Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

3 hours ago, andrcan said:

All meetups scheduled after each other to make it easier for Lee to23179034-BEA0-47D9-A20E-E09525010E49.thumb.jpeg.6804279bf0e1bf3580c53c71eaf04e2a.jpeg attend all of them:)

To me this is a huge downgrade shown in the importance of the Cruise Critic meet and greet. To have it hosted by the Assistant Cruise Director. And just another on the list of "you need to arrange this". Big mistake. Perhaps Riocca's observations are correct. Such a pity. 

Phil 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Riocca said:

Having cruised with many cruise lines the high profile meet and greets seems to be a Royal Caribbean/Celebrity thing. We had one on Quest last month but it was a low profile self administered thing with just room set aside for it, Ryszard did attend but only when someone reminded him it was going on.

Now under new ownership maybe Azamara are taking a more ambivalent view of Cruise Critic like the majority of other cruise lines.

Actually the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet program was suspended for Covid [across all cruise lines] and has not been brought back officially.  When I asked CC about it, they were surprised that Azamara is still holding them at all.

• Like 3

I think some Azamara staff set up social media pages elsewhere which duplicate much of the information sharing of cruise critic. Maybe that has found more favour with management as I see from some trip reports they get hosted meetings 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Actually the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet program was suspended for Covid [across all cruise lines] and has not been brought back officially.  When I asked CC about it, they were surprised that Azamara is still holding them at all.

I think you have the answer!

Phil 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Maybe that’s why the link here doesn’t work anymore and the only way to register is on the Azamara website. It’s a shame, really. Such a great way to meet people from your roll call.

• Like 2

I think we should all continue to register for the Cruise Critic parties via Azamara web site to let them know there are passengers who do appreciate getting together…..still.  We  registered for our Quest cruise in Dec and quite a few people came…..with masks.  Drinks were served.  I remember the Assistant cruise director made an appearance.  It was the just after leaving the post of Miami on embarkation day.  

I don’t really care if the event is hosted so much as I want to meet the people I have been chatting with for months!  We have met some very nice people this way…..some I still stay in contact with!  
As Covid guidelines are being relaxed, I wonder why Cruise Critic can’t poll the cruise lines, find out who allows these gatherings right now and get these links going again.  I have seen CC gatherings happening on other lines, besides Azamara!  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lookyboy said:

Can anyone currently on board, confirm whether breakfast is still being served in Aqualina for suite guests, across all four vessels or only Onward? 

Thanks.

We disembarked from Journey on 6th September and it was served in Aqualina. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I think we should all continue to register for the Cruise Critic parties via Azamara web site to let them know there are passengers who do appreciate getting together…..still.

I agree completely, and frankly, would think it would be in CC’s interest to encourage  them as well, as a way to promote group cohesion. It’s really great to put a face to a name after sometimes years of chatting online.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lookyboy said:

Thank you. X

6 hours ago, barneyboy said:

We disembarked from Journey on 6th September and it was served in Aqualina. 

Thank you. It was served on Onward, but we weren't sure if that was due to covid and spreading out the breakfasts, or just one of Onward's inaugural special touches. Thank you, this is great as it is such a lovely start to the day. x

53 minutes ago, Lookyboy said:

Thank you. It was served on Onward, but we weren't sure if that was due to covid and spreading out the breakfasts, or just one of Onward's inaugural special touches. Thank you, this is great as it is such a lovely start to the day. x

Yes we really enjoyed it. We’re back to a balcony cabin for our next cruise and will really miss the breakfasts. Maybe we’ll get a move up offer 🤞 

43 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just onboard Journey. Guest count is 530 apparently. As of last night Greece port no longer requires a negative Covid test prior to boarding. It's great to be back at last. 

Phil 

Ps. Like a turd that won't flush😀

E4C7BE1F-DAE4-4EAA-AAC0-C5BE38AC460A.jpeg

Doubt I will be upgrading my drinks package then 😔. If they genuinely were going to change they’d have done it by now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just onboard Journey. Guest count is 530 apparently. As of last night Greece port no longer requires a negative Covid test prior to boarding. It's great to be back at last. 

Phil 

Ps. Like a turd that won't flush😀

E4C7BE1F-DAE4-4EAA-AAC0-C5BE38AC460A.jpeg

Like the way you give us the good news before the bad!

Great to hear that Piraeus no longer require a negative test - we join the Quest there in just over 4 weeks and were trying to decide how best to organise tests. One less thing to worry about now. Just have to worry about how many Schweppes to buy!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Phil, how did you learn that a negative covid test is no longer required for boarding the ship in Piraeus?  That is great news!  I am on the cruise next month with Grandma Cruising.  It is a big relief not to worry about the test.