cruise even  more so.  Carnival has 'self-capped' at 70% via numerous reports.  Many, many cruises are going out in the 50% or lower range.  They'll tout those early July 'pent up demand' ones or the Mardi Gras.  When Sunrise sails her typical Saturday 5 dayer, it ain't full and that's an understatement. 

• Like 1

We sail Sunday on Pride. 14 day, repositioning. The amount of cabins available last week was amazing. There were Suites in all categories available three weeks ago, all sold and as late as last weekend there were Suites available again. These are usually sold out on longer cruises like this months and months in advance. Balconies were available on most decks.

I haven't' heard, but I'm guessing they had a hard time getting to 60% based on what I saw  - unless every person booked guaranteed. And I doubt that as I suspect this will be Diamond and Platinum heavy. And the logistics of leaving one port and debarking at another deter a lot of people. Especially with the added stress of Covid testing added in.

We sailed MG in August at 65% and it was heaven. I'm expecting our January MG cruise to be about 70% and guessing back to full capacity by later in the year. Not really looking forward to that ship at full capacity.

18 hours ago, stellarose said:

I think MG will be more 80 than 100% during the holidays.  but I could be wrong. 

John Heald said on Facebook that the MG was at 85% capacity based on double occupancy.

I'm going in December and wouldn't be surprised if it's 100% double occupancy. Better then max capacity 🙂

DW and I were on the Glory 2 weeks ago and I informally heard it was between 65-70%.  No lines for anything.  Our normal wait from check in to the dining room was less than 5 minutes.  Plenty of seats for the evening shows and comedy club.  Pool and hot tubs on sea days were quite manageable meaning plenty of open chairs available.  Overall service on the ship was nothing short of outstanding.  We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise.   

23 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

John Heald said earlier that the Mardi Gras is at about 85%.

"So this week Mardi Gras has 4400 guests which with a capacity of 5400 means we are at almost 85%.
It does not feel like this at all. As you would’ve seen from my videos the flow of guests and the magnificent and varied spaces of entertainment, food service an outdoor spaces mean she does not feel crowded at all"

He also mentioned that when in Nassau with three other ships, Royal, Disney and Celebrity that the 4400 people was more than the other three combined. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

It's always handy how numbers can be played with to tell whatever story you desire.

Tom

Way back in high school, my debate coach said "There are three kinds of lies, lies, damn lies, and statistics. I was impressed until I found out he had stolen that line without attribution from Mark Twain.

• Like 1

Last week on the Pride we had 1,557 passengers with a Double Occupancy capacity of 2,124 which equates to 73% occupancy.

If felt like the ship was empty for the most part.  The only area ever close to being full was Butterflies for the "Adult" Punchliner shows.  And you could still find a seat or a place to stand when the shows started.

• Like 1