Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

Quest is in Cartagena. Four cases of Covid. Piano player Jose Maria is filling up the Den with decent music. Apart from that we have nothing special to report. Red wines in Ultimate package are decent  - the whites not so. Has reported it in mid cruise survey. Both Bar manager and F&B manager responded. Delivery issues all over.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good to see you have a different DJ - July Quest had got a "wrong hire" for sure.  Have the Fantastic Beats gone home from the Living Room?  They were amazing but as they were on in April as well I am guessing they were about due a rest.  I also see a change in The Den.

Anyone on Journey - who are the entertainers there?  Thats my next "port of call" so beginning to anticipate things.  I know there is a bit of change before the 24th there as the cruise before is a charter and that usually signals some changing around as the charter folks bring their own entertainment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, uktog said:

Good to see you have a different DJ - July Quest had got a "wrong hire" for sure.  Have the Fantastic Beats gone home from the Living Room?  They were amazing but as they were on in April as well I am guessing they were about due a rest.  I also see a change in The Den.

Anyone on Journey - who are the entertainers there?  Thats my next "port of call" so beginning to anticipate things.  I know there is a bit of change before the 24th there as the cruise before is a charter and that usually signals some changing around as the charter folks bring their own entertainment.

Fantastic Beats got off in Lisbon at the end of the last cruise, agree they were great Living Room was our pre dinner port of call to listen to them.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 12:54 AM, aliaschief said:

Hey Bill it’s great to hear you and the Mrs. are having a grand Azamara cruise. 

Thanks Bruce!  We are on B2B cruises all the way to Barcelona.  There are 85 of us staying on and that is a record for Azamara post-Covid.  
There are 579 passengers booked on the next cruise.  That is 98 more than the present cruise.

We are expecting protestors when we sail into Bordeaux.  They don’t like cruises or cruisers.  You should be with us to drink some Bordeaux wine!

16 minutes ago, Cruizer Bill said:

Thanks Bruce!  We are on B2B cruises all the way to Barcelona.  There are 85 of us staying on and that is a record for Azamara post-Covid.  
There are 579 passengers booked on the next cruise.  That is 98 more than the present cruise.

We are expecting protestors when we sail into Bordeaux.  They don’t like cruises or cruisers.  You should be with us to drink some Bordeaux wine!

Will be in Lyon in thirty days for a 12 day Scenic Line river cruise with a celebrity chef and culinary theme. Will be back on Journey for intensive Spain followed by France next June. Onward in January plus 2024 World Cruise on Onward. See what you started by suggesting we try Azamara? Your recommendation was spot on. Thanks.

Bruce

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

You lucky diners having Gambas al Ajillo.  I wish we were still on Quest.

After our Azamara Spanish cruise, my better half insisted on including this dish in our family dinners’ rotation list as one of designated appetizers (the consequence being, I needed to learn how to cook it but no regrets whatsoever) 🤤

• Like 1

18 hours ago, uktog said:

On Journey and just arrived in Athens. X

F4BD1230-0BCB-49C1-8339-9F05EA1C443E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Not on board currently, nor even recently, but, our neighbours who have been visiting family in Sweden decided to "hop on a cruise."

Some of what we have told these first time Azamara cruisers over the years must have been effective, as they chose Quest around Ireland.

They arrived home a few days ago and have been full of praise for all aspects of their experience. 🤩

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 9/15/2022 at 1:34 PM, uktog said:

The band in Living Room is the Lucky Boyz. They are very good. They came on in Lisbon and they are from Bali. Excellent band.

Jose from Manilla played the piano in the Den and was very well liked. He doesn't put the volume too high and he interacts well with audience. He had recently been emploed by Viking River. The Den was almost full every evening.

We are off the ship now. Disembarkation was a breeze as we travel with carry-ons this time.

Yes. It can be done.😆

Edited by oddjob16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/17/2022 at 11:45 AM, Cruizer Bill said:

We had protestors outside this morning in Bordeaux.  They were banging on drums.  I think they have also been harassing the river cruise boats as well but I am not sure.  The Pursuit leaves Bordeaux tomorrow ar 12:30 PM.

What are they protesting?