Disgruntled Sky Passengers

wowzz

Just come back to our cabin after our second consecutive night eating in the buffet.

The venue was extremely crowded, as so many people have stopped going to the MDR, due to poor menu options.

One of the management team has said that they have had to assign more staff to the buffet, to cater for the extra demand.

Hopefully someone at Princess will take note.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just come back to our cabin after our second consecutive night eating in the buffet.

The venue was extremely crowded, as so many people have stopped going to the MDR, due to poor menu options.

One of the management team has said that they have had to assign more staff to the buffet, to cater for the extra demand.

Thought they would have got the food right by now. We were on regal 31st july (ist sailing) and there was a lot of people complaining about the food. Obviously havn't learnt any lessons.

• Like 1

Curious, what is making them poor options?

I have read the Emerald Menu every night that Yellow Fish has posted and it looks like a normal menu.

I'm on the Sky in December so I'm definitely interested in your experience

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Curious, what is making them poor options?

I have read the Emerald Menu every night that Yellow Fish has posted and it looks like a normal menu.

I'm on the Sky in December so I'm definitely interested in your experience

Agreed, it looks like the normal dining room menu?  

Or are people just having a knee jerk reaction to experiencing almost 2 yrs with a personal lack of control.  MDR was great on the Majestic Princess. I was only given something I couldn't eat 1 time. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Come on. You've been looking forward to a cruise for ages. Don't look for the negatives. Of course there are going to be teething problems. Posting a bad review here isn't going to change anything on your cruise. Look for the positives and enjoy yourself, live in the moment and don't waste your precious memory-making time onboard in cruise critic!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I cannot believe Princess would serve up sub standard tucker after doing 22 cruises with them and been on most of their vessels. Food in MDR, Buffet is always to my satisfaction.

As for menu options the menu's are standard through the fleet. Perhaps the quality differs, dependent on Exec Chef and his team.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

On the Grand.  Food has been exceptional.  Specialty restaurants have been wonderful.  I am not a foodie, but the staff has made up for any real short comings..if any.  Enjoying myself very much.  It is so great to be sailing again.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been reading posts on another social media site. A lot of comments are about the small amounts of the main entrees. Some comments state that new cruisers don’t know that you can ask for as much food as you want.  Others are saying that the food is more for American taste than European taste. There are a lot of Europeans cruising since not a lot of Americans are traveling to Europe yet. Some are saying that they just don’t like the choices. Some people are speculating that the quality of the food isn’t up to par because of the supply chain. One person said their waiter quietly told them not to order the steak one night because it wasn’t good. Someone else relayed another similar story, but I can’t remember the food item. Just a lot of different complaints. ~~Don’t beat me up about any of this. I’m just relaying things I’ve read.~~

Edited by KruzPrincess
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We went on the Regal in August this year 1st time in a suite on Princess, 1st night we went to the Crown grill, not impressed the steak was not good the meal was so disappointing we said that we would never go again, even if we were in a suite & it was free the service was very good though. The MDR, we were in the club class section the menu for me was uninspiring very heavy on the sea food (I don't eat sea food) so not many options I like veggie food but don't want to eat it as a main meal. So usually there was only one option for me to choose from, not sure what the club class special was or if there even was one. 

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

I am also on the Sky Princess now and feel this is one person's opinion. To be fair Wowzz has complained about the food on other forums and stated that he will only be eating in Crown Grill and Sabatinis from now on so I am surprised in was in the buffet !

We are not new to Princess and find the menu in the mdr excellent  the food very good and plentiful.  You can have as many courses as you wish 

Do not be put off by one person's opinion  everything is very good in our opinion.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, bellagiio said:

he will only be eating in Crown Grill and Sabatinis from now on so I am surprised in was in the buffet !

We have got reservations booked, but past night we just wanted a quick meal so slummed (!) it in the buffet.

Food tastes vary so much from one person to another. I was recently watching a series of YouTube videos with some British vloggers recording their entire princess cruise. And the first thing they did once they got home was make beans on toast because they were missing their familiar dish from home. I know personally beans on toast is not for me at all. But I know that as soon as we get back to our home country the very first thing my husband does is buy a Tim Hortons coffee. He always complains about not being able to find a decent cup of coffee anywhere. And it doesn’t matter where we go. I hear the same complaint. I’m not a coffee drinker at all so I have missed out on this particular problem. Lol

• Like 1

We're both Coeliac, so have to pre order our meals in the evening for the next day. Our food has been fabulous, cannot fault it at all.

I'm also vegetarian, and the vegetarian choices on the menu are quite poor, in that there is generally only one option. However, if I don't like the option or they can't easily adapt it to be gluten free, then they're happy to make whatever I ask for.

Prior to being gluten free, I've found that most cruise lines have been similar for veggie options, but again, have always been willing to make something else as long as I've ordered it the night before.

We also tend to eat early (around 6) and enjoy the quietness of the MDR at this time. We found a really good server on the last night of our previous cruise in September, so specifically asked for him on our first night on board here, and have sat in his section every night.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KruzPrincess said:

I’ve been reading posts on another social media site. A lot of comments are about the small amounts of the main entrees. Some comments state that new cruisers don’t know that you can ask for as much food as you want.  Others are saying that the food is more for American taste than European taste. There are a lot of Europeans cruising since not a lot of Americans are traveling to Europe yet. Some are saying that they just don’t like the choices. Some people are speculating that the quality of the food isn’t up to par because of the supply chain. One person said their waiter quietly told them not to order the steak one night because it wasn’t good. Someone else relayed another similar story, but I can’t remember the food item. Just a lot of different complaints. ~~Don’t beat me up about any of this. I’m just relaying things I’ve read.~~

Thanks for reporting what you read.

• Like 1