Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

Always the most fun and welcoming place to be and quite correct, always non smokers there.  Sometimes takes people a day or two to find us.  

Can honestly say Azamara are the only ships I have never for a moment felt lonely while travelling alone.  

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Hey, it’s outside, so I have never found it to be a bother.

Before my first Azamara cruise I was worried about the smoke being all around the jogging track as the smoking area is just below in the corner of the pool deck - and found nothing like that at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RW75 said:

Is anyone onboard Onward able to take a pic of the smoking area? Or offer any comment in comparison to the other ships. 

Saw a video which panned by for a split second and the furnishing did not look comfortable at all and certainly not the same as the other ships.  
As I intend spending forty or so days there in the coming months I am a little curious. 

I was on in June and they still had the Princess furniture there and were waiting on the arrival of replacement furniture (for smoking area, Mosaic tables and probably more) not sure if it has arrived yet...not back onboard till December

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RW75 said:

Always the most fun and welcoming place to be and quite correct, always non smokers there.  Sometimes takes people a day or two to find us.  

Can honestly say Azamara are the only ships I have never for a moment felt lonely while travelling alone.  

I totally agree. I've made some amazing friends from all over the world that i never would have met otherwise. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RW75 said:

I totally agree!

Just back home after 3 weeks on Journey. This time it where the people we met - in the smokers area - that made this weeks so memorable.

• Like 1

The only problem I have encountered as far as the smoking area / smokers are concerned was when one of those smokers walked with cigarette in hand, actively smoking - to the bar where I was waiting for a drink and stood right beside me exhaling smoke over me and the bartender and was disinclined to return her cigarette to the smoking area.

20 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

The only problem I have encountered as far as the smoking area / smokers are concerned was when one of those smokers walked with cigarette in hand, actively smoking - to the bar where I was waiting for a drink and stood right beside me exhaling smoke over me and the bartender and was disinclined to return her cigarette to the smoking area.

If I were the bartender I would have used the 'hose' to dowse her with seltzer and put out the fire.  [But then, I wouldn't be the bartender the next day.  Too bad.]

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

30 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If I were the bartender I would have used the 'hose' to dowse her with seltzer and put out the fire.  [But then, I wouldn't be the bartender the next day.  Too bad.]

Not with that attitude, for sure! 🤣

Had I seen that happen I would certainly have had plenty to say.

Total lack of manners and common courtesy.  

Another advantage of the smoking area is being right next to the bar and the door to the bar. Most attentive drinks service on deck. There’s no need to go to the bar. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Trish, you know I have spent a lot of time on Azamara and can say I've never seen that happen. I've always found the smokers to be a respectful lot who observe the rules. You were unlucky. I would have swiftly spoken to the bar tender. To sort it out. I agree with RW75. Very disrespectful. The bar staff are excellent at coming round and taking orders. No need to go to the bar at all. 

Phil 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, RW75 said:

Is anyone onboard Onward able to take a pic of the smoking area? Or offer any comment in comparison to the other ships. 

Saw a video which panned by for a split second and the furnishing did not look comfortable at all and certainly not the same as the other ships.  
As I intend spending forty or so days there in the coming months I am a little curious. 

The furniture is not particularly comfortable but believe it is only temporary and will be replaced when new items arrive. I have attached a photo of the smoking area taken on White night on Onward. Not everyone smoked but it was definitely a very sociable hub and thoughts of a not so comfy seating faded into the sunset. 😂🥰

image.thumb.jpeg.21785a13c81f106c2c071317830a1b81.jpeg

Edited by tmacktravels
  • Like 1

Not sure if it was on this thread, but I did read somewhere that it was still the Princess furniture in the smoking area on Onward, but in this photo it looks to still be in useable condition and doesn't seem to be affecting the wonderful time you all having on board.  Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

Not sure if it was on this thread, but I did read somewhere that it was still the Princess furniture in the smoking area on Onward, but in this photo it looks to still be in useable condition and doesn't seem to be affecting the wonderful time you all having on board.  Enjoy!

The Pacific Princess (Onward) was in dry dock about 4 years ago and got new furniture

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, suec12 said:

so would it be gauche to wear a Azamara robe to white night? Are there some folks that don't go white? not sure my DH owns anything white.

I have seen both (and the robe idea was suggested by the CD).

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Trish, you know I have spent a lot of time on Azamara and can say I've never seen that happen. I've always found the smokers to be a respectful lot who observe the rules. You were unlucky. I would have swiftly spoken to the bar tender. To sort it out. I agree with RW75. Very disrespectful. The bar staff are excellent at coming round and taking orders. No need to go to the bar at all. 

Phil 

Phil, something so out of place tends to stick in one's memory. It only happened once and the bartender did sort it.

I don't usually spend much time on the pool deck, but Pool Bar staff make the best Tropical Lemonades, my refreshing warm afternoon drink which I pick up on the way to trivia. ☺️

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Regarding the laundry room, please remember it’s open to all, and it’s not a good idea to lay your undergarments and socks out on the ironing board to dry 🙄

🙄 Well there's something I haven't seen before! 😲

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2022 at 7:29 AM, Baynanno1 said:

That’s not on.  My husband would never leave the area holding his cigar, nor have I noticed anyone else do that.  But there are some self-entitled types around sometimes. The barman should certainly have advised the passenger that smoking is not permitted at the bar. And not served said passenger!

• Like 4