Group "Live" thread: Majestic 11/6 - 11/13 Mexican Riviera

CineGraphic

23 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Have fun my friend!  I might stay onboard the whole time.  My wife knew all the "flea market" vendors by name and they her name.  She is curious to see how many are still around?

She is trying to talk me into going to our favorite restaurant in PV, "Pipi's."  They have the best coconut margaritas, guacamole and grilled lobster in town!

Coconut margaritas? Omg that sounds yummy. I want at least one mango margarita. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Have fun my friend!  I might stay onboard the whole time.  My wife knew all the "flea market" vendors by name and they her name.  She is curious to see how many are still around?

She is trying to talk me into going to our favorite restaurant in PV, "Pipi's."  They have the best coconut margaritas, guacamole and grilled lobster in town!

I’ll also be getting some port info / taxi prices etc for my friend who will be joining the ship the day we get off as a port lecturer. At least I will get to see her later in November on the next trip. 🙌

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

I’ll also be getting some port info / taxi prices etc for my friend who will be joining the ship the day we get off as a port lecturer. At least I will get to see her later in November on the next trip. 🙌

We'll be back on board on Dec 29th for a 10 day, Sea of Cortez cruise, with family.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

LA Cruiser which CVA?  We are in Pasadena and do this cruise on the 27th so I am just beginning to search for a test on Thanksgiving!

Hey Pasadena Dave We are on your cruise! Hopefully we'll all meet up! I got the at home ones in case we can't get in anywhere here in Kingman, AZ on Thanksgiving.  3 weeeks yet...oh mylanta!

6 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Well….CVS just threw us another curveball.

When they rescheduled our tests for this afternoon, they scheduled me for a rapid test, and Pam for a regular, non-rapid test. We didn’t find this out until we arrived and they claimed that there was nothing they could do, so we rushed to our local urgent care clinic who were more than happy to test us right away. 

We’re trying to laugh about it, but it gets harder with each screw-up. I don’t think we’ve ever had so many things go wrong before a vacation……let’s hope that this is the end of all this nonsense. 

I can't believe what you had to go through!! Glad you got it all sorted.  Our CVS here has been great and very reliable.  We got COVID tests for both our August cruise and this cruise with no issues and we also got our boosters there two weeks ago tomorrow (the first day Moderna was available),

We'll also be at the Crowne Plaza.  Are you going to take their shuttle to the ship or a taxi?  Maybe we'll see you waiting in the lobby Sat. morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

LA Cruiser which CVA?  We are in Pasadena and do this cruise on the 27th so I am just beginning to search for a test on Thanksgiving!

Dave,

We went to the CVS at Sierra Madre and San Pasqual for tests yesterday.  I got my results today my wife is still waiting.  As a fallback we had ordered the monitored at home tests.  She did that tonight and we are good to go tomorrow morning.  Kind of a belt and suspenders approach, but it worked.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

We'll also be at the Crowne Plaza.  Are you going to take their shuttle to the ship or a taxi?  Maybe we'll see you waiting in the lobby Sat. morning.

We’ll either take the shuttle for $5.50 each, or walk the few blocks…..not sure yet.

our plans for today are to buy flowers at the nearby farmers market and then have lunch at 22nd Street Landing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

our plans for today are to buy flowers at the nearby farmers market and then have lunch at 22nd Street Landing.

Enjoy your lunch at our favorite SP restaurant. Two weeks ago arriving at B92 to board Majestic at 1030 we were too late to get an Elite group one card but being number two wasn’t bad either. I heard that those arriving later had longer lines to be processed. 

Thank you all for posting on this live thread!  We are sailing Nov 20.  I booked a deluxe balcony guaranteed and have not gotten my room yet.  Has anyone here booked guarantee and when did you get a room assignment?

22 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We had to book a guarantee, Deluxe Balcony also.  We received our cabin assignment yesterday morning, an upgrade to a mini suite!

Yay for you!  That is what I expect to get too.  There are so many mini suites available on our cruise.  What floor are you on?

• Like 1

I had a friend on the Majestic who was upgraded from an interior to a mini.  He said that the ship was so empty that all interiors were upgraded to balcony plus.  Nice....Wishing same for all.  Have a wonderful cruise.  

• Like 1

Our first flight from Atlanta to Denver went without a hitch, then the ____ hit the fan. Our flight from Denver to Long Beach sat at the gate for an hour while they waited for maintenance to return a coffee pMaker that need repair. Then, when we landed we sat on the tarmac for another hour waiting for a gate to open up.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Our first flight from Atlanta to Denver went without a hitch, then the ____ hit the fan. Our flight from Denver to Long Beach sat at the gate for an hour while they waited for maintenance to return a coffee pMaker that need repair. Then, when we landed we sat on the tarmac for another hour waiting for a gate to open up.

BUT  You made it!!!!  Woo Hoo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Just had a fabulous lunch at the 22nd Street Landing.

The food and service were top-notch, and through the fog we could see the Crown Princess hanging out nearby. The Grand is in port as well and departs in about an hour.

FBB601C5-D5E6-4A7D-884D-A0E7888C6574.thumb.jpeg.cfeaa6fe4fd0ce3bdd4acf4f2ec69b90.jpeg6F156D54-1850-4A87-A0FB-103BF1F5A1A3.thumb.jpeg.8ccc04a25cedbd3345a0798251776f32.jpeg

Geee, that's kinda Majestic