“Suite!” Just Retired to be a pirate at sea with Sea Dog and Polly The Pirate Semi Live Explorer Nov. 7th

Sea Dog

18 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I always take a luggage scale in my backpack. Got it right after I had to redistribute between one suitcase at 51 pounds and one at 49 pounds.  And it took 3 tries to get it to 50 and 50. 

I have heard some people take a pillowcase, and just stuff things in it because they don’t charge for pillows or count it as a personal item.  I haven’t tried that yet. 

If we  ever fly to port I'll need to of these and DW's packing will certainly lead to double the limit!!!

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Testing out the COVID test

IMG_6288.thumb.jpg.e7fdcd89292c4d7e0ef87216850013c4.jpg

Two things I noticed. One,  I’m kind of hard of hearing and the proctor had a thick accent so it was sometimes hard to understand her. And second make sure you are in a well lit area. 

Go to Google Play and get the Live Transcribe (no cost)  for your phone.  Just put it next to the laptop speaker and let it transcribe what the proctor is saying.  Great for noisy restaurants too.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Go to Google Play and get the Live Transcribe (no cost)  for your phone.  Just put it next to the laptop speaker and let it transcribe what the proctor is saying.  Great for noisy restaurants too.

I have the app Otter which does the same thing. But your idea is a great one. I will try it. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Can’t figure out to insert a pic type something then insert another pic.

Posting from a phone and an iPad is similar in that you have to tap in the space with your figure rather than click with a mouse.  Here a two methods to try.  First,  when you first tap under a quote or pic type a letter to use as a place holder so that if you accidentally tape outside the box it’s easier to get back in it.  Next hit return several time to add blank spaces.  I add a bunch then delete what I don’t you before submitting.  Once you have a bunch of blank lines, go up to the top and start.  Also, on a phone it is harder to find pics.  You can copy and paste a pic. Most of the times when you hit paste it will first show up where we usually have the pics show up then you insert.

• Like 2

@bobmacliberty I didn’t see your post before posting my last one.  

Another way is to type out everything in Notes.  It should already be on your iPhone.  Leave spaces where you want pics.  Afterwords you just copy and paste into CC then insert the pics.  Another plus with this method, if CC glitches, you will not lose everything you type. Then you don’t have to try to remember everything you were trying to say which can be a challenge for a retired guy!  😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

FB_IMG_1636074968270.thumb.jpg.3bfba8a90b1ce7112707b98df76b8091.jpg

Maggie rests in the arms of your memories. With an anticipated wag or a comforting nuzzle she is eager to go when you are, or happy to cuddle in a loving embrace. Sad times are tempered by happy memories. She is traveling with you now. Enjoy her excitement her romps and her barks of joy. Maggie is right where she wants to be.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like you are again in the air Greg.  About 2.5 hours and the relaxing part of your vacation will begin!  Can you tell that I'm almost as excited as you are?

Why do I feel like @Ocean Boy talking to @ckrobyn?

I am looking forward to seeing him text, we have arrived in San Juan!  I think it might be that "Southwest" experience lingering.  

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss 🐶, I cried when I watched your tribute.

Following along, and thank you for doing this.

Happy Retirement to you and your wife, and Happy Graduation to your son.

Enjoy your cruise 🚢🍹

Edited by Bronx12
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes Crystal I’m so used to posting from computers, this phone thing is different. Need to figure out how to write something then insert pic, write more insert pic. I may have to improvise. 

sorry if this is sloppy. This is not my true nature.

Remember, you are retired and we get what we pay for.😉

I’ll gladly accept whatever you give us. 

• Like 12

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do you actually have to wear a mask everywhere?

you don't need to wear them outside. But if you go to a store, mall, medical office, etc.  you are required to use them.  Same with a restaurant, must wear a mask, just for entering or if you leave your table to go to the restroom.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We are here but nobody from Southwest is here.

1FF628C2-0656-4EAC-BF02-8FFC355F39C3.jpeg

We connected in Atlanta once very very early in the morning. Nobody there. We rode the train around and around for something to do till everyone woke up. 

• Like 1

1236405595_SANJUAN.thumb.jpg.d16e2f5b5e57b44bc64bcbb00bb173e7.jpg

We Made it!!!!!

I love touchdowns and I’m not talking football. The second leg from Orlando was a packed flight including screaming children and loud adults. I got to try out my brand new Bose Sleep Buds to drown out the offenders. They worked great. Even though a screaming child can cut through metal.

IMG_6308.thumb.jpg.6c7f6737f6717b724f5e0f2bae4f3bbc.jpg

With bags picked up we were greeted at the exit by people in white haz mat suits. They wanted to see ID and the QR code that was sent after filling out the travel safe Puerto Rico form and uploading your vaccine cards. I did this approximately 3 weeks ago.

IMG_6312.thumb.jpg.75ad011450e3f9e206124adb73305a89.jpg

Onward to the Hotel CasaBlanca.

Upon arrival this quaint little hotel has a lot of charm. More pictures later. Our room was a two bedroom suite with a nice little balcony. I can see why this hotel comes so highly recommended.

IMG_6320.thumb.jpg.d44c40636b7b4524ebcf72d133db9c23.jpg

Our two bedroom suite.

IMG_6326.thumb.jpg.59dde5472885c60748c67cbcf60fc7ef.jpg

IMG_6323.thumb.jpg.5726495fcec4b3057b7a98e188bec61b.jpg

IMG_6324.thumb.jpg.2c825169b7991a272f74ccec85997023.jpg

IMG_6331.thumb.jpg.871be17aa3096aa6a16c866bbf040ea6.jpg

Then we must address 

the elephant in the room. We must take our COVID tests before we do anything . If one of us test's  positive the cruise is a no go.

This is the most beautiful picture I’ve taken all trip.

IMG_6345.thumb.jpg.43cbef09de1ebd3242c3256350990b28.jpg

WE ARE ALL NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to the bar. I need a drink !

More later, Cheers! The Sea Dog.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Great news, Greg!!!  Who knew that "negative" could be such a beautiful expression????

So happy that you all can now relax, and really begin to enjoy your Retirement and long-awaited vacation aboard the Explorer!!!!!!🛳️

• Like 5

@Sea Dog  Happy retirement!  We are on Explorer Nov 14th and we are also staying at Casablanca for one night.  So we really appreciate your doing this blog for us.  Please let us know how the restaurants are in San Juan.  Will you be getting breakfast at the Casablanca?

• Like 1