Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

6 hours ago, uktog said:

And most of us don’t like our gin or whisky drowned in mixers. We try and train the bar staff on the proportions we like but when we fail (oh bring back Papa Dale he remembered it 18 months later….) we ask for the can on the side and mix it ourselves. The good staff remember after a day or so but a lot of the newbies didn’t even remember from one round to the next. 😂

Asking for the mixer on the side is a great idea, thank you! I hadn’t really thought about doing that, but I will now. I always want to be sure it’s not Royal Club or Fever Tree, but rather Schweppes or Canadian Club. Asking for a double and having the tonic on the side will mean that the bar staff won’t feel that I’m micromanaging them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paisa1969 said:

Currently in Azamara Quest.. service is excellent and food is wonderful.. no complaints.. I think everything is better with the new ownership.

We are boarding the Quest on 9/17 in Barcelona and getting very excited.   Would like to know if the Patio is open at night for dinner?

Seems to be numbers related. If I am correct on high occupancy sailings The Patio is open for dinner service, on lower occupancy it isn’t. 
Disappointing to say the least. Such a pleasant venue on a warm evening.  

11 minutes ago, RW75 said:

Seems to be numbers related. If I am correct on high occupancy sailings The Patio is open for dinner service, on lower occupancy it isn’t. 

Yes I agree.  Keeping fingers crossed that it will be open.🤞

• Like 2

4 hours ago, paisa1969 said:

Currently in Azamara Quest.. service is excellent and food is wonderful.. no complaints.. I think everything is better with the new ownership.

Thanks for sharing this. My sister and her hubby are onboard for their first Az cruise and are more than impressed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, acruisergirl said:

We are boarding the Quest on 9/17 in Barcelona and getting very excited.   Would like to know if the Patio is open at night for dinner?

On Quest currently and it’s been open most nights, apparently Quest is the only ship up to full service levels for passengers and staff.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, norn iron said:

Thanks for sharing this. My sister and her hubby are onboard for their first Az cruise and are more than impressed.

Met them yesterday on tour in Porto and they’re really enjoying it, would think being a small ship we would have bumped into them sooner.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RW75 said:

We often took our meal from Windows out to The Patio to eat when the rear area deck was full.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruizer Bill said:

We are on the Pursuit

The ship is gorgeous!

We have self serve buffets!

There are 482 passengers on board.  We are in Rouen, France today and it rained on us but we still had fun.

Hey Bill it’s great to hear you and the Mrs. are having a grand Azamara cruise. 

4 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

So we tried the "replacement" Sauvignon Blanc. It is a Bordeaux table wine at 10$. The included SB is actually better. They are not even trying.....😔

So disappointing it’s like they think we are mugs. Can’t remember the replacement SB in Norway it came with the usual this is better. Mr Google said no and my palate said never. I drank rose all trip as a result. 

And if the ship is full the patio should be open at night bWhat’s the new excuse? 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:35 PM, acruisergirl said:

We got off yesterday after 3 back to backs on the Quest-patio seemed to be open most nights.

• Thanks 2

I am reading the Celebrity boards and they have the same procurement problems  with wines for their premium packages.  People are getting just as annoyed that they can’t get the better wines.  They are running out of some of the better ones.  
I would bet we would find the same problems across all cruise lines.

• Like 2

I live in California's wine country, and if you google "Wine Shortage" you will see that there are a number of articles about this topic. One is about a bottle shortage, which I hear quite a bit about here.  Also, in Napa and Sonoma almost no wines were made in 2020, due to the fires ruining most of grapes. I know supply chain issues are impacting many of the other reasons why wine is in short supply. Meanwhile, we are in full-on harvest "Crush" season here. Hope that this week's intense heat hasn't impacted this year's crop!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, betsey said:

I live in California's wine country, and if you google "Wine Shortage" you will see that there are a number of articles about this topic. One is about a bottle shortage, which I hear quite a bit about here.  Also, in Napa and Sonoma almost no wines were made in 2020, due to the fires ruining most of grapes. I know supply chain issues are impacting many of the other reasons why wine is in short supply. Meanwhile, we are in full-on harvest "Crush" season here. Hope that this week's intense heat hasn't impacted this year's crop!  

By all means. They have some delivery issues and I can relate to that. There would be no problem to replace the "missing" wines with the equal quality wines. The S B replacement was bad and had a chemical after taste. Some of the other wines are £ 5,50 at ASDA and then the Ultimate Package is of no value if you take it for the wine. 

There are some exceptions so we can pick a few good wines  but the choice is limited.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

By all means. They have some delivery issues and I can relate to that. There would be no problem to replace the "missing" wines with the equal quality wines. The S B replacement was bad and had a chemical after taste. Some of the other wines are £ 5,50 at ASDA and then the Ultimate Package is of no value if you take it for the wine. 

There are some exceptions so we can pick a few good wines  but the choice is limited.

Fully agreed, and this is one of the few areas I'd knock Azamara - wines in the Ultimate package being swapped out for much lower quality substitutes. Yes, there are some exceptional deals for good-yet-inexpensive wines, but it doesn't seem as though Azamara is finding them. On our first trip, there weren't local wines to bring aboard (unless you like Icelandic blueberry wine); next trip is Greece so I'd hope that they are able to source some good "destination immersion" wines.

All that said, we were able to upgrade to the Ultimate Package for just $7/day (to our surprise, we already had the Premium Package) and will do that again if possible, just for the upgraded Champagne, mid-shelf spirits, and San Pellegrino.

Edited by JYDCruise

Just now, lisiamc said:

Maybe we should all remember to write “Please get some better wines for the Ultimate package” in the Your Cruise So Far and the End of Cruise survey.

I’ve commented on that each cruise, as well as discussing it with officers on board!

• Like 2